Listening to NOW.. Stereo FLAC download

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Destroyer (Resurrected) huh? I just downloaded one of the two songs available separately King Of The Night Time World (2012 Remix) for like $2.12 -- sort of interesting. Sounds like it is has been sped up a bit. And have the vocals been re-recorded? Well, I'm glad they let you try out one song before buying the whole thing.

How might the regular download sound compared to the SHM SACD?

image.jpg

Beach Boys - Smiley Smile

Wow! The song "Wind Chimes" is a super surreal song full of psychedelia.....I love it! Never heard this album before. Then there is Gettin Hungry....also excellent! Wow, to have grown up in this era....

Beach Boys - Smiley Smile

Wow! The song "Wind Chimes" is a super surreal song full of psychedelia.....I love it! Never heard this album before. Then there is Gettin Hungry....also excellent! Wow, to have grown up in this era....

So, if and when the SACD ever gets released...I'll be ALL OVER THIS AGAIN!!

So, if and when the SACD ever gets released...I'll be ALL OVER THIS AGAIN!!

I've noticed Acoustic Sounds is selling the downloads now. I wonder if they will ever release the SACDs now. Doubtful.

That's just the MONO version unfortunately.

update: I downloaded the STEREO version 24/192 from HDTracks for 15% off. I'm 100% satisfied with it. Kevin Gray mastered supposedly, doesn't say that on HDTracks anywhere though.

Last edited:
So, I bought the 96/24 FLAC of Rolling Stones - HOT ROCKS 1964-1971

I gotta say, this is an excellent collection of older tunes. Some, sound somewhat dated while others sound quite excellent. I'm pleased with this purchase....never been a huge Stones fan...just trying to broaden my horizons and give credit where due. For sure, their late 60's early 70's output is excellent. I can dig it man....

Rolling_stones_-_hot_rocks.jpg

Destroyer (Resurrected) huh? I just downloaded one of the two songs available separately King Of The Night Time World (2012 Remix) for like $2.12 -- sort of interesting. Sounds like it is has been sped up a bit. And have the vocals been re-recorded? Well, I'm glad they let you try out one song before buying the whole thing.

How might the regular download sound compared to the SHM SACD?

Some how, I missed your Post.

From the Wiki:

Destroyer: Resurrected

In anticipation of the 35th anniversary of the release of Destroyer, producer Bob Ezrin approached Simmons and Stanley about doing a remix and re-release of the original album. With their approval, Ezrin acquired the original 16-track analog master tapes and had them digitally transferred for remixing. In addition to re-equalizing elements of each song, Ezrin also added in some parts of tracks that had been omitted from the original mix. Notable among these are some additional vocals on "Detroit Rock City" and "Beth", and the substitution of a guitar solo by Ace Frehley on "Sweet Pain" for the one from the original that had been performed by Dick Wagner. (A version of "Sweet Pain" with Frehley's solo was included as track 6, while the original version with Wagner's solo is appended as a "bonus" track at the end of the new CD.)[19] Ezrin also used digital manipulation to fix an incorrect lyric ("down 95") on "Detroit Rock City". The resulting album, titled Destroyer: Resurrected, was released on August 21, 2012.[20] It featured Ken Kelly's original cover artwork prior to alteration by Casablanca for the 1976 release.

Destroyer: Resurrected met with positive critical reception. William Clark of Guitar International wrote: "Each track sounds crisper, clearer and louder, which are always welcome qualities when you’re listening to a classic album of the likes of Destroyer".[21] The album returned to the Billboard charts, debuting at #11 the week after its re-release.

I gotta say, this is an excellent collection of older tunes. Some, sound somewhat dated while others sound quite excellent. I'm pleased with this purchase....never been a huge Stones fan...just trying to broaden my horizons and give credit where due. For sure, their late 60's early 70's output is excellent. I can dig it man....

View attachment 20060
I didn't know that was out on FLAC. Wouldn't it be something to get the MFSL mastering of this instead though? And the rest of the MFSL Stones.

I didn't know that was out on FLAC. Wouldn't it be something to get the MFSL mastering of this instead though? And the rest of the MFSL Stones.

I know, bummer. But yeah. I just saw it the other day. They are adding titles at break neck speed. Hard to keep up.

View attachment 20060

Although you know how I feel about downloads...I'm glad you are opening up to the Stones music from that period...I could never understand why you didn't like their "classic" songs from that era...

Beach Boys Summer Days stereo remix 24/196. Notice anyone missing? Al Jardine called in sick so wasn't in the picture.

Attachments

• summer_days_front.jpg
    summer_days_front.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 205
VH Diver Down 24/192. Sounds so good I've been playing it all day. HD Tracks had a sale on this one 20% off.

VH Diver Down 24/192. Sounds so good I've been playing it all day. HD Tracks had a sale on this one 20% off.

If you've been playing it all days that means you heard it about three times every hour. The album clocks in at 22 minutes. Still, Secrets is such a killer track!

Back