Tony Bennett at Carnegie Hall in 3 Channel Stereo SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First listen to Tony Bennett...excellent disc so far...it doesn't "wow" me like Nat King Cole did...but I'm loving it...

A key difference there is the Nat King Cole albums were done in a recording studio while the Tony Bennett was a live recording.
Generally speaking, I think you'll find the studio recordings have an edge quality and sound wise.

Unless you are talking about something like the Live Blues Masters Concerts recorded live to DSD by Gus Skinas. Now those recordings stand up quite well to albums from the studio! :)

View attachment 22590
Ultimate Tony Bennett
Great music and proably the best these tracks have ever sounded. All that being said, Boulevard of Broken dreams, Because of You and Stranger in Paradise date back to the early 50's, so you good do you think they sound?

View attachment 22591
Again, great tracks. Much of the music is heavily processed, synthesized, etc. The fidelity is great for the program material, but nothing like music that isn't run through all kinds of reverb and other tricks.

Have you heard this one...it's 3 channel and it sounds superb...recorded in 1962..very seldom do I like live recordings...almost never on rock releases...but songs like Stranger in Paradise are so warm and vinyl like...your center channel really gets a workout...

No, but that's on my want list, though not at the very top.

Unknown-8.jpeg

Have you heard this one...it's 3 channel and it sounds superb...recorded in 1962..very seldom do I like live recordings...almost never on rock releases...but songs like Stranger in Paradise are so warm and vinyl like...your center channel really gets a workout...

Back