ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought three 45's when they were on the charts, including Snoopy's Christmas. I bought the compilation CD:
front cover: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41S31FTX0PL.jpg
back cover w/track list: https://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JPG_500/MI0000/074/MI0000074326.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

I have just finished ripping (flac) an old Christmas album I've had forever.

The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy & His Friends.
It's from 1967, and I bet many of you had this when you were youngsters. It sure does bring back good memories. If anyone would like to hear a "sample" of this, just shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do. ;) I tried my best to get rid of the troublesome clicks and I did a pretty good job.

Analogue Productions' STEREO SACD The Wonderful Sounds of Christmas, a compilation culled from 96/24 digital masters except for track 20, Kenny Burrell's Merry Christmas Baby from 16/44.1 digital masters. 5 tracks are unique in that they were ONLY released as singles [45 rpm?]

22 tracks of diverse Holiday Music and the sound is fabulous except for Gene Autry's 'Rudolph the red~nosed Reindeer' which is a bit rough around the edges.

The best was the Acoustic Sounds 1/2 price sale of $15.:banana: [unfortunately now full list: $30]

Highly Recommended.

This one any good - plays sacd??

Still likey my old Oppo tho:cool:

I'm sticking with Oppo when I upgrade from my 103D...but several people on here have them and Baggs was thinking about getting one.. according to the description... it will play several formats...BUT...a member mentioned that if wouldn't play some of the "home made" discs...so it wouldn't be something for you:) but it is a good way for someone to get into 4k and play SACDs and DVD-Audio and blu rays at a very cheap price...check out the description HERE

I'm sticking with Oppo when I upgrade from my 103D...but several people on here have them and Baggs was thinking about getting one.. according to the description... it will play several formats...BUT...a member mentioned that if wouldn't play some of the "home made" discs...so it wouldn't be something for you:) but it is a good way for someone to get into 4k and play SACDs and DVD-Audio and blu rays at a very cheap price...check out the description HERE

Snood likey me homemade ones :mad:@:

The SONY X~800 for the money is UNBELIEVABLE but I just upgraded to the OPPO UHD 205 with the Region Free chip. You'd be shocked how many great titles are Region B, etc. and are not available in the States. Have yet to hook it up. Been way too busy preparing for the holidays. My Region B discs are piling up.:yikes

The SONY X~800 for the money is UNBELIEVABLE but I just upgraded to the OPPO UHD 205 with the Region Free chip. You'd be shocked how many great titles are Region B, etc. and are not available in the States. Have yet to hook it up. Been way too busy preparing for the holidays. My Region B discs are piling up.:yikes

It looks like a great entry level player...for someone getting involved in 4k and someone that might want to get into hi rez music..

It looks like a great entry level player...for someone getting involved in 4k and someone that might want to get into hi rez music..

It most certainly is, Clint. It's really tiny but the case is all metal and it does everything right although I haven't inserted it into my main system for comparison to the OPPO BDP 105. For $150, it's the steal of the century!:banana: UHD 4K and 3D are uncannily SUPERB.(y)

I watched Baby Driver the other night in UHD 4K and the picture and sound just blew me away. I'm usually not a big fan of SONY products but they knocked it out of the ballpark with this little powerhouse!

Oh hell yeah! One of my favorite KISS songs. I know, I know....but this video version rules....

[video=youtube;zlSFmotba2I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlSFmotba2I[/video]

OK, all you music lovers - who are the two in this photo? :)

Picture today.jpg

Back