ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha - nice. Bowie doing a collage with Cher back in the day. Pretty cool really, you can tell they are just not taking it all too seriously. Why do I think all entertainers did grams and grams of Coke back then...just sayin'

[video=youtube;KPlN8RBP-Ws]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPlN8RBP-Ws[/video]

Well my good friends - tomorrow I depart for Santiago, Chile. Work you know. About half a month I guess. So, it begs the question...what will I listen to when I'm there? Not a big fan of Chilean type music, so I guess I'll frequent youtube, and this forum of course to get my fill. :)

But - for sure, the culture of Chile and their music is WAY, non commercial. Interesting to say the least. Especially, away from the city, the sounds of the music are just very different. I'll post a few live videos of the sounds and visions. (y)

Well my good friends - tomorrow I depart for Santiago, Chile. Work you know. About half a month I guess. So, it begs the question...what will I listen to when I'm there? Not a big fan of Chilean type music, so I guess I'll frequent youtube, and this forum of course to get my fill. :)

But - for sure, the culture of Chile and their music is WAY, non commercial. Interesting to say the least. Especially, away from the city, the sounds of the music are just very different. I'll post a few live videos of the sounds and visions. (y)

Ahhhhhhhh GOS we gonna miss you buddy - stay safe and get home sooooooooooooooon. 5.1 banana will miss ya :51banana:

Have a safe and fun trip Gene!

If you enjoy red wine, Carmenere is their best. Their best spirit is called Pisco. It's a Muscat scented Tequila like drink that's best served straight (even though nobody there drinks it straight). Drink it like a whisky, a wee sip at a time. The best brand of Pisco is Tres Erres. :)

Drink it like a whisky, a wee sip at a time.
Ah, so that's my problem, I've been doing it wrong all this time. :beer2

Hope you have a safe trip Gene and get a chance to take in the local culture and sites. Hope it's not all just work for you the whole time you're there bud. Have fun! :)

Safe travels mi amigo!

:cool:

This has probably been mentioned on here somewhere, but if you haven't seen the Yes - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction by Geddy Lee & Alex Lifeson, the acceptance speeches from the inductees (particularly Rick Wakeman:D), or Yes performing with Jon Anderson, with Geddy Lee on bass and/or Steve Howe on bass! :yikes If you haven't seen it yet, check it out on youtube.

This has probably been mentioned on here somewhere, but if you haven't seen the Yes - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction by Geddy Lee & Alex Lifeson, the acceptance speeches from the inductees (particularly Rick Wakeman:D), or Yes performing with Jon Anderson, with Geddy Lee on bass and/or Steve Howe on bass! :yikes If you haven't seen it yet, check it out on youtube.

Yeah... Wakeman's speech was freakin' hilarious (man, is he HUGE or WHAT????)...

The biggest surprise of the set was not Geddy playing...it was Howe playing the RICKENBACKER bass on "Owner of a Lonely heart"!!!! WTF???? He has tempo problems-he's a "dragger"- but overall it was not that bad!

Kiss FM Spain, introducing today the overplayed Another brick in the wall part 2: "And now we're going to play a song by Pink Floyd's Roger Waters (who is soon releasing a new album) and guitarist Richard Gere". I'm still laughing... it's good that the girl was aware of Roger's new album but mistaking Gilmour with Richard Gere is genius!

Kiss FM Spain, introducing today the overplayed Another brick in the wall part 2: "And now we're going to play a song by Pink Floyd's Roger Waters (who is soon releasing a new album) and guitarist Richard Gere". I'm still laughing... it's good that the girl was aware of Roger's new album but mistaking Gilmour with Richard Gere is genius!

Well Roger could perhaps be mistaken for Richard physically, but David? :mad:@:

I'm back! :) Nothing better than hearing everyone speaking English! :mad:@:

Catching up a bit. Opened up my Barclay James Harvest XII disc and ripping it now. Ahhhhh! I love surround music.....and my house...and my cats....and my awesome stereo system......oh and I Love my back yard....my wife is pretty cool too. :D

And finally, my buds at QQ... :)

Catching up a bit. Opened up my Barclay James Harvest XII disc and ripping it now. Ahhhhh! I love surround music.....and my house...and my cats....and my awesome stereo system......oh and I Love my back yard....my wife is pretty cool too. :D

Gene, welcome back! Maybe you should've played Springsteen's BORN IN THE USA! And don't forget to scratch your cat's bellies and give them a special treat:kitty:

As Dorothy exclaimed in the Wizard of Oz: There's NO place like HOME!:banana:

I'm presently listening to YESSONGS [2017 Warner/Atlantic Japan Stereo SACDs] and Yes, it sounds great! Comes in that way coo 7" packaging [like the SONY Japan Jeff Becks].:cool:

Welcome back Senor GOS :banana:

I do not want to create a new thread as information is very scarce, but Fish mentioned on Facebook that a deluxe edition of Misplaced Childhood is on the works. I doubt it will contain any surround, but one never knows...

I have a crazy idea for messin' with Record Store Day maniacs: start reissuing old Quad LPs... :D

I told ya it was crazy.

Back