Listening to NOW.. Stereo FLAC download

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Van Halen - Fair Warning 96/24

Man, this is one of my all time favorites. It is so bad ass and rocks hard. Pretty dark for VH I think.

Pretty interesting listening to these songs today. The very last song called ONE FOOT OUT THE DOOR.....man, what a vicious, dark rocker. It totally reminds me of early Soundgarden or something like that. You think this was the early version of that musical style??? It very well could be. Check this out. Forget Diamond Dave and focus on the guitar riff going on in the background....WOW!!!

[video=youtube;1vOL8e8oeTQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vOL8e8oeTQ[/video]

Pretty interesting listening to these songs today. The very last song called ONE FOOT OUT THE DOOR.....man, what a vicious, dark rocker. It totally reminds me of early Soundgarden or something like that. You think this was the early version of that musical style??? It very well could be. Check this out. Forget Diamond Dave and focus on the guitar riff going on in the background....WOW!!!

[video=youtube;1vOL8e8oeTQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vOL8e8oeTQ[/video]

Oh , man, "Fair Warning" is VH's BEST LP...it was recorded when tensions were quite high, and it rubbed off on the music, giving it this really aggressive vibe....which, curiously is not very palpable since it comes across as "dark"...

"One break ..COMING UUUUP!!"

(I bought it when it came out and had to buy it again a few years ago -on LP of course!- cause mine was worn out..and I take great care of my LPs!!!)

Van Halen - Diver Down 96/24

:cool:

This was the only time I ever saw VH...had just moved to Philly to study at Temple (Freshie!) and it was the BIGGEST PARTY I HAD EVER BEEN TO!!!!
Debauchery CENTRAL!!!

As usual , they put on a GREAT show and the stage was , to me, the BEST one they ever had , with ALL OF THOSE SPEAKERS EVERYWHERE...Diamond Dave jumping 12 feet from the drum riser and Eddie and Mike running around like maniacs!!!!!..back when they could afford their own vices...

Rogue One - A Star Wars Story (Michael Giacchino) 96/24 from Acoustic Sounds.

The 15% off made this a no-brainer.

I'm one of the few who has really enjoyed the movie and I think the music is fabulous. :music

6BAC125B-09C0-4C2E-8911-AEEB80B49A08.jpg

Elbow - Little Fictions in 24/96.

Been a fan for 10 years or so, enjoying this very much. Great depth and detail. Craig Potter certainly knows his way around a mixing desk (as well as keyboards). :)

ELO - A New World Record in 24/192. A great listening experience, "Shangri-La" still gives me goosebumps after all these years.

ELO - A New World Record in 24/192. A great listening experience, "Shangri-La" still gives me goosebumps after all these years.

sorry for flogging a dead horse, cause 192 is overkill and , aamof, it does more harm than good..

THE POINT being- I got an extremely minty UK 1st pressing a few years back and I still LOVE listening to my 96/24 rip.....can't believe it took me THAT long to discover that LP....

Just blew my paycheck on booze and Flac files, somethings never change. Well not listening but purchased and downloading. I deleted my CD ripped files and replacing with some new 24/192. Issac Hayes: Shaft and Black Moses, Van Halen: Diver Down, fair Warning, Women and Children First, Van Halen II, Fleetwood Mac: Bare Trees, Future Games, Kiln House, Mystery To Me. All righteous stereo of course. And one, new music Sheryl Crow: Be Myself.

Stereo 24/192 Alice Cooper, Trash and Hey Stoopid. Excellent. On a stereo ROCK roll now. Surround discs are just not getting it for me right now, I have to go to the heavy world where I feel more comfortable.

INXS- X, 24/44.1 Stereo. Great disc. I LOVE track 3, The Stairs. It is easy to tell the difference between the RBCD 16 bit and the 24 bit on these FLAC's, albeit subtle. Good DAC,speakers, amps etc, always more important then the media format. The 24bit smooths out the edges and the mid range and bass work beautifully together, with a nice treble dripping over the top. I think there is more of a difference on the bit than the Khz. This download sounds great at 44.1. Maybe someday I'll get to meet Michael Hutchence and Freddie Mercury.
51nliQTi7bL._AC_US500_QL65_.jpg

The last time I bought from HD-tracks was about a year ago, I purchased The Cars box set. Since then everything I'm interested in says "This product is not currently available due to region restrictions". This is very frustrating. At least with physical media you can usually still purchase the item even if it was originally licensed for a particular country or region. I support HD-tracks as much as possible but lately I haven't been able to due to region restrictions!

Back