ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was surprised that the Eagles are touring again....after Glenn Frey passed... Don Henley stated publicly that he didn't think the band would perform again....I guess I'm a little disappointed...I suppose having Glenn's son(Deacon) take his place is some king of connection...but for me it won't be the same...just my feeling...I'm sure they will sound good...but Glenn was more than just another voice...he was ingrained in what the Eagles were..part of the DNA..and Vince Gill...I guess he will fit in style wise...but for the 70 year old Henley..this will be physically grueling..and it's not a "token" tour...it's turning out to be a major tour...with new tour dates being announced...if Snood happens to go to the tour stop in Orlando he will also get to see Jimmy Buffett..and then Gos 3.0 will be jealous...

Here are the tour dates

I received my Todd Rundgren A Wizard A True Star SACD today...this is a first for me.. but it appears that it's been bent and resembles a warped record..I'm only talking about the outside packaging...I haven't opened it...I'm wondering if it's just the packaging or if the disc could be affected...I wonder if any one else has received one looking like this..the package it came in doesn't appear to be damaged....

I tried this at SH site but how about here, any one gotten any Dave Kerzner stuff and what would you recommend for me to get as far as New World,normal flac,High Def flac,cd?.

I have listened to 'New World' from band camp and Dave Kerzner has done a great job, like the 2 double album version,one can hear Pink Floyd,Genesis etc influences.

He has got a kickstarter going right now for new live recording of "Static" and says there is a 5.1 coming out as well

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/davekerzner/dave-kerzner-static-live-concert-video-and-album

I remember from Genesis forum when it was still going and Dave Kerzner(user name "squids") would post there and I remember he would mention about working with Phil's son and look a few years later he collaborated on 'Sound of Contact' and I think there is 2nd album being worked on now.
As well Dave said he loved Genesis in 5.1 so he has been exposed to 5.1 stuff

Dave Kerzner was also very good friends with Kevin Gilbert(solo albums and Toy Matinee project) who died to young and there is a Genesis connection there as well as Kevin I think was going to try out for Genesis when Phil Collins left the band.

I didn't see this mentioned on the forum..but I'm sure most have seen it on the news..Neil Diamond has retired due to illness.... I opted to use the news service from DOWN UNDER in honor of our great forum members from Aussie land HERE

I didn't see this mentioned on the forum..but I'm sure most have seen it on the news..Neil Diamond has retired due to illness.... I opted to use the news service from DOWN UNDER in honor of our great forum members from Aussie land HERE

Another music legend felled by a debilitating disease.

I was playing this incredible chock~filled 3 disc set recently uniting Neil's complete 6 UNI recordings + 7 bonus cuts recorded between 1968~1972. A fantastic 74 track RBCD collection. https://www.amazon.com/Play-Me-Comp...&qid=1516745748&sr=1-25&keywords=Neil+diamond

Also wish Universal would release Neil's Hot August Night on BD~A.

Thanks for those three songs, Clint. I've been on YouTube lately playing the same ones. There are several versions of "Journey..." and "I've Got a Line..." Those days when there were several incredible songs coming out every day...

Doug

Back