ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have the DVD-A of Rod Sterwart (It Had To Be You) ?

attachment.php

I don't remember very much (if anything!) about it.. which is normally a bad sign.. :eek:

I have wished for YEARS that Jeff Lynne would release some of ELO's music in an updated format like blu ray...and also in surround...well he is doing something like that...not with the original ELO and only in stereo HERE

I have wished for YEARS that Jeff Lynne would release some of ELO's music in an updated format like blu ray...and also in surround...well he is doing something like that...not with the original ELO and only in stereo HERE

At the time, Lynne said that, if all went well, he would seriously consider a world tour but that hasn't transpired, so far. What he is moving forward with is a new DVD and Blu-Ray release of the Hyde Park show, promising to keep the sound true to that evening. "It’s important to me that viewers experience the Hyde Park show exactly as it was performed on the night…in stereo."

Erm... :rolleyes:

At the time, Lynne said that, if all went well, he would seriously consider a world tour but that hasn't transpired, so far. What he is moving forward with is a new DVD and Blu-Ray release of the Hyde Park show, promising to keep the sound true to that evening. "It’s important to me that viewers experience the Hyde Park show exactly as it was performed on the night…in stereo."

I know...I can't believe some of these artists...they are completely out of touch...I mean...a blu ray concert without surround...geeze...they have no clue...

The 80's didn't offer a lot of great music...especially when compared to the 60's and 70's...and the number 1 US single on this day in 1989 reminds us how shallow the talent pool was in that decade .....BABY DON'T FORGET MY NUMBER(Milli Vanilli)lasted 1 week on top of the charts...

The 80's didn't offer a lot of great music...especially when compared to the 60's and 70's...and the number 1 US single on this day in 1989 reminds us how shallow the talent pool was in that decade .....BABY DON'T FORGET MY NUMBER(Milli Vanilli)lasted 1 week on top of the charts...

Wrong! The 80's had a lot of good stuff along with the crap. That list of mine is huge. Though, I didn't much care for the later 80's stuff.

Some of these bands started in the late 70's:

Squeeze
Split Enz
Elvis Costello
Moody Blues (comeback period)
Missing Persons
Talking Heads
Simple Minds
Police (Sting)
Alan Parsons Project
Bryan Adams
Tears For Fears
a-ha
Peter Gabriel
Toto
Depeche Mode
XTC
Bryan Ferry
REM
Dire Straits
Duran Duran
Genesis
Blue Oyster Cult
Crowded House

I could go on and on and on...;)

Eh....sounds like someone who is living in the past. I love Jeff Lynne..but wow. He could kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Have a 2 channel and a 5.1 as well.

Iron Maiden. First album in 1980. Nuff said.

Back