ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WARNING! New Pink Floyd reissue on vinyl for Delicate Sound of Thunder may have a pressing issue on LP1, side 2. I got mine from Amazon.de today and this side is unlistenable. Sorrow has got the higher frequencies all messed up, with a metallic pitch that hurts your ears, arrrrg
I found one more person reporting the same problem on SH forum, so buyers beware!
I tried to ship it back and got an immediate refund, I even did not have the option to return it!
Rest of the sides sound quite dull compared to the CD, biggest disappointment with the PF new vinyl so far

Since complaining seems to be the norm here :violin thought I'd do some "plaining" of my own. While I Love importCD's pricing, I absolutely HATE their order history. Just list the names of the titles dammit. LIke Bullmoose does.

View attachment 31287

View attachment 31288

Man..I'm sorry to hear about your injury...nobody told me you broke all your fingers and couldn't click on the tab entitled VIEW...which gives you the title and item number and how much you paid for it:rolleyes:

As its an evening for whinging :ugham:, at least ImportCDs deliver your orders, SpinCDs display the same order menu structure and it took them 7 months not to deliver the Chicago Quadio, then I cancelled that order added some more money to get the Led Zep BBC box set which they said they "had in stock" and it took another 8 months and more angry emails to get that!! It finally got sent when my email to them was just "?!!" two weeks after they had said it was being posted. Won't buy from them ever again.

Since complaining seems to be the norm here :violin thought I'd do some "plaining" of my own. While I Love importCD's pricing, I absolutely HATE their order history. Just list the names of the titles dammit. LIke Bullmoose does.

View attachment 31287

View attachment 31288

My ONLY gripe with both DeepDiscount and ImportCD is their, IMO, horrible search engines. Amazon has one of the very best. Even if you misspell a word or two, Amazon manages to get you to the product. And with Amazon you can also type in DVD~A, DTS, BD~A and/or SACD and it will display all the products you're searching for.

But as far as pricing and frequent discounts via coupon promos, DD and Import are hard to beat. And their delivery times have definitely improved. :banana:

Addenda: I usually make a hard copy of my orders so as not to get confused what I did or did not order.

Man..I'm sorry to hear about your injury...nobody told me you broke all your fingers and couldn't click on the tab entitled VIEW...which gives you the title and item number and how much you paid for it:rolleyes:

Seems with ALL GOS [Gene] has ordered in the past few months his fingers are 'comfortably numb!':yikes

Got a new Music Direct catalog in the mail today. I held my breath for a moment as Simon and Garfunkel were on the cover! But....
Inside, in the new for 2018 page, was Bridge Over Troubled Water.....only it's vinyl.

That said, it's Ultradisc One-Step pressing. Original Master Recording on 2 high quality, 45rpm vinyl. Limited to 7,500 numbered copies.

$99 - damn that's a lot of money, but I might have to buy it. :yikes

I'm gonna have to get nakedly close with GOS to visit for a day and riffle through his collection to have him play it for me on the spot.

Chances are it will never happen, and even if it did, it would only be for a day -- so consider that a fan's courtesy visit :party :D :banana:

(That S&G cover is very interesting . . . I'm holding on to my Amazon order of the quad just in case!)

Listening to some Stephen Bishop on vinyl. :)

IMG_6941.JPG

Got a new Music Direct catalog in the mail today. I held my breath for a moment as Simon and Garfunkel were on the cover! But....
Inside, in the new for 2018 page, was Bridge Over Troubled Water.....only it's vinyl.

That said, it's Ultradisc One-Step pressing. Original Master Recording on 2 high quality, 45rpm vinyl. Limited to 7,500 numbered copies.

AHA...maybe that's why the SONY Japan QUAD SACD was canceled. Music Direct bitched, moaned and complained that it was infringing on their 45 rpm Vinyl debut......:(

BTW, Gene, here's a cheaper alternative....pressed on audiophile vinyl from the original analogue masters and for $28: https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/simon-and-garfunkel-bridge-over-troubled-water-vinyl-lp

Do you really want to get up and change the record after 2 songs cause that's what you'll be doing when the record is spinning at 45 rpm?

AHA...maybe that's why the SONY Japan QUAD SACD was canceled. Music Direct bitched, moaned and complained that it was infringing on their 45 rpm Vinyl debut......:(

BTW, Gene, here's a cheaper alternative....pressed on audiophile vinyl from the original analogue masters and for $28: https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/simon-and-garfunkel-bridge-over-troubled-water-vinyl-lp

Do you really want to get up and change the record after 2 songs cause that's what you'll be doing when the record is spinning at 45 rpm?

LOL! But, I rip all my quality vinyl......I mean, only the best. I have a Billy Joel 45rpm that simply sounds stunning. I ripped it and listen, uninterrupted via Foobar. :)

LOL! But, I rip all my quality vinyl......I mean, only the best. I have a Billy Joel 45rpm that simply sounds stunning. I ripped it and listen, uninterrupted via Foobar. :)

Gene, which Billy Joel title are you referring to? I bought two of MoFi's Billy Joel SACDs and was unimpressed so I didn't bother with any more, either on SACD or vinyl.

Fine and dandy but doesn't that sort of 'negate' the ALL analogue experience?

Snobby analogue PURISTS would revolt at the mere thought of transferring their precious vinyl to ANY digital medium
......:yikes

Fine and dandy but doesn't that sort of 'negate' the ALL analogue experience?

Snobby analogue PURISTS would revolt transferring their precious vinyl to ANY digital medium......:yikes

Apparently I'm not a snobby purist. :)
In this case, when the vinyl sounds the very best, I rip it and it still sounds the very best.

As expensive as that seems, it seems the value is increasing on the three released - - - at least on discogs. The process is pretty interesting too.

Apparently I'm not a snobby purist. :)
In this case, when the vinyl sounds the very best, I rip it and it still sounds the very best.

I WANT, I WANT both Bookends and Bridge on DSD/QUAD single layered SACD as I'm a Digital SNOB purist! No ticks, No Pops, No swishes just pure digits in unadulterated form.:banana:

Went to take my son out to eat today (Sushi) and after that went to local hippie vinyl place and bought:
Buffalo Springfield - Retrospective - The Best of Buffalo Springfield (mint/used for $7)
The Raspberries - Raspberries Best Featuring Eric Carmen (Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab pressing) Brand new, $32

:)

Back