ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes ya just need a chuckle...

13419166_1167782346614229_2296851000072824341_n_zps4xdxxgdi.jpg

Well...I was looking at a post by Adam(fredblue)on another thread about an Elton John sampler disc and noticed the seller was an estate liquidator...I know that sounds a little sinister...he's not a hit man..just a peddler of the dearly departed..... items he/she left behind on this earth..so I noticed some vinyl offerings that might be of interest to our vinyl warriors on the site...CHECK IT OUT

Regarding the fuckin' smartphones, I wish I was part of security and (as I have seen in many a concerts nowadays) , could take the phone from the ASSHOLES using them ...I mean, I understand some photos...but a video of the WHOLE CONCERT??? it's gonna look and sound like CRAP!!!! And on top of that you'll have MISSED THE SHOW!!!

kap'n... I got a solution to your smartphone problem:

*NOT FOR SENSITIVE VIEWERS*

[video=youtube;zbSjSIY0Zkk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbSjSIY0Zkk[/video]

right above the crowd.. :D

Nope...that'd be too good for them....sorry,I hate them that much!!!!
At least , back when it was lighters , it was only ONE arm in the air and not for long until it started burning!!

We'd appreciate if everyone would discuss their concert reviews, announcement of future concert dates and tickets purchased for future concerts in the recent and upcoming gigs thread:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...47-The-recent-and-upcoming-gigs-thread/page27

Kap'n...some people(like me)were sick and tired of looking for all these different threads on here..so this thread covers more ground and isn't as specific...of course you can post it on that other thread...nothing wrong with that..BUT..you should keep an eye of this thread as well...you never know what goodies might be on here(y)

What is that a clip from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most mainstream pop music I hear these days usually begins in a grocery or department store, or anywhere you get those infernal looped satellite feeds with the same old refried, overplayed crap. Well, one I heard years ago bugged me so much I did what any old fart would do--YouTubed it! Works every time, usually all I gotta remember is the snatch of a lyric, and that does it. This one is Echosmith's "Cool Kids." Proving that millennials really are stupid, who in their right mind would want to be 'cool'? When I was a teen being cool was NOT COOL AT ALL, to say the least, and I've dedicated my life to remaining uncool and a terminal, self-indulgent reprobate. That, and this particular track sounded thirty years old, right out of 1986, not 2016. It doesn't exactly suck--it's nothing if not catchy--but not enjoyably brainless, either. Pretty much music-by-numbers, really.

I won't insult anyone by posting a link, it's easy enough to find.

ED :)

When I was a teen being cool was NOT COOL AT ALL, to say the least, and I've dedicated my life to remaining uncool and a terminal, self-indulgent reprobate.

With all due respect Ed, I think you've seriously failed in your attempt as I think you're cool. :)

Yes Ed, like it or not, you're one cool individual. (y)

With all due respect Ed, I think you've seriously failed in your attempt as I think you're cool. :)

Yes Ed, like it or not, you're one cool individual. (y)

Cool isn't cool when self-proclaimed ;)

I had a pleasant surprise yesterday. A while back I bought the Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs [4 CD/2 LP/DVD Super Deluxe] and soon discovered that the DVD would start seizing up on the Oppo 93 at 38:28 during Key to the Highway, just when I was getting in to it. I've tried spinning it a few times since hoping it was sunspots or abnormally low or high humidity, no luck. But Friday, fired up the old Oppo 970hd and what do you know it played straight through no hiccups no problems. Yes, I'm a happy QQr.

Last edited:
Cool isn't cool when self-proclaimed ;)

ji eff, some people are on the 'cusp' of cool but never quite make it.

And you're correct....as my late father used to say: He who knows has no occasion to shout. If you are cool, people WILL know it.

And in the words of Dr Seuss: Why fit in when you were born to stand out.

Last edited:
Wes Montgomery - Full House (DVD-A)

Hope nobody minds me slipping this stereo DVD-A in here. :couch

It's such a wonderful disc!

Wes Montgomery - Full House (DVD-A)

Hope nobody minds me slipping this stereo DVD-A in here. :couch

It's such a wonderful disc!

Brett, was that part of the JVC Victor DVD~A series from Japan (both MONO & Stereo) released in 24/192? I have several of those incredible discs and I know they are sadly now OOP.

Brett, was that part of the JVC Victor DVD~A series from Japan (both MONO & Stereo) released in 24/192? I have several of those incredible discs and I know they are sadly now OOP.

Yep, Victor did an excellent job with these DVD-As. This Wes Montgomery album sounds beautiful.

Back