Listening to NOW.. Stereo FLAC download

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Van Halen II (2015 Remaster via Acoustic Sounds)
FLAC 192khz

th

I do have a remaster somewhere around the house. Guess I'll have to get it out for comparison...

I got this West German pressing and I'm happy with it...it's definitely not compressed...it could use some "touch ups"on some areas to make the sound a little cleaner...but for a CD I'm happy with it..it gets played more than some of my hi rez discs...maybe you even have that version...here is the picture below..it's called a "target" disc..with the red highlights

here it is

OK - I'm not quite listening to this...but will be in about 10 minutes.....downloading the 192khz FLAC file now. :banana:

XUNI73463F192__97650__05212014103900-6883.jpg

Initial impressions are this......the quieter moments (there are a few) sound very good. Once they crank up the wall of sound...it does tend to get a little screechy. Too much treble.....unfortunate....because the other parts sound pretty damn good.

I'm tempted to "buy" Dusty In Memphis MONO... The 10% off code is newarrival

update: Oh, no, I just bought jriver since I couldn't find anything else that runs on a mac ... well at least I had a coupon for $10 off

I downloaded a cheap one: Fun. Some Nights 24 bit 44.1 khz

(Let me know if you find something with more bass than this. This one shakes the house.)

Attachments

• Fun. - Some Nights_50.jpg
    Fun. - Some Nights_50.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
Just purchased Simon & Garfunkel 192 FLAC Greatest Hits. This sounds very good......better than the CD I have...

Scarborough Fair sounds excellent...this is such a timeless classic....I can't describe the feeling this song brings to me......

Just purchased Simon & Garfunkel 192 FLAC Greatest Hits. This sounds very good......better than the CD I have...

Scarborough Fair sounds excellent...this is such a timeless classic....I can't describe the feeling this song brings to me......
Yea, 15% off on HD Tracks right now with coupon HDMAY12. I guess that's where you got it?

So, how's the bass?

Back