ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Random thought, I wonder if there will every be a chance that Mike & The Mechanics would be released in surround? I think it would sound pretty good. Yeah, pretty poppish, but good music nonetheless.

Random thought, I wonder if there will every be a chance that Mike & The Mechanics would be released in surround? I think it would sound pretty good. Yeah, pretty poppish, but good music nonetheless.

I would love it, but what would be even better (and probably have a better chance of happening) would be a reissue with surround sound of Mike Rutherford's first solo album "Smallcreep's Day" (via a label like Esoteric)
I've tried to put whispers in Mike's ear through various people to have Nick Davis have a go at it.
Maybe one day!

:)

I would love it, but what would be even better (and probably have a better chance of happening) would be a reissue with surround sound of Mike Rutherford's first solo album "Smallcreep's Day" (via a label like Esoteric)
I've tried to put whispers in Mike's ear through various people to have Nick Davis have a go at it.
Maybe one day!

:)

TOTALLY AGREE...I REALLY LIKE "SMALLCREEP'S DAY"...my fave from Mike

You should be ashamed of me... I'm in Tokyo Tower Records a day did not buy anything!!!
I've got all Jeff Beck's SACDs on my haaaaands

Actually getting excited about the new Styx release; no Dennis DeYoung, no surround, and way past their prime, and yet... I'm intrigued...

Description of the album from Amazon:

The Mission is a thrilling return to Styx's progressive roots, complete with a courageous & visionary concept. A captivating adventure unfolds across 14 tracks, 249 million miles from home! With a sound as big as a galaxy & two years in the making, it embodies a throw-back progressive-rock feel. Recorded at Blackbird Studios in Nashville, The Mission comes complete in a true hi-fidelity analog recording & mixed with a larger than life sound. For the first time in 14 years, an all-new studio album is set to launch on June 16, 2017. The Mission is a go!

The new single (with a scorching James Young solo):
[video=youtube_share;i1gVIBKZ6cg]https://youtu.be/i1gVIBKZ6cg[/video]

Just curious, how many surround sound titles did they have on display.
I was with my wife and couldn't check throughly. Four Beck's and Santana's Lotus were there. Around 48€ each, I exceeded all reasonable budget with the trip so couldn't buy any.
Amazing city Tokyo!

Actually getting excited about the new Styx release; no Dennis DeYoung, no surround, and way past their prime, and yet... I'm intrigued...

Description of the album from Amazon:

The new single (with a scorching James Young solo):
[video=youtube_share;i1gVIBKZ6cg]https://youtu.be/i1gVIBKZ6cg[/video]

Thanks for posting this, now I am curious about this one as well.

Back in the early 80's I saw Styx in Aurora Illinois. Was billed as some sort of special event but I don't remember what. Great show complete with a pyrotechnics display at the end. I think they were recording the concert that night but not sure.

Purchased a brand new pressing of Donovan - Barabajagal album. Got it about week ago. It sounds stellar. And, what a great album. If you love vinyl and you don't have this one...pick it up. You won't be sorry. :)
donovan.jpg

Back