ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished watching one of the best documentary's I have ever seen (but never heard about): Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon. I saw it listed on Netflix and knew that Shep had been (and is still) the manager of Alice Cooper, so I thought I'd give it a look. Unbelievable stuff. The film was directed by Mike Myers. The rock stuff is hysterical, and then it gets into other aspects of his life. Shep was (is) an amazing individual. I don't want to tell a lot about it, but if you have Netflix USA, and aren't presently listening to any surround music, I strongly recommend it.

P.S. it IS in 5.1 !!! :)

Just finished watching one of the best documentary's I have ever seen (but never heard about): Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon. I saw it listed on Netflix and knew that Shep had been (and is still) the manager of Alice Cooper, so I thought I'd give it a look. Unbelievable stuff. The film was directed by Mike Myers. The rock stuff is hysterical, and then it gets into other aspects of his life. Shep was (is) an amazing individual. I don't want to tell a lot about it, but if you have Netflix USA, and aren't presently listening to any surround music, I strongly recommend it.

P.S. it IS in 5.1 !!! :)

Thank You just put on my List :banana:

This weekend, we began to listen to July 1978/The Complete Recordings 12 CD box by The Grateful Dead. The 7/7/78 show from Red Rocks features several songs they perform often with a twist: a much faster tempo. No, it's not a slow recording machine, whose tape would play back fast. It is a faster tempo. A cool touch. I suspect they were blasted when they got this idea, if not when they performed.

Along with tracks they often performed live, they are a couple rare ones: Pretty Peggy-O, and two performances of Werewolves of London.

This weekend, we began to listen to July 1978/The Complete Recordings 12 CD box by The Grateful Dead. The 7/7/78 show from Red Rocks features several songs they perform often with a twist: a much faster tempo. No, it's not a slow recording machine, whose tape would play back fast. It is a faster tempo. A cool touch. I suspect they were blasted when they got this idea, if not when they performed.

Along with tracks they often performed live, they are a couple rare ones: Pretty Peggy-O, and two performances of Werewolves of London.

I'm not interested in the entire box set..but I might grab this ...how is the sound quality?

Happy, happy birthday IM! :) :woopie:woopie:woopie:woopie:wave:wave:wave:wave:party:party:party:party

There are two bands I've been listening to lately (and because I'm lazy), anyone know if there is anything out there in MC? Chilliwack and The Cult. Thanks!!

Received this one in the mail today and I am again reminded what I have a love/hate relationship with amazon....thanks to Adam's tip I bought this disc and the delivered price was a little over $4...sounds great doesn't it...it was used but in "like new" condition..still great...but here is where the love/hate thing comes into play...amazon frequently offers me prime free trial periods...and I usually accept and use if for the 30 days and then decline the membership...so this disc was an amazon fulfilled item which means I got free 2 day shipping...well when I received it they managed to turn the... in like new condition item...to a residue coated back case cover.....they managed to put a huge sticker on the back of the case and when I removed it the ugly residue remains...even after I used a commercial cleaner...so amazon giveth...and amazon taketh away...

005.jpg
006.jpg

Received this one in the mail today and I am again reminded what I have a love/hate relationship with amazon....thanks to Adam's tip I bought this disc and the delivered price was a little over $4...sounds great doesn't it...it was used but in "like new" condition..still great...but here is where the love/hate thing comes into play...amazon frequently offers me prime free trial periods...and I usually accept and use if for the 30 days and then decline the membership...so this disc was an amazon fulfilled item which means I got free 2 day shipping...well when I received it they managed to turn the... in like new condition item...to a residue coated back case cover.....they managed to put a huge sticker on the back of the case and when I removed it the ugly residue remains...even after I used a commercial cleaner...so amazon giveth...and amazon taketh away...

View attachment 26298
View attachment 26299

Ugh.. Hopefully your listening experience will be less sticky! :p

Back