ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want to mention an important feature that was just added to Music Direct...I have been making more purchases at Music Direct recently...when importcds..or Bullmoose..or Deep Discount don't have what I need...they have replaced Acoustic Sounds in my preferred list of outlets...their shipping is reasonable and free with only a $49 requirement...well they have added Pay Pal Express now..for those that have Pay Pal Credit...this is good news(yes Gos 3.0 I'm looking at you)..I use Pay Pal Credit on Ebay a lot...if you spend $99 or more..you can get 6 months to pay...which comes in handy when something with a great price appears and you need to act fast or lose it...and those new releases that seem to be very close together..

So if you have Pay Pal Credit...when you check out now at Music Direct..you will be given the choice of paying with a credit card..or with Pay Pal Express...so when you choose Pay Pal Express it takes you to the Pay Pal website and it gives you a choice of paying with Paypal Credit..or using your Pay Pal Balance(if you have one)..or taking the money out of your bank account...you don't have to fill out any credit card info at Music Direct...it's as simple as chosing an option and clicking on it..and you are done....don't forget that an order of $99 or more can get you 6 months of free financing...

Good deal, Clint.

I've been dealing with the folks at Music Direct for years and via phone conversations with their very knowledgeable sales reps, they have ALWAYS guided me in the right direction. Since there are ostensibly NO local high end dealers left in my area, I have depended on them for advice on cables, disc treatments, etc. and they have never rushed me and sometimes you DO get better deals on software when talking to them IN PERSON. As a result, my system has never sounded better and ALL their advice has been A+!

I'm currently spinning the OOP AF 24k GOLD RBCD [HDCD encoded] of Stevie Wonder's Music of my Mind which I JUST received from Music Direct during their recent 20% off sale [$14.99 delivered].

So, by chance I was bombing around youtube and found Cheap Trick's acceptance speech for R&R Hall of Fame and they made me so proud. Other than their stellar music, they do NOT fit the mold of rock stars. They are from Rockford, Illinois which is just a small sort of rural town north of me a couple hours. It's surrounded by agriculture...not suburbs...nor Chicago.

Their speeches were so down to earth and without posing or anger or lack of thanks. They spent a lot of time thanking their moms and dads, brothers and sisters and it was so damn refreshing to hear this. They then rocked a couple tunes and sounded great and didn't seem intimidated by the Hollywood audience.

To me, they are so genuine and I'm proud of them.

I've been a fan ever since a schoolmate lent me "Heaven Tonight" back when it came out... I was in 7th grade!!!!

I remember getting the Budokan USA pressing with an OBI when it came out...

Seen them at least three times...but never with Tom(!!!)

and ooohhh..their Sgt. Pepper's is such a CLAAAASSSIIC!!!

always a class act,,,and Robin still has most of his voice...

Have been watching this show about the Rolling Stone Magazine:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7604980/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4

A lot of great music live clips. Interesting stories etc.

And some quotes and stories from Hunter S. Thompson - he is too funny. I am like - wait, what - what did he say??!

Oddly enough I saw Hunter S Thompson live at San Diego State in 1985. That was crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Received a couple of old Chicago cds today. Keep on buying back many of the old cds I sold or gave away, because I had purchased the "fantastic" remasters! :mad:@:

Here's Chicago 17, the 2006 remaster is recorded more than 7 dB louder and have a DR of 7 - the old one DR13!!

thAByLP.jpg

With both albums "ReplayGained" I can switch between them both and compare - the old one sounds so much better!

Received a couple of old Chicago cds today. Keep on buying back many of the old cds I sold or gave away, because I had purchased the "fantastic" remasters! :mad:@:

Here's Chicago 17, the 2006 remaster is recorded more than 7 dB louder and have a DR of 7 - the old one DR13!!

thAByLP.jpg

With both albums "ReplayGained" I can switch between them both and compare - the old one sounds so much better!

Ouch...that brings back bad memories...I too gave away a lot of OLD CDs...thinking I didn't need them anymore:mad:..and I have been buying some of the old cds back when I can..

Just bought 2 tickets for Axpona 2018 in Chicago.....me and my buddy will go on Saturday. Woo hoo!!! See Clint....I'm going.:banana::banana::banana::banana:

I was just about to mention that to you again...awesome...you are the master of the cell phone camera...you can post some shots on the forum..AND you can meet Brian(y)

I recently started to devote about 30 minutes a day to listening to music on youtube....mostly Oldies...I wish I could sing like Al Green...Lets Stay Together is one of my favorite all time songs...but you can fire off 9 or 10 songs in a hurry...

Back