ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I am HAPPY for you, expanding your horizons is ALWAYS GOOD!!!

BTW, I WAS a SACD,,,hmmm, not a true fan,,and in a way, the noise up there above 25 K is really a HUGE handicap, but I DO like SACDs..as long as they are HI REZ!!! (cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger, Pepsi, Pepsi, Pepsi, Pepsi, Pepsi, Pepsi...btw I LOVE cheeseburers)..
I enjoy Stereo, Mono or whatever..as long as it sounds GOOD!!!
Peace!!!
No Pepsi. Coke.

Sneak preview of alternate take of Brown Sugar by the Stones with Eric Clapton. From expanded Sticky Fingers, which drops on 6/8: http://bravewords.com/news/the-roll...xe-release-with-extensive-rare-bonus-material

551B25DD-the-rolling-stones-sticky-fingers-to-receive-deluxe-release-with-extensive-rare-bonus-m.jpg

[video=youtube;v4O80NpnpHw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4O80NpnpHw[/video]

MASSIVE grateful dead box set coming...how about 80 CD'S...for the bargain price of $699.98!...and free shipping IF ordered during the pre-order stages...read more about it here

Its £800 over on this side of the pond, so nigh on $1200! I'd probably not even buy a King Crimson box set at that price.............. but then ..................if it was all in 5.1 :confused:

MASSIVE grateful dead box set coming...how about 80 CD'S...for the bargain price of $699.98!...and free shipping IF ordered during the pre-order stages...read more about it here

WHAAAAT..?!?? Even the USB version is $699.98..!!! :yikes that is utterly ridiculous.. I'm glad I'm not a mega fan (dead head or whatever they're called!) and thank the Lord there's no surround included..!!!!!

WHAAAAT..?!?? Even the USB version is $699.98..!!! :yikes that is utterly ridiculous.. I'm glad I'm not a mega fan (dead head or whatever they're called!) and thank the Lord there's no surround included..!!!!!

To quote the Eagles "A Dead Head sticker on a Cadillac" I suspect it'd have to be on a Rolls-Royce to afford that boxset!

To quote the Eagles "A Dead Head sticker on a Cadillac" I suspect it'd have to be on a Rolls-Royce to afford that boxset!

"Order now before they sell out".. or words to that effect on their site.. Give me a break!! These kinds of crazy huge sets get released and yet it's seemingly an uphill battle getting individual surround music titles out..

We have several notable birthdays to celebrate....guitar guru Steve Vai is 55 today...Gary "U.S." Bonds is 76...Peter Albin of Big Brother & The Holding Company is 71..and Larry "the mole" Taylor of Canned Heat is 73...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and thank you for your contributions

For those music lovers that have the PALLADIA CHANNEL...2 excellent concerts coming up this weekend...on Friday at 8pm EASTERN STANDARD TIME...James Taylor and Carole King: Live At The Troubadour...Sunday at 7pm EASTERN STANDARD TIME..Tina Turner: Live In Holland...

Is CHIC Corea a collaboration between Armando Anthony "Chick" Corea and CHIC leader Nile Rodgers? Who knew?!?

Literal Linda
WOW! Chic Corea is 74?? Didn't know he was that old....

A couple of notable birthdays to celebrate today....jazz man Chic Corea is 74 and John Wetton(King Crimson, Asia) is 66

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and thank you for your contributions!

Speaking of Nile Rodgers...........Snood's fave Nile Song, anyone remember this?

[video=youtube;MHgYWBbDCos]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHgYWBbDCos[/video]

:banana:

Snood actually saw Chic in concert back in the 70's :yikes..........ehhh they kinda sucked, but Nile was good

Rory Gallagher was brilliant live, wished I'd been able to see Taste. I've just seen on Super Deluxe Edition this hopefully these releases will be re-mastered properly (the quality of the sound on the CD I have of "Taste" is awful).

"At the end of August, Universal Music will issue I’ll Remember, an archival box set featuring the music of Taste, the Irish rock/blues band formed in the mid sixties that featured Rory Gallagher on guitar and vocals.

The four disc set will feature both studio albums (1969′s Taste and the 1970 follow-up On The Boards) expanded with many alternate versions of album tracks. The third CD is full of live audio from 1970 culled from concerts in Stockholm and London while the final disc adds demos, rare single cuts and more live material.

I’ll Remember is due for release on 28 August 2015
."

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/taste-ill-remember-4cd-box/#more-113214

Back