Would You Buy An SACD of Switched On Bach With A Quad Mix?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would You Buy An SACD of Switched On Bach With A Quad Mix?

• Yes

Votes: 48 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fourplay

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
OK guys & gals, here is an opportunity to make a real impact. There is a question from an industry insider to us, and it is this:

If they release an audiophile grade SACD of the original Switched On Bach with stereo and quad mixes, would you buy it?"

This is a simple yes or no, and the quantity of responses may directly impact the decision. The link will be sent to Wendy directly so she can see the poll and help make her decision. If anyone around here is on the Steve Hoffman forum perhaps the question could be posed there as well. The question is really whether the title would sell enough to justify the release.

Can we help? Please if you read this poll, cast your vote and support it with a purchase if it comes to pass.

Thanks!

I'd be first in line on that one. I got roped in over the years by buying an SQ LP, Q8,1/2 speed LP, SQ CD, and the Switched-On CD box set. This one would be my seventh copy.

Well-Tempered Synthesizer, SOB II, and her version of Bach's Brandenbburgs would also be most welcome follow ups. OK, one thing at a time.

Yes
I have about a sample of it on quad R/R tape
It is very discrete and full surround

Of course. A classical title might seem an unlikely choice for AF, but it was a best-selling crossover hit, so it might still have some legs.

ED :)

OK guys & gals, here is an opportunity to make a real impact. There is a question from an industry insider to us, and it is this:

If they release an audiophile grade SACD of the original Switched On Bach with stereo and quad mixes, would you buy it?"

This is a simple yes or no, and the quantity of responses may directly impact the decision. The link will be sent to Wendy directly so she can see the poll and help make her decision. If anyone around here is on the Steve Hoffman forum perhaps the question could be posed there as well. The question is really whether the title would sell enough to justify the release.

Can we help? Please if you read this poll, cast your vote and support it with a purchase if it comes to pass.

Thanks!
If it has the original album cover I would buy it. So that would say Walter Carlos on it.

Of course. A classical title might seem an unlikely choice for AF, but it was a best-selling crossover hit, so it might still have some legs.

Actually it would be a likely choice for Audio Fidelity since they worked with Wendy Carlos not that long ago on the reissue of the Tron Soundtrack on Vinyl LP and already have a working relationship with the artist.

Audio Fidelity Tron Team.jpg

Audio Fidelity Tron Team: Marshall Blonstein (Audio Fidelity President) - Left, Mike Fremer (Project Consultant) - Center, Kevin Gray (Remastering Engineer) - Right

https://audiofidelity.net/product/tron-wendy-carlos
http://www.analogplanet.com/content...ck-coming-double-180g-vinyl-lp-audio-fidelity
http://glassonyonpr.com/2014/07/27/audio-fidelity-hosts-disney-s-tron-ost-listening-party/

Great! And to keep everyone happy, they could include both front cover shots (the first had 'Bach' staring at us with some consternation; after the album went popular, same guy and set, but a look of smug satisfaction instead, heh.

I'm not familiar with the album but my first thought is to say no. I understand a lot of time and effort went into this and no offense to the yeas or the artists but synthesized classical leaves me stone cold.

any even slim chance your industry insider also has curiosity if someone will be interested in purchase of unreleased quad of "Crime Of The Century"?

Hell Yes! One of the most important and influential Artist over my entire life. Owned many versions of this title over the years. Absolutely would be a great score to have this! Holy Grail Quad title IMHO.

Also, any other Wendy Carlos Multi-Channel titles that might be in the vaults, please bring those on too!

Thanks.

Make my YES x2. My wife & I commonly purchase the same items, only to find out when they are delivered within a day of each other. I never bother to return the duplicate copy, so we have a small/steady growing pile of un-opened discs. I'd be pleased to have a stack of Wendy Carlos' discs, in duplicate of course.

Actually it would be a likely choice for Audio Fidelity since they worked with Wendy Carlos not that long ago on the reissue of the Tron Soundtrack on Vinyl LP and already have a working relationship with the artist.

That's Fantastic news! Let's Vote Yes and get this done folks..

Back