ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to Clint Eastwoods recommendation I picked up Rush 2112 40th anniversary for a very low price.
I never had this one not listening much to Rush at the time. The sound quality is excellent as are the bonus tracks.
I looked at the 1976 concert on the dvd. B&W grainy video as expected but great sound. I will get to the modern covers on disc 2.
Recommended. The only other Rush I have is the surround version(s) of Moving Pictures the songs I like very much.

Glad you enjoyed that one...not everybody will like the sound quality...but at that price point I felt it was worth mentioning....here is another one

A lot of us think about the past...but these guys were different...their "one hit" focused on the future

[video=youtube;WiuaaJVcxSk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiuaaJVcxSk&list=RDWiuaaJVcxSk#t=9[/video]

Number one in the summer of 1969, including the week of the Woodstock festival.
These guys are local heroes, the only act in history from Lincoln, Nebraska with a #1 record.

When you consider all the great bands...true legendary bands...that were on the charts in 1969...getting a number 1 song was no small feat...consider this...one of my favorite bands during that period..Creedence Clearwater Revival...NEVER had a #1 song in the US on Billboard's Top 100...they were close a lot of times...Proud Mary..Bad Moon Rising..Fortunate Son..Who'll Stop The Rain...they had so many good songs during that period...but didn't make it to the top...so you should be proud of that accomplishment by the local guys.

Always liked that song, couldn't remember who it was by, was it really that long ago?!

A lot of us think about the past...but these guys were different...their "one hit" focused on the future

[video=youtube;WiuaaJVcxSk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiuaaJVcxSk&list=RDWiuaaJVcxSk#t=9[/video]

Got my copy of Saturday Night Fever - Director's Cut......with Dolby True HD audio.

So, it's pretty grainy, which considering the era, I totally love it. Colors are saturated....closeups are wonderful. The soundtrack is killer, IMO. It's not immersive at all....very front centric......but it ROCKS!

Bee Gees sound like a rock and roll band in this release. Excellent.....very punchy and crisp. What a great purchase. I'm going to get Mrs Gos to watch this with me later....you never know. :yikes

Got my copy of Saturday Night Fever - Director's Cut......with Dolby True HD audio.

So, it's pretty grainy, which considering the era, I totally love it. Colors are saturated....closeups are wonderful. The soundtrack is killer, IMO. It's not immersive at all....very front centric......but it ROCKS!

Bee Gees sound like a rock and roll band in this release. Excellent.....very punchy and crisp. What a great purchase. I'm going to get Mrs Gos to watch this with me later....you never know. :yikes

Gene, one of my very favorite lines in this movie is when Travolta asks his boss: "Why can't you pay us on Friday instead of on Monday" and his boss replies....."If I pay you on Friday you'll be broke by Monday...think about the future" and Travolta, thoroughly agitated, replies "F*CK The Future" and the boss wisely replies: "No, the FUTURE F*CKS YOU!" :yikes

I'm awaiting a 4K restoration of this classic.

The Rolling Stones in the studio recording "Sympathy For The Devil" (I didn't know Keith played bass on this!)

[video=youtube_share;7uoj3Xf_MAo]https://youtu.be/7uoj3Xf_MAo[/video]

We live in a time of "self promotion"...I call these people the "selfie generation"..others use the term "Millennials"...and (Generation Y)....but you get the picture....so I'm net surfing and notice this "dude"...not familiar with his band...but he's ready and willing to let YOU be part of his life...for the right price...he will Skype with you...have dinner with you...write a song for you...co write a song WITH you...he's got coffee mugs...sweatshirts..trucker hats...a 4 hour studio visit AND LUNCH....and of course the coveted MEGA FAN PACKAGE...for $20,000 you can do it all with this DUDE...imagine a 1 hour personal concert for you and your friends(up to 30 people)for $10,000.....check this out

Well, in this era of less support from the labels you gotta do what you gotta do...... I can give you a free concert of my nose humming for half of that price, and you can accompany me to work, do my work for me, and lots of other cool stuff! :banana:

1413392685183_Image_galleryImage_BNPS_co_uk_01202_558833_P.JPG171109112648-03-donald-trump-xi-jinping-state-dinner-1109-exlarge-169.jpg

So are you saying, Ringo is Trump? Trumps wife almost barefoot like Paul, the Chinese wife pointing like George, so the Chinese President must be John.
BTW: great vid of the Doobie Brothers with a creative twist to an old tune.

You'll have to ask Tornado RED......he posted this great juxtaposition of a classic album.

Trump is TRUMP! Ringo has a lovely disposition!

Back