ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one came in the mail today...I purchased it for the song list and hoping for good sound quality...not surround..but with those songs... it's worth a shot..

006.jpg

007.jpg

I got my Music Direct catalog today and I love looking at all the machines, they all look so good, don't know if any are but they sure do look good.

How's this for a new Genesis lineup?!

4 members of Genesis (Mike, Peter, Tony & Steve) along with Nick Mason (Pink Floyd's drummer) got together to celebrate the launch of Richard Macphail's new book "My Book of Genesis". (MacPhail used to be tour manager for Genesis in their early years.)
24059476_1153119308156068_4620786011424373109_o.jpg

24132029_1153116604823005_1220700739161962068_o.jpg

I got my Music Direct catalog today and I love looking at all the machines, they all look so good, don't know if any are but they sure do look good.

Yep...some nice looking audio equipment...I bet you liked the back inside cover...the McIntosh 7200 stereo receiver...for me it wasn't really about THAT model of Mac...but just the appearance...those blue lights remind me of the earlier Marantz gear..back in the day...one of my friends had one and when you were properly motivated(stoned)in a dimly lit room....man you could travel the globe without ever leaving that room:smokin...that McIntosh gear is built like a tank...so impressive looking(y)

Formed in the late 60's in San Francisco...this band never reached the heights of other bands in the "summer of love" movement..like Jefferson Airplane or The Greateful Dead.....but I have always loved their signature song

[video=youtube;ylMaRaYc6mM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylMaRaYc6mM[/video]

I was thinking about 'old' bands that I'd seen but didn't have any albums by, and Hot Tuna came to mind, I saw them at the Knebworth Festival in 1976 (along with the Rolling Stones, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Todd Rungren's Utopia, 10cc, & the Dan Harrison Band), I remember enjoying Hot Tuna playing but little else about their set!

Goanna - Fairly unknown band from AU. This was a big hit and first pop song to feature the didgeridoo:
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qjzCDNOBicw[/video]

It's funny how things become "trendy"...what was once obsolete is now chic....vinyl was all but dead...now it's cool again(some would argue that is has always been cool)...and now tape seems to be on the rise again..acoustic sounds thinks it is ...they are selling ultra tapes...at $450 each...and selling tape machines starting at $10,000....so I'm on Ebay looking for a title and I notice a TAPE auction of one of my favorite bands...the auction started at $50 HERE....so maybe that upcoming box set with surround by Fleetwood Mac at roughly $54 is a pretty good deal(y)

I was thinking about 'old' bands that I'd seen but didn't have any albums by, and Hot Tuna came to mind, I saw them at the Knebworth Festival in 1976 (along with the Rolling Stones, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Todd Rungren's Utopia, 10cc, & the Dan Harrison Band), I remember enjoying Hot Tuna playing but little else about their set!

I’ll be seeing them for the first time here in Nashville in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do post a Gig Review, I'll be interested to find out what they're like 41 years on from when I heard them as an 18 year old most probably not quite on the planet at the time!

I’ll be seeing them for the first time here in Nashville in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoyed this from Jacob Banks on Seth Myers last night. He has a sort of a Seal quality about him (or maybe it's the music that makes me think that). Anyway, good stuff I thought....

[video=youtube;VMvdl8wBAog]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMvdl8wBAog[/video]

A release I'm looking forward to buying is a Todd Rundgren album...not surround...but a significant album..it was the turning point..in several ways...in his career...the double album was a success...his best commercial effort and signaled a big change in his personal life...prior to this period he didn't drink or do drugs...but according to him...his introduction to cannabis opened up his creative process...whereas my creative process with cannabis just involved numerous phone calls to the local pizza delivery outlet:cool:....I'm not familiar with this double album so I'm going to do some you tube listening and get familiar with it..here is the upcoming title scheduled for a January 12th arrival...another of his albums is also being released on the same day HERE

[video=youtube;KExkNpuvhZ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KExkNpuvhZ4[/video]

A release I'm looking forward to buying is a Todd Rundgren album...not surround...but a significant album..it was the turning point..in several ways...in his career...the double album was a success...his best commercial effort and signaled a big change in his personal life...prior to this period he didn't drink or do drugs...but according to him...his introduction to cannabis opened up his creative process...whereas my creative process with cannabis just involved numerous phone calls to the local pizza delivery outlet:cool:....I'm not familiar with this double album so I'm going to do some you tube listening and get familiar with it..here is the upcoming title scheduled for a January 12th arrival...another of his albums is also being released on the same day HERE

[video=youtube;KExkNpuvhZ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KExkNpuvhZ4[/video]

I just ordered both upcoming Todd Rundgren SACD albums from ImportCD [release date: 1/12/18] and with their Take 10 10% discount the prices are $23 for Something/Anything [2 disc set]* and $19 for A Wizard A True Star.

*The SACD contains the original double LP album on one disc and the RBCD carries over the remainder of the album onto a second disc

I just ordered both upcoming Todd Rundgren SACD albums from ImportCD [release date: 1/12/18] and with their Take 10 10% discount the prices are $23 for Something/Anything [2 disc set]* and $19 for A Wizard A True Star.

*The SACD contains the original double LP album on one disc and the RBCD carries over the remainder of the album onto a second disc

I ordered both of them too...plenty of time to listen and evaluate...

Back