ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DELAYED: Steven Wilson, Bone, REM Auto for peep, Welcome To The Pleasure Dome Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Tears For Fears Rule The World, plus 3 or 4 others.
Starting to see a trend of delays that wasn't before.

DELAYED: Steven Wilson, Bone, REM Auto for peep, Welcome To The Pleasure Dome Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Tears For Fears Rule The World, plus 3 or 4 others.

You would think they would have some urgency to maximize Holiday gift sales. Maybe not? What's with the delay of To the Bone? I just received my TTB Blue ray from Bull Moose. Are you are waiting for the deluxe set?

? My copy of the Atmos Automatic for the People was shipped today by Amazon US -- destined to arrive Wednesday :banana:

edit: ! Amazon says it sold out and is now on back order. Ok. Still got mine ;)

Last edited:
You would think they would have some urgency to maximize Holiday gift sales. Maybe not? What's with the delay of To the Bone? I just received my TTB Blue ray from Bull Moose. Are you are waiting for the deluxe set?
Yes, Luv, you would think. I did get today that the Black Sabbath box set will be coming early. I also received today Elton Johns Diamonds, What do you think Fredblue, resident Elton expert. I also received the new Walter Trout with many guest artits and a Lou Rawls called Black And Blue/Tobacco Road. I have never been a Lou Rawls fan but I heard the other day A Dead End Street and it blew me away.

Some songs just "get to you"...they cut through your protective layers and expose your raw emotions...this song has always done that..I remember the first time I heard this song...it stopped me in my tracks...it grabbed me and I felt this surge of emotion...it sounded authentic in a world filled with artificial gestures...it wasn't just a song to me...it was like I knew the person singing this song and I wanted to help her...it brought me both pain and comfort...I thought about people that suffered with depression...just struggling to make it through the day...and generally people trying to escape their situations....real or imagined...what a powerful song..

[video=youtube;AIOAlaACuv4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIOAlaACuv4[/video]

Something fun and interesting. This band from Melbourne has a goal of releasing 5 albums this year. The 4th one - just released - is FREE!
http://kinggizzard.bandcamp.com/album/polygondwanaland
So many influences going on. I think a lot of folks on this forum will like it. Surround mixes? Not yet.

wow! How cool you mention them. I have 2 of their vinyls....very interesting stuff for sure. I like it. :)

wow! How cool you mention them. I have 2 of their vinyls....very interesting stuff for sure. I like it. :)
They released this album completely for free. They've even released the vinyl masters if you feel like pressing records! Cool band! Also really interesting that some of their stuff is microtonal.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

They released this album completely for free. They've even released the vinyl masters if you feel like pressing records! Cool band! Also really interesting that some of their stuff is microtonal.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I had never heard of them - my boy actually bought the vinyl for me.... Seems they are colored vinyl, I'll have to dig them out. I don't even remember which 2 I have.

QQers - Would you be interested in this album mixed in 5.1? https://shenandoahdavis.bandcamp.com/
I can't get enough of this record and would like to gauge interest (as I'm trying to convince my friend). I recognize that my tastes aren't the same as many, but I feel like this album has elements that many would appreciate. Thoughts?

Spinning Keane vinyl - Hopes And Fears. An absolute phenomenal album, every single song is top notch writing. Last song on side A, is She Has No Time and one of my favorites. It's a gut wrenching song, filled with emotion and heart break. Beautiful...

Hopes and Fears.jpg

Since complaining seems to be the norm here :violin thought I'd do some "plaining" of my own. While I Love importCD's pricing, I absolutely HATE their order history. Just list the names of the titles dammit. LIke Bullmoose does.

ImportCD.JPG

Bullmoose.JPG

Since complaining seems to be the norm here :violin thought I'd do some "plaining" of my own. While I Love importCD's pricing, I absolutely HATE their order history. Just list the names of the titles dammit. LIke Bullmoose does.

I wish Dutton Vocalian would list items as "shipped" if we're being bad boys for Xmas :)

Back