ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice...I've been thinking about buying some Dylan SACD's. I already have Blonde on Blonde....might like to get some more.

I have Blonde On Blonde and THE FREEWHEELIN'...BLOOD ON THE TRACKS..BRINGING IT ALL BACK HOME... SLOW TRAIN RUNNING and recently I got the Hoffman mastered gold CD and now I prefer it due to the content...the DR is only 10 for the album but it doesn't sound compressed...it's better than the CD version of the greatest hits...HERE

We have some notable birthdays today....
Bob Dylan 74
Patti LaBelle 71
Steve Upton 69 Wishbone Ash
Albert Bouchard 68 Blue Oyster Cult
Derek Quinn 73 Freddie And The Dreamers

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and thanks for touching our lives with your music..

Seeing the note about Derek Quinn's birthday has made The Freddie & The Dreamers song "You Were Made For Me" from 1963-4(?) get stuck on endless loop in my head!

Birthday wishes to Scorpions lead singer Klaus Meine who is 67 today!..I love his voice!

Outstanding band, outstanding singer...outstanding songwriter. Here is a picture of the Scorps around 1971.

1419676567_wibmj6iba5o.jpg

Then, 1975 from IN Trance era....of course Klaus is 2nd from left...

e3e17511bf8d68030b5d6b14442.jpg

Then another in the late 70's era...or maybe 1980...a classic Scorpions jam....

scorpions-84-011a.jpg

And now, more recent photo shows them looking much different....but still amazing.

Scorpions.jpg

image.jpg

What a coincidence!

I just picked this AF SACD on Saturday and have been rockin' to it all weekend.

So, smoking a Pork Butt today. Taking me about 5 hours.....decided to come inside and listen to some Beach Boys via SACD. Man, I really do love the way this sounds....so amazing that something from that era could be made to sound so good. Current disc is SURFER GIRL....and it simply sounds stellar. Especially in PL II. Whoa.....and soon will be "In My Room" which is such a killer song.

EDIT - what is more astounding....is that this is 1963. This song is just over the top good. If this were 2015, I'd still be blown away. How much better can it get?

So, smoking a Pork Butt today. Taking me about 5 hours.....decided to come inside and listen to some Beach Boys via SACD. Man, I really do love the way this sounds....so amazing that something from that era could be made to sound so good. Current disc is SURFER GIRL....and it simply sounds stellar. Especially in PL II. Whoa.....and soon will be "In My Room" which is such a killer song.

EDIT - what is more astounding....is that this is 1963. This song is just over the top good. If this were 2015, I'd still be blown away. How much better can it get?

I agree...they did a great job on those SACD's....in my room might be my favorite Beach Boys song...

New Bob Dylan SACD release?...Maybe Quad Linda can provide some info on THIS DISC...acoustic sounds lists it as a "new arrival" but the description of the disc doesn't provide any information about who worked on this project...even the MOFI website doesn't provide information about the mastering of the disc...this album wasn't very popular and didn't sell well back in 1962...so probably only those die hard Dylan fans might be interested...

I happen to be channel surfing today and noticed the Sony Music Channel(directv channel 568)has some interesting stuff on it...right now a music documentary "it might get loud"...Jimmy Page...The Edge...Jack White swap stories and some cool footage...after that The Beach Boys:An American Family...and later on the same channel...The Linda McCartney Story...The Buddy Holly Story..La Bamba....some great content if you have that channel..

I happen to be channel surfing today and noticed the Sony Music Channel(directv channel 568)has some interesting stuff on it...right now a music documentary "it might get loud"...Jimmy Page...The Edge...Jack White swap stories and some cool footage...after that The Beach Boys:An American Family...and later on the same channel...The Linda McCartney Story...The Buddy Holly Story..La Bamba....some great content if you have that channel..

I get Palladium, always a show on- but the ads ruin it.

All good ones! I've seen them all. I also have the Beach Boys and Buddy Holly biopics on DVD.

Today as I was watching TV a Kia commercial was on and just as I was going to fast forward it I caught part of a song they were using in the ad...I'd heard this same song segment on a sports show when showing highlights..it's by a band I'm sure a lot of people know about...as they have played in some high profile gigs...and have been on the charts...and when I actually listened to the words it's a song I could see Jim Morrison writing and singing..funny thing is that Adam Levine is from L.A....

[video=youtube;qpgTC9MDx1o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpgTC9MDx1o[/video]

(Screeeeechh!!! change of subject alert)

I'm getting ready for the Steven Wilson gig in Madrid on September 16, so I decided to do something I had NEVER done before..
RIP the STEREO versions into my iPods of the latest ones (I have Octane Twisted already cause it's STEREO only), The Raven, Hand...

and I found myself WISHING I had a SURROUND system in my car (it wouldn't fit in a Ford Ka :( )
Cause after listening to it ONLY in MCH has SPOILED ME ROTTEN!!!!
Stereo is
SO
LIMITED!!!!!

...that's why I have only a VERY small selection of music that is in MCH in my ipod...EVEN old stuff I used to listen to all my life in stereo...it don't do it for me in stereo anymore.....

has that happened to anyone here???

(Screeeeechh!!! change of subject alert)

I'm getting ready for the Steven Wilson gig in Madrid on September 16, so I decided to do something I had NEVER done before..
RIP the STEREO versions into my iPods of the latest ones (I have Octane Twisted already cause it's STEREO only), The Raven, Hand...

and I found myself WISHING I had a SURROUND system in my car (it wouldn't fit in a Ford Ka :( )
Cause after listening to it ONLY in MCH has SPOILED ME ROTTEN!!!!
Stereo is
SO
LIMITED!!!!!

...that's why I have only a VERY small selection of music that is in MCH in my ipod...EVEN old stuff I used to listen to all my life in stereo...it don't do it for me in stereo anymore.....

has that happened to anyone here???[/QUOTE]

Actually I'm headed in the opposite direction...I'm EXPANDING my music horizons...mono...stereo...3 channel...WHATEVER SOUNDS GOOD..I'm open to trying anything...even music content I would never have considered in the past...but Kap'n....you are a true enigma...wrapped in a cheeseburger...even though you are one of the sacd haters on here and I usually disagree with a lot of your stances...I do appreciate how unique you are...certainly not cookie cutter...LOL

---

Actually I'm headed in the opposite direction...I'm EXPANDING my music horizons...mono...stereo...3 channel...WHATEVER SOUNDS GOOD..I'm open to trying anything...even music content I would never have considered in the past...but Kap'n....you are a true enigma...wrapped in a cheeseburger...even though you are one of the sacd haters on here and I usually disagree with a lot of your stances...I do appreciate how unique you are...certainly not cookie cutter...LOL

Hey, I am HAPPY for you, expanding your horizons is ALWAYS GOOD!!!

BTW, I WAS a SACD,,,hmmm, not a true fan,,and in a way, the noise up there above 25 K is really a HUGE handicap, but I DO like SACDs..as long as they are HI REZ!!! (cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger, Pepsi, Pepsi, Pepsi, Pepsi, Pepsi, Pepsi...btw I LOVE cheeseburers)..
I enjoy Stereo, Mono or whatever..as long as it sounds GOOD!!!
Peace!!!

Back