ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's got issues, bi-polar I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor woman.. I'm sure many of us here have some connection, in some way.. personally I have two with her and it from particular/peculiar/personal angles, 1.) Ms. O'Connor is a former client of ours and a lovelier more natural down to earth woman on a one-to-one you'd struggle to find & 2.) My auntie's son in law is bipolar and it has had quite an impact on his life, affecting him and everyone in the immediate family it would seem.. very sad.

Poor woman.. I'm sure many of us here have some connection, in some way.. personally I have two with her and it from particular/peculiar/personal angles, 1.) Ms. O'Connor is a former client of ours and a lovelier more natural down to earth woman on a one-to-one you'd struggle to find & 2.) My auntie's son in law is bipolar and it has had quite an impact on his life, affecting him and everyone in the immediate family it would seem.. very sad.

Mrs. Baggy is BP. She make life interesting! (y) :confused: :party :chill :smack: :mad:@: (n)

Mrs. Baggy is BP. She make life interesting! (y) :confused: :party :chill :smack: :mad:@: (n)

As am I. For me, being manic, it complicates life but sometimes the ride is quite exciting even though I later realize it wasn't real. I only speak out to help put an end to the stigma; that is very likely the worst part about this illness. Try to understand that the brain is an organ and when a disorder manifests itself the behaviour that this organ controls can go sideways. No different than the heart or kidneys or other major areas of the whole human body.

Unlucky 13

So I noticed recently that when listening to music and adjusting the volume, I won't stop at "13" ....or even "13.5". Anyone else do this? I'm not necessarily a superstitious person, so what gives? Out by the sidewalk, I saw a little dark haired girl sitting under a sign that read "Psychiatric Help 5 Cents", so I went and asked her what she thought this 13 thing on my volume scale meant. She said "It means it's a little quieter than 12, and a little louder than 14. You blockhead."

Unlucky 13

So I noticed recently that when listening to music and adjusting the volume, I won't stop at "13" ....or even "13.5". Anyone else do this? I'm not necessarily a superstitious person, so what gives? Out by the sidewalk, I saw a little dark haired girl sitting under a sign that read "Psychiatric Help 5 Cents", so I went and asked her what she thought this 13 thing on my volume scale meant. She said "It means it's a little quieter than 12, and a little louder than 14. You blockhead."

13 is NOT an unlucky or bad omen number..it's just a VERY POWERFUL one!!!(it's a 4 , 1+3=4)...4s and 8s are very powerful numbers

Same as 17 (an 8, 7+1=8), which is considered "unlucky" in Italia because in Roman numbers it's XVII- and when you rearrange the letters, it spells "VIXI", which , in Latin means "I lived"(death)...

All this stuff is really curious, especially when most people think that "the number of the beast" is 666 (which would be a 9, another powerful number but for another reason, it's the "last" number and it means rebirth), when it actually is 661 (another 8)...

13 is NOT an unlucky or bad omen number..it's just a VERY POWERFUL one!!!(it's a 4 , 1+3=4)...4s and 8s are very powerful numbers

Same as 17 (an 8, 7+1=8), which is considered "unlucky" in Italia because in Roman numbers it's XVII- and when you rearrange the letters, it spells "VIXI", which , in Latin means "I lived"(death)...

All this stuff is really curious, especially when most people think that "the number of the beast" is 666 (which would be a 9, another powerful number but for another reason, it's the "last" number and it means rebirth), when it actually is 661 (another 8)...

True kap.. Here the expression is; "Unlucky for some = 13".. but that implies not unlucky for all.
I rather like the number 13.. Ah ah ah!! (as Seasme Street's Count would say!)

Spookily my Mum's magic number is 4, four some reason, it's probably a Quad thing ;)

Unlucky 13

I crank mine to "11".. :eek:

13 is not 4. The 1 is really 10 so 10 + 3 = 13.

Many manuscripts have it as 616. Depends if it was translated from Aramaic, Greek or whatever and what the scribe thought it ought to add up to. Most assumed it referred to Nero, so made sure the number added up to his name in some way.

Well its 3 sixes carved into the nape of my neck, so that must be right.. Hehehehehe... :alienrob:

I crank mine to "11".. :eek:

If I get to 12 or below with the sound still comfortable, that's a sign on my system that the music's not likely compressed :thumbs:

I'm not too bad with numbers and letters, but every other part of my memory sucks as I get older. For example, I can clearly remember my first integrated amp in the '70s, it was a Sony TA F3A...yet I don't remember what I had for dinner yesterday. :yikes

If I get to 12 or below with the sound still comfortable, that's a sign on my system that the music's not likely compressed :thumbs:

I'm not too bad with numbers and letters, but every other part of my memory sucks as I get older. For example, I can clearly remember my first integrated amp in the '70s, it was a Sony TA F3A...yet I don't remember what I had for dinner yesterday. :yikes

As long as it wasn't the Sony TA F3A you will be fine:ugham:

I can clearly remember my first integrated amp in the '70s, it was a Sony TA F3A...yet I don't remember what I had for dinner yesterday. :yikes

Perhaps you ate the Sony TA F3A for dinner yesterday....hmmmmm :rolleyes:

Ahhh Snood sees Clint beat me to the punch line:mad:@:

Back