ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh? What? So, I just received Steve Miller Fly LIke an Eagle and it tells me wrong region code??????? I have an Oppo....since when can't I play this disc?
I have an Oppo BDP-83 with a chip added to play any region disc. You start the unit up by holding the number 1-6 key which corresponds to the region of the disc you want to play. Want to play another region and you have to restart the unit holding a number key. Do a search for "oppo region free kit". Not hard to install at all.
Hope this helps

This one came today
001.jpg
003.jpg

I have an Oppo BDP-83 with a chip added to play any region disc. You start the unit up by holding the number 1-6 key which corresponds to the region of the disc you want to play. Want to play another region and you have to restart the unit holding a number key. Do a search for "oppo region free kit". Not hard to install at all.
Hope this helps

Thanks for the suggestion, I see that the chip is US $80 on Newegg (as an example). I think that I'll just take my losses here. The disc only cost me around $20. It's the very first time I've had a disc not play. Oh well....

Thanks for the suggestion, I see that the chip is US $80 on Newegg (as an example). I think that I'll just take my losses here. The disc only cost me around $20. It's the very first time I've had a disc not play. Oh well....

DVDAE is your friend Gene

DVDAE is your friend Gene

I tried. I tried to open the disc in DVD-AE and I keep get a not responding message??

Well, I'll be damned...I shut everything down and opened again, and DVD-AE populated the disc contents!!

It worked!! Thanks my man for convincing me it was "all OK". Can't spin the disc (who cares), but I now have a FLAC version I can play via Foobar...so cool. And yeah - this version compared to the DTS are pretty different. I just checked a couple songs side by side and this version is way more discreet. All for that.... :)

Back