ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$14.05?...actually it's $17.99 + tax...I just ordered it from Deepdiscount for $17.42 delivered with the promo code BLACKPEARL...which expires later today..

Good deal. It's $20 CDN locally which isn't too bad. Release date is tomorrow but that's Canada Day so everything will be closed, have to wait for the weekend...

For all you Pink Floyd fans: http://www.nme.com/news/pink-floyd/94714?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

This is a proshot live video of David Gilmour performing "One of These Days" (from "Meddle") for the first time in over 20 years!
Not only does it sound amazing, but David looks like he's having a hell of a lot of fun playing it too!
Enjoy!
:)

Awesome! Thanks for that Ryan. Don't think I've seen it live since the Pulse disc from The Division Bell tour? Further to...does anyone have and info/gossip/news about an upcoming blu ray concert release from the Rattle That Lock tour? Just wondering if any serious filming was done at any of the venues he played at...or if maybe they're waiting for Pompeii next week?

Last edited:
Awesome! Thats for that Ryan. Don't think I've seen it live since the Pulse disc from The Division Bell tour? Further to...does anyone have and info/gossip/news about an upcoming blu ray concert release from the Rattle That Lock tour? Just wondering if any serious filming was done at any of the venues he played at...or if maybe they're waiting for Pompeii next week?

I'll be there in Pompeii in just one week from now, maybe you'll also see me in the Blu-ray (I'll report back if I see any camera)

I'll be there in Pompeii in just one week from now, maybe you'll also see me in the Blu-ray (I'll report back if I see any camera)

¡¡QUE ENVIDIA!!!
¡¡¡ANDA, ÉCHANOSLO EN CARA, SO CAPULLO!!!! ;)

(Translation for our non Spanish speaking friends "Have a great time!! Enjoy!"...well... close enough...)

¡¡QUE ENVIDIA!!!
¡¡¡ANDA, ÉCHANOSLO EN CARA, SO CAPULLO!!!! ;)

(Translation for our non Spanish speaking friends "Have a great time!! Enjoy!"...well... close enough...)

Haha, that's a free translation. Luckily the Mods can't understand Spanish!

Haha, that's a free translation. Luckily the Mods can't understand Spanish!

;)

I wonder if anyone put this through a translator and what "capullo" was (I LOVE that word..it's got its charm...obviously ONLY used in Spain within that context..)

Have a great time!!!
And take a few photos to share..

Un abrazo

Putting this in the "ALL ABOUT MUSIC" thread for now, but according to several sources, it looks like Pink Floyd are currently working on putting together an 'early years' box set, which they're aiming to release towards the end of 2016.
From the IMWAN forum: http://www.imwan.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=98590&sid=78922d685f9200c5833aeb253b525833

Interesting that the "helpful librarian" refers to Andy Jackson as a "compiler"...another case of a band trying to avoid their music reaching the public domain...that rush to protect their music catalog is what enabled the lawsuit against Led Zep...good find Ryan..

This release isn't getting much pub right now...probably because it's just a CD...BUT...it could begin a relationship with Audio Fidelity and Marshall sees the wisdom of starting early with a YOUNG band that has great promise...here is the release...and scroll down to the video of them doing LONG LIVE ROCK AND ROLL.....here

I wish the band and AF the best of luck in this endeavour.
At least if sales are sluggish, a lack of Surround Music customers can't be cited as a reason for a flop.

I wish the band and AF the best of luck in this endeavour.
At least if sales are sluggish, a lack of Surround Music customers can't be cited as a reason for a flop.

I think Marshall is trying to build a relationship with these young artists....it's obvious that they have a lot of potential...since they ended the Gold CD program I don't think they handle conventional CD's...

Back