ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Marshall is trying to build a relationship with these young artists....it's obvious that they have a lot of potential...since they ended the Gold CD program I don't think they handle conventional CD's...

Its a very good idea.

Perhaps Mr. Blonstein would consider some Surround SACD releases of these fresh young artists?

Nice and cheap to do, no licensing, engineers can create the 5.1 alongside the Stereo mix.

Who knows down the line AF might sign/distribute some of the talented artists who produce new music in Surround that we have resident here at QQ (quite a few newer members here are making great new music in 5.1, check it out at every opportunity a lot of it is excellent, albeit in download only form a lot of the time which I'm not a mega fan of) ...and in that way AF could really crank up their Surround release schedule, more cheaply and easily for them.

Just a thought.

Putting this in the "ALL ABOUT MUSIC" thread for now, but according to several sources, it looks like Pink Floyd are currently working on putting together an 'early years' box set, which they're aiming to release towards the end of 2016.
From the IMWAN forum: http://www.imwan.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=98590&sid=78922d685f9200c5833aeb253b525833

Well, it was Andy who said in this very forum that he was working on the project. So INWAN forum is really quoting us.

Pity that Andy disappeared just after making this comment, I wonder if he was reprimanded by Paul Sinclair for saying too much.

Well, it was Andy who said in this very forum that he was working on the project. So INWAN forum is really quoting us.

Pity that Andy disappeared just after making this comment, I wonder if he was reprimanded by Paul Sinclair for saying too much.

Sorry if I missed anything, but why would Paul Sinclair reprimand him? What does he have to do with any of this?

Sorry if I missed anything, but why would Paul Sinclair reprimand him? What does he have to do with any of this?

It's pure speculation. When pink Floyd's 65 vinyl was released, Andy revealed here that he was doing some restoration for an early years boxset and that was his very last comment on the forum. I was wondering if Pink Floyd's manager banned him for revealing something that he was not allowed to. There was some kind of fluent communication with Andy right until then

This release isn't getting much pub right now...probably because it's just a CD...BUT...it could begin a relationship with Audio Fidelity and Marshall sees the wisdom of starting early with a YOUNG band that has great promise...here is the release...and scroll down to the video of them doing LONG LIVE ROCK AND ROLL.....here

I wanted to bring this back for those who might have missed it (like I did). The performance in the video by V2 (Vee Squared) is pretty amazing. This band includes two kids (11 year old twin brothers) and a dude in a Frankenstein suit. Ya gotta see it if you haven't yet. Thanks for posting this Clint. You da man.... again.:wave

It's pure speculation. When pink Floyd's 65 vinyl was released, Andy revealed here that he was doing some restoration for an early years boxset and that was his very last comment on the forum. I was wondering if Pink Floyd's manager banned him for revealing something that he was not allowed to. There was some kind of fluent communication with Andy right until then

Its messy to spunkulate! :yikes I'll bet "Randy" Andy Jackson is too busy to chat with us right now, working on that Floydy box of goodies.
So long as its got more surround in it than scarves and marbles, I'm IN.

Just managed to get a copy from a friend of the "Guitar Festival" (a Japanese video-it looks legit) that took place in October 1991 in Sevilla, España to celebrate the Expo '92...whew!!!I know it was 24 years ago , but , man, almost half of the performers are no longer with us!!!

Had been trying to get this FOREVER!!!

Just managed to get a copy from a friend of the "Guitar Festival" (a Japanese video-it looks legit) that took place in October 1991 in Sevilla, España to celebrate the Expo '92...whew!!!I know it was 24 years ago , but , man, almost half of the performers are no longer with us!!!

Had been trying to get this FOREVER!!!

[video=youtube;5TfcDz5K_NQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TfcDz5K_NQ[/video]

Let me clarify...that thread isn't for "specific" topics...and thus isn't suitable for the internet searches...that's the whole point..and even if it's not ALWAYS about music it serves a purpose..people are going to post "off topic" subjects...it's a fact and ignoring that fact just leads to problems..that thread keeps it condensed and under control so the factual threads aren't fragmented by off topic posts...we are human and it happens..what you want to make a searchable thread isn't a fact based thread...it's a "speculation" thread...it's not about an upcoming release...remember all the complaints about the Tales thread...how it was just speculation and how it would somehow confuse somebody doing an internet search(which I thought was silly)...this is the same thing...and this idea of a poll for something that isn't even a possibility right now certainly seems a reach...if you want to start a thread it's no problem with me....I'm not a Mod and don't have to police yet another thread...

Just remember that we are a "friendly" community and members here like to engage in "small talk"...we aren't robots...we like to converse with each other and it's not always about music and it's not always "on topic"....so it might be "Random Shite" to you but to others it's a place where they can post something that might not fall in the right category or be off topic and not worry about hijacking some thread....like I said...I have no objection to you creating as many threads as you like...but if the so called premise is providing appropriate threads for internet searches...I can't see how that would quality...just my opinion:)

Maybe you could just rename this thread, "All About Music... and stuff". Seriously, I understand there needs to be a catch-all kind of thread. Otherwise, like you said, there'll be new threads being created all the time for whatever tangents people go off on.

[video=youtube;5TfcDz5K_NQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TfcDz5K_NQ[/video]

Eso.."Leyendas de la Guitarra"...most of it is in utube, but I knew it was out there somewhere...Joe Walsh's set is hilarious... Mixed by none other than Phil Ramone....
Too bad it has never had a REAL release in the US/Europe....
It was also shot and recorded in (Sony) Digital....

The Experimental night was AWESOME...from Roger McGuinn to Richard Thompson to Les Paul to Roger Waters...and a really "shitty" rhythm section...Tony Levin and Manu Katché...wow!

Eso.."Leyendas de la Guitarra"...most of it is in utube, but I knew it was out there somewhere...Joe Walsh's set is hilarious... Mixed by none other than Phil Ramone....
Too bad it has never had a REAL release in the US/Europe....
It was also shot and recorded in (Sony) Digital....

The Experimental night was AWESOME...from Roger McGuinn to Richard Thompson to Les Paul to Roger Waters...and a really "shitty" rhythm section...Tony Levin and Manu Katché...wow!

At least Roger Waters concert was broadcast on the radio. I recorded it on cassette and must have lost it in one of the house removals. I remember Roger premiered What God Wants that night from the not released yet Amused to Death. Long time ago...

As Ralphie mentioned the 5th Dimension on another thread I couldn't resist a few songs...I don't know how many joints I smoked and rolled to this song...I'm not talking about some dirt weed...some red bud my man..these pictures of Marilyn don't do her justice..she was HOT:worthy

[video=youtube;06X5HYynP5E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06X5HYynP5E[/video]

As Ralphie mentioned the 5th Dimension on another thread I couldn't resist a few songs...I don't know how many joints I smoked and rolled to this song...I'm not talking about some dirt weed...some red bud my man..these pictures of Marilyn don't do her justice..she was HOT:worthy

[video=youtube;06X5HYynP5E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06X5HYynP5E[/video]

Oh, yeah, Clint.....RED BUD........what we didn't DO in THOSE days? And it was SO cheap and plentiful. I wish we'd get some 5th Dimension in SURROUND...but AFAIK, their albums were never remixed in Quad.

BTW, Marilyn McCoo is now 72!

David Gilmour....getting ready for Pompeii. Scuttlebutt has it that Pompeii will produce a blu ray concert

13620138_10209532965496593_4795463155322294316_n_zpslgpuyybh.jpg

Back