ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could never say that (or even joke about it) cause even though Phil has no interest in 5.1 surround whatsoever, I will always love and cherish his solo music.
Plus, given all the terrible things that have been said about him and his music over the years (and even still to this day) along with the breakups of all of his marriages, he came pretty close to committing suicide, something that I'm sure he will go into greater detail about in this book, which makes the title all the more appropriate.

Anyone who uses paypal (credit)...

I cancelled an order from Deep Discount. The original purchase was something like $124.98. I only received a refund of $116.03.

So - what the heck is up with that??

LMAO - well, whatever the reason was....I am now absolutely impressed....but maybe a little suspicious. I had emailed them and asked why am I not receiving the full refund. They never answered....well, not really. But I received sort of a generic response that said I would be refunded the additional money. :) Now I'm totally confused. But, I feel I deserve the full amount.

Hahahaha, ahum....sorry about that :couch. I think uninstalling and reinstalling the DarkOne skin will be the quickest way Gene. That only takes a minute or so, reconfiguring the panels will take a year by the looks of it ;) :violin. One thing you can try is preferences/display/columns ui, reset toolbars. I never tried that myself and don't intend to at the moment so I don't know what that does but I hope that helps.

OK, I did that - now it is showing the Non Darkone skin. You know, the generic foobar skin. How do I now get the darkone skin activated? Do you know?

I could never say that (or even joke about it) cause even though Phil has no interest in 5.1 surround whatsoever, I will always love and cherish his solo music.
Plus, given all the terrible things that have been said about him and his music over the years (and even still to this day) along with the breakups of all of his marriages, he came pretty close to committing suicide, something that I'm sure he will go into greater detail about in this book, which makes the title all the more appropriate.

Stop being such a prude, Ryan. I LOVE Phil too. Always have. I was unaware of his suicidal tendencies but I've always loved his music and his vibrant personality. Of course when he joined Genesis the whole vibe of the band was altered forever. Gabriel brought it in one direction and Collins in another. Hoping Phil lives a long life and that he overcomes his demons.

Stop being such a prude, Ryan. I LOVE Phil too. Always have. I was unaware of his suicidal tendencies but I've always loved his music and his vibrant personality. Of course when he joined Genesis the whole vibe of the band was altered forever. Gabriel brought it in one direction and Collins in another. Hoping Phil lives a long life and that he overcomes his demons.

From what I have been following recently, Phil has largely overcome his demons now that he's closer to his kids (and third ex-wife) again, plus he's even done a couple of charity performances recently, his first times performing live in about 6 years. Let's hope there's even more to come from him in the future! :)

Even though this is not big news for us surroundophiles, on 17th June, Steven Wilson is releasing Insurgentes, Grace for Drowning, The Raven that Refused to Sing (and Other Stories), Hand.Cannot.Erase, 4½ and Cover Version to the following services: Apple Music, Deezer, Google Play, Napster, Spotify and TIDAL.

More information, including a VERY lengthy interview with Steven can be found on his Facebook page and website:
https://www.facebook.com/StevenWilsonHQ/
http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/steven-wilson-talks-streaming/

(regarding the smashing of iPods)

Yes, MP3s at 128 (and even 256) do sound like crap.

But, OTOH, MP4s at 256 sound just like a CD... I really can't tell them apart, it's the best codec of them all.....

I find that the iPods are one of the best gadgets Apple has come up with-people often forget that you can play almost any WAV, AIFF up to 96 K on it.
The CLASSIC iPod (RIP) was the best of them all. I got 2 of them. One of them had a bad fall and the headphone out went bust, but, you can get a cable that you can attach to the bottom (Power and output) with a mini male stereo output...got a couple of those too...you can't adjust the volume though, but it works perfectly in any system.

Really don't know what I'm gonna do when they go to hell in a hand basket...cause I'm NOT a big fan of the new ones...

I met him quite a few times in the mid to late 70s (so at the height of the progressive rock version of Genesis), when he played with older friends at impromptu jam sessions at gigs, and when he was playing with Brand X. I had a brilliant late teens early twenties time as a student! I found him one to be of the most pleasant people you could meet (which is how you wish your rock stars to be), very down to earth, unassuming, not someone who acted as a rock god, a quiet/private-ish sort of person who totally loves his music. Certainly not the persona projected by the press in later years.

Of course when he joined Genesis the whole vibe of the band was altered forever. Gabriel brought it in one direction and Collins in another.

It's not when he joined (1971) it was when he became the lead vocalist (1976). Steve Hackett (also 1971) should be given proper credit for the band's composition style. Trick of the Tail and Wind & Wuthering continued a gothic sound with long form compositions. When Steve left after the 1977 tour that accounted for the abrupt change to a more "accessible" sound from that point on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, this is really cool!
As I reported on here yesterday, Steven Wilson's solo music is now available to stream via all major music streaming companies, but this is something additional on Spotify that is really cool!
Steven's published a playlist called the "Hand. Cannot. Erase. Dream Kitchen Mixtape."
This mix tape (I believe) was played before all of the shows on the tour last year and it corresponds to the music that the HCE character loves to listen to, which is in itself very much a reflection of SW's own musical tastes.
For those on Spotify, check it out here: https://open.spotify.com/user/stevenwilsonofficial/playlist/70jt5bwS5nCFUC7W4JKzgu

Ok, this is really cool!
As I reported on here yesterday, Steven Wilson's solo music is now available to stream via all major music streaming companies, but this is something additional on Spotify that is really cool!
Steven's published a playlist called the "Hand. Cannot. Erase. Dream Kitchen Mixtape."
This mix tape (I believe) was played before all of the shows on the tour last year and it corresponds to the music that the HCE character loves to listen to, which is in itself very much a reflection of SW's own musical tastes.
For those on Spotify, check it out here: https://open.spotify.com/user/stevenwilsonofficial/playlist/70jt5bwS5nCFUC7W4JKzgu

Steven must be great at time management...he finds the time for his solo career...works on commercial projects...and has time to make these "fun" mixes...he's amazing on several levels(y)

I'm a huge fan, but this is a bit rich for my blood. Besides, I'm still digesting the Fare Thee Well box we got for Christmas and July '78 GD boxes, as well as the Chicago Quadio and 50th Anniversary Pet Sounds boxes.

I was just being facetious...that one issue with a USB for $600 was a crazy item...and they sold out of them!

During yesterday's drive to Miller Park to see 4 acts: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...47-The-recent-and-upcoming-gigs-thread/page27 I brought along my import CD of Mind Transplant by Alphonse Mouzon. Many Quaddies know him from The Eleventh House Quad. Mind Transplant is a solo album featuring three guitarists with CHOPS: Tommy Bolin, Lee Ritenour and Jay Graydon. I picked this up the week it came out in '75. Some very juicy guitar licks along with Mouzon's bombastic drums. It was announced as a 5.1 release, but that didn't happen.

The very best tracks are not legally permitted on YouTube by Mouzon Music. Here's a good one that is:
Ascorbic Acid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dh2H1tYfPI&spfreload=10

For anyone who likes jazz/fusion, this is one not to be missed. Get it!

Back