ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunno, but at that price I'm glad I found the DVD-A for right around retail price. I love me some STP, but wouldn't drop that much coin.
I'd like to see them give the deluxe or surround treatment to other albums. Purple. Tiny Music. No. 4. AWESOME!

No mention of the DVD-A mix in the blurb from STP's Facebook ad today:

including the 1993 MTV Unplugged set, official music videos, and the Live At Castaic Lake Natural Amphitheater show.

Sounds like the DVD of STP's CORE will be in DTS/DD 5.1 as opposed to MLP DVD~A 5.1.
Thankfully, I have the MLP DVD~A so no need to double dip.

My thoughts exactly. The DVD-A re-listened today with fresh ears and the inconsistence of Nick DiDia's mix almost makes me wish for an Adam Kasper treatment. Almost...:mad:@:

My thoughts exactly. The DVD-A re-listened today with fresh ears and the inconsistence of Nick DiDia's mix almost makes me wish for an Adam Kasper treatment. Almost...:mad:@:

Very doubtful that CORE will be remixed for the upcoming DVD~V 5.1 boxset. My DVD~A of CORE was probably $12~15 when I purchased it. Played it recently and although it's hardly perfection, I do like the album.

This one is in stock now...I've waited over 2 years for them to release this...it's not surround BUT the song list is incredible...BTW...although it says no further discount...I was able to get one when it was in pre order status.. $35.99 plus $4.63(media mail)shipping...
https://www.musicdirect.com/optical-disc/billy-joel-billy-joels-greatest-hits-vol-1-and-2-numbered-limited-edition-hybrid-2-x-sacd

See you guys later...hope everyone is doing well:)

Hey man - I'm on that one too. Except I had mine in the cart from importCD's and they had offered me a $5 coupon (just because)
I wanted to use Paypal Credit for the purchase and it even gave me the option. When I hit "checkout", I got some weird popup that said they couldn't process the purchase using credit.
UGH - not sure why.....

I will still get this, I was hoping to pay over time. But, at a handful of copies, I will not be denied. I will purchase when I get home.
:)

Someone just voted on Dylan's Blood On The Tracks multi-channel SACD. Heck, I guess I even forgot about this title and also never owning it....
So, found a sealed copy for $29 shipped and I'll add that to my collection. :)

Oh, hell yeah. Just received my new pressing of Keane - Hopes And Fears

Outstanding, with lots of pictures within the gatefold.

:)

IMG_6839.jpg

Just listening to a little George Harrison - All Things Must Pass (96/24 hi-rez stereo)
What a great album, rich with so many good songs. Always loved George, what a cool dude. Hard to really believe he's been gone since 2001. Geez - he was only 58! Damn cigarettes killed him. What a shame.

Just thought it would be fun to look at some examples of a Doors song(I love the Doors)and the different styles employed by other singers trying to do this song....there are some big names covering this song...and I might add some epic failures:ugham: Shirley Bassey did my favorite Bond song(Goldfinger)with such passion...but here she is completely out of her element...of course Jose Feliciano used this song to launch his career...and did an awesome job...CHECK THESE OUT

I had very small hope a 5.1 would show up on "News Of The World 40th" by Queen but that was dashed with today's information.
It's another pricey set so will be a pass from me for now and will keep my eyes on it for future drop in price as would like to hear some of the alternative stuff.
Here's info. on the set:

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/n...40th-anniversary-5-disc-super-deluxe-edition/

There is absolutely nothing there that interests me....I would even buy all that stuff if they just had a surround disc included..

I had very small hope a 5.1 would show up on "News Of The World 40th" by Queen but that was dashed with today's information.
It's another pricey set so will be a pass from me for now and will keep my eyes on it for future drop in price as would like to hear some of the alternative stuff.
Here's info. on the set:

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/n...40th-anniversary-5-disc-super-deluxe-edition/

Oh man! Too bad. That is easily one my all time favorite albums. Well, it was the third vinyl I ever owned, so it certainly has a place in my heart. There are other reasons why this title is special to me....not sure I want to drudge up my "shady" past....let's just say I had a lot of fun experimenting while listening to this thing....

I honestly don't really have any version of this that I think sounds very good. I think I have either a gold CD or a SHM SACD.....can't remember what it is. To my ears, even that sounds very "shrill" and without much bass. What? Queen without bass? What's the point?

I no longer have the vinyl, so makes me wonder if owning a copy would be best sound? NO way in hell I would pay $90 for a box set...just to get the vinyl...maybe they will release a smaller set with just vinyl??

Oh man! Too bad. That is easily one my all time favorite albums. Well, it was the third vinyl I ever owned, so it certainly has a place in my heart. There are other reasons why this title is special to me....not sure I want to drudge up my "shady" past....let's just say I had a lot of fun experimenting while listening to this thing....

I honestly don't really have any version of this that I think sounds very good. I think I have either a gold CD or a SHM SACD.....can't remember what it is. To my ears, even that sounds very "shrill" and without much bass. What? Queen without bass? What's the point?

I no longer have the vinyl, so makes me wonder if owning a copy would be best sound? NO way in hell I would pay $90 for a box set...just to get the vinyl...maybe they will release a smaller set with just vinyl??

I just checked Foobar, and what I have is SACD.

Maybe I need to revisit my SACD. I've had this one for years, and when I bought it....I was a bigtime multi-channel snob. Stereo just wasn't good enough. Maybe this version on SACD I have isn't too bad.

Maybe I need to revisit my SACD. I've had this one for years, and when I bought it....I was a bigtime multi-channel snob. Stereo just wasn't good enough. Maybe this version on SACD I have isn't too bad.

Yep... you were a bigtime surround snob:couch...but I remember hearing this disc and I didn't like it...and IIRC it was a SHM-SACD..

Back