ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for the RECORD, Big Mac is McDonald's.....but The Whopper is from Burger King. We wouldn't want to be putting out false teeth..I mean, false information. :ugham:

BTW, this month, Burger King has TWO WHOPPER Meals (incl. drinks/fries) for 10 BUCKS. 2 Whoppers + 2 drinks + 2 Fries = Instant Heart Attack!

Just glad, GOS, that you're up to snuff on your fast food menus.

You mean people actually eat those things :yikes!

Just for the RECORD, Big Mac is McDonald's.....but The Whopper is from Burger King. We wouldn't want to be putting out false teeth..I mean, false information. :ugham:

Taaaaaaaaaaaaco Bell for the win!!!! :banana:

Oh and to get back on track of the thread.........

Snood likes Music :banana:

Why is it Snood that when I think of Taco Bell....I think of the RED HOT:flameChili Peppers? Heard their new album is amazing!

Saw the album release thingy on AUDIENCE channel......ehhhh some of the new tunes were ok. Snood lost mega interest in them after Blood Sugar Sex Magik - they lost their funk after that album. My fave has always been Uplift Mofo Party Plan - AMAZZZZZZZZZZING - Saw them on that tour. :banana:

but will admit have all their albums or cds.........urgh. Will prob end up picking this one a bit later used somewhere (y)

Saw the album release thingy on AUDIENCE channel......ehhhh some of the new tunes were ok. Snood lost mega interest in them after Blood Sugar Sex Magik - they lost their funk after that album. My fave has always been Uplift Mofo Party Plan - AMAZZZZZZZZZZING - Saw them on that tour. :banana:

but will admit have all their albums or cds.........urgh. Will prob end up picking this one a bit later used somewhere (y)

I stopped buying their albums when John Frusciante left... Love his guitar and song writing... But you're right about the Uplift Mofo Party album... Great funky stuff! (And it was pre-Frusciante, I believe)

Man, all these older bands that I adore are releasing their back catalogs on vinyl.....I absolutely have to look away so I don't go broke buying this stuff. I now see that Manfred Mann is releasing some of their titles.... I SO want those.....

Did you all like Faith No More back in their earlier years? I thought they were awesome...

The Real Thing is a great album and was quite an important one but Angel Dust is my favourite and the only one I still listen to once in a while. I'll admit thinking that the magic was gone on their later releases and never really bothered with anything else they've done. I did really enjoy the first Mr. Bungle album though. Egg is one crazy track.

I rarely buy big box sets, unless I know I will enjoy the whole thing. I've decided to bite the bullet on the Barnes & Noble exclusive mammoth Tony Bennett: The (almost) Complete Collection which contains 73 CDs and 3 DVDs. Pretty crazy, I know, but I'm loving it. Well worth it. Each album in a mini LP replica sleeve and a nice book listing each album's tracklisting. Talk about bang for the buck. It will take me a long time to go through the whole thing but I'm in no hurry. I felt like hearing Tony's superb rendition of The Good Life. It actually is. :)

I rarely buy big box sets, unless I know I will enjoy the whole thing. I've decided to bite the bullet on the Barnes & Noble exclusive mammoth Tony Bennett: The (almost) Complete Collection which contains 73 CDs and 3 DVDs. Pretty crazy, I know, but I'm loving it. Well worth it. Each album in a mini LP replica sleeve and a nice book listing each album's tracklisting. Talk about bang for the buck. It will take me a long time to go through the whole thing but I'm in no hurry. I felt like hearing Tony's superb rendition of The Good Life. It actually is. :)

wow!!! That is a BOX! Very cool.

wow!!! That is a BOX! Very cool.

It truly is. It may seem costly, but it's worth it as it comes to about $6.25 per disc (including shipping). Not too shabby. I imagine this will increase and become oop the day Tony leaves us.

Adrian Belew posted this on Facebook today:

sunday I leave for Milan, Italy for a week of recording with Stewart Copeland's new group called Gizmo whose line-up includes Mark King, bassist for Level 42, and Vittorio Cosma, keyboard player of Elio e le Storie Tese.

The comment seems a little vague as to whether Belew's a member of the band or just doing some session work for them. Either way, that's a killer combination of musicians.

The Monkees – Good Times!

For their 30th Anniversary in 1996 the Monkees released “Justus”, an album where all the songs were written, and all the instruments were played, by the four members (so put that “they don't play their own instruments” BS to rest already).

For their 50th Anniversary they decided to come full circle and produce a record in the style of their 1966 & 1967 albums using songs from classic and contemporary songwriters. For me, this album totally succeeds... and they even took it a bit further.

The 7 songs that Micky sings lead on, "Good Times" (written by and sung as a duet with the late Harry Nilsson), "You Bring the Summer" (Andy Partridge), "She Makes Me Laugh" (Rivers Cuomo), "Our Own World" (Adam Schlesinger who also produced the album), "Gotta Give It Time" (Jeff Barry/Joseph Levine), "Whatever's Right" (Bobby Hart and the late Tommy Boyce), and "I Was There (And I'm Told I Had a Good Time)" (Micky Dolenz/Adam Schlesinger) and Davy's posthumous “Love To Love” (Neil Diamond) fulfill the '66 & '67 feel of the album.

Then there's the songs that Pete or Mike sing lead on. These seem to feel more like later day Monkee songs.

“Birth Of An Accidental Hipster” (Noel Gallagher & Paul Weller), and “Me & Magdalena” (Ben Gibbard) could have been on “Pisces...” or “Birds & Bees...”. The Carole King/Gerry Goffin song “Wasn't Born To Follow” would have been right at home on the “Head” album.

“I Know What I Know” (Mike Nesmith) at first seems a bit out of place, but the more I listened I thought this was like The Beatles including “Yesterday” on the “HELP!” album. An adult sounding song among the lighter material.

Reviews of this album have been very positive. IMO, The Monkees deserve to be in the RRHOF. Those that disagree need to check out this link http://https://www.buzzfeed.com/johnnyr6/debunking-every-excuse-for-keeping-the-monkees-out-arl4?utm_term=.ky79ZNjjLj#.bcl1YrBBlB.

Whether you are a Monkees fan or not I say give this album a listen. :music

Back