Would You Buy An SACD of Switched On Bach With A Quad Mix?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would You Buy An SACD of Switched On Bach With A Quad Mix?

• Yes

Votes: 48 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would very much support any effort towards these making these surround releases happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The release of Switched On Bach on SACD (Surround SACD or Stereo SACD) is dependent on getting artist approval from Wendy Carlos.
If that happens, I think such a release could indeed become a reality.

I would very much support any effort towards these making these surround releases happen.

Same here! :)

The format is not all that important to me as long as we get a chance to have this from the original tapes and in Hi-Res (SACD, Blu-Ray, DVD-A or download). So yes to a 4.0 release. I have no interest in a Stereo only release of this title.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but would far prefer a format with less DRM and a standard LPCM-based encoding. Download would be fine, as would Blu-ray.

Last edited:
OK, Here is the action I propose:

Take two days to compose an email to Wendy Carlos, and to reach out to other interested parties to ask them to do the same. Maybe someone could post a thread on Hoffman asking their members to do the same (if you think it is a good idea).

Ask her to please formally release Switched On Bach and her other surround works. Maybe write a quick personal note about why this is important to you, if appropriate.

Ask her to please post something on her website letting us know she has received our emails, and what the status of the project might be.

Let's all send them this coming Wednesday, March 1st, directly to the contact address shown on her website:

webmaster(nospam)@wendycarlos.com and please remove (nospam) before sending.

If you like, use the Subject: "Switched On Bach in Quad, Please"

By all means, use "please" in the text of your emails.

The goal is to get as many people as possible to do this, so that maybe we can get her attention.

Please try to get other people to do this as well so we can show some numbers. OK?

I have checked with Jon, and he is supportive of the idea, so let's do this!

I will be happy to participate, my only thought is to broaden what we're asking for rather than to single out one title. I would suggest a subject line with 'catalog' and 'surround' in it. That way she comes back with either SOB or a larger proposal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being an old fart
How do you address the note
So as not to give offence

MS. ?

Miss Carlos ?

Wendy ?

I will be happy to participate, my only thought is to broaden what we're asking for rather than to single out one title. I would suggest a subject line with 'catalog' and 'surround' in it. That way she comes back with either SOB or a larger proposal.

Sure. I was thinking that if we make the request too diffuse that it might make it easier to ignore the requests, but I think they (the emails) do not have to be perfectly uniform anyway. Do what feels right, and send it on Wednesday 3/1!

I would address her as Wendy.

Back