ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was listening to Darren Reddick's "One Man And His Prog" on Planet Rock (UK) late last night, and he played "In Exile" from the upcoming Pineapple Thief album, and "Sorceress" from Opeth's new album, both tracks sounded really good. So more good music on its way and in 5.1 :)

At the risk of sounding like I'm delighting in your plight (which I'm certainly NOT), now you know why they call themselves ELUSIVE!!

So, 2 weeks ago Elusive Disk was offering some special discount. I wanted to take advantage of this and also wanted to use Paypal Credit (which their site claimed you could do as long as all the products you buy are in stock). Another odd requirement was that the address you supplied Elusive matches the address associated with Paypal (which mine does).

So, I get to the order stage...and no option for Paypal. I reboot, go back in...nothing. I clear my cache, still nothing. So - I email them and present them my problem....a week goes by, no response. I then email them a 2nd time...nothing. Now, the deal is over and I've lost my chance.

Yes, it is things like this that make customers not return. Well, count me in as one that won't return. Horrible customer service. (yes, I checked my spam folder...no responses from them)

Actually, it's ALL ABOUT NO MUSIC! Vacation has started, currently in an old schoolhouse that has been renovated into a vacation rental. In the hills of Pennsylvania...this is wonderful. No stereo, no nothing....OK...I have wifi, so I have QQ if I want. :) Seems most of the traffic is about the YES releases.....nothing new since I left on Monday.

Actually, it's ALL ABOUT NO MUSIC! Vacation has started, currently in an old schoolhouse that has been renovated into a vacation rental. In the hills of Pennsylvania...this is wonderful. No stereo, no nothing....OK...I have wifi, so I have QQ if I want. :) Seems most of the traffic is about the YES releases.....nothing new since I left on Monday.

Enjoy yourself Gene! :)

That must be one of our one room schoolhouses. :violin Yes, I live in Pennsylvania so I can insult us.

Yes, it's an old single room schoolroom house. Insult? Why? This is truly wonderful. Awesome view, superior renovation.....you should be so lucky to still have these pieces of history. In Illinois, all we do is tear them down. No concern for history at all.

By the way - the rental is in Kempton, PA. Pretty area.

GOS, have a GREAT time....but you may have missed this (since you're a vinyl junkie): https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/s...on-ultradisc-one-step-45rpm-vinyl-2lp-box-set

And perhaps THIS: https://legacyrecordings.com/2016/0...released-in-its-entirety-for-first-time-ever/

And just remember, there's more than one way to skin a possum:ugham:

Yikes...so tomorrow AM, heading from Pennsylvania to New York city. Never been....staying in a small hotel on Central Park....going to Ground Zero...Statue of Liberty.....and then tomorrow night out for some local music. I'll report back...if I'm still alive. lmao

Yikes...so tomorrow AM, heading from Pennsylvania to New York city. Never been....staying in a small hotel on Central Park....going to Ground Zero...Statue of Liberty.....and then tomorrow night out for some local music. I'll report back...if I'm still alive. lmao

Man you're going to have a ball! If you are there Monday Night, you have to go to Arlene's Grocery for their Live Band Karaoke. It's fantastic!

So, 2 weeks ago Elusive Disk was offering some special discount. I wanted to take advantage of this and also wanted to use Paypal Credit (which their site claimed you could do as long as all the products you buy are in stock). Another odd requirement was that the address you supplied Elusive matches the address associated with Paypal (which mine does).

So, I get to the order stage...and no option for Paypal. I reboot, go back in...nothing. I clear my cache, still nothing. So - I email them and present them my problem....a week goes by, no response. I then email them a 2nd time...nothing. Now, the deal is over and I've lost my chance.

Yes, it is things like this that make customers not return. Well, count me in as one that won't return. Horrible customer service. (yes, I checked my spam folder...no responses from them)

I find their name Elusive Disc offensive. I know it's just me, but it strikes me as a place where they expect to charge you more, and you expect to be charged more. It has a snooty vibe to the name. And I have been collecting a long long time, I have seen about everything.

I find their name Elusive Disc offensive. I know it's just me, but it strikes me as a place where they expect to charge you more, and you expect to be charged more. It has a snooty vibe to the name. And I have been collecting a long long time, I have seen about everything.

I mean to be helpful, not critical, but you might just be over-thinking this one.

Yes, it's an old single room schoolroom house. Insult? Why? This is truly wonderful. Awesome view, superior renovation.....you should be so lucky to still have these pieces of history. In Illinois, all we do is tear them down. No concern for history at all.

By the way - the rental is in Kempton, PA. Pretty area.

I was in Kempton last fall to ride the tourist train. What a beautiful area. I hope you had time to visit Dietrich's in Krumsville,Pa. If you like smoked meats you have to check it out. Krumsville is a short drive south from Kempton, right off I 78.

Have fun GOS, NYC is not the intimidating place that it used to be.....unfortunately in some respects. Living 4/7 of my week in Lancaster County I regularly travel over a covered bridge, dodge Amish buggies, and can easily get to the awesome state railroad museum in Strasburg. We do have a habit of hanging on to old ways around here. Have I told you about my Gramophone collection?

Last edited:
I was in Kempton last fall to ride the tourist train. What a beautiful area. I hope you had time to visit Dietrich's in Krumsville,Pa. If you like smoked meats you have to check it out. Krumsville is a short drive south from Kempton, right off I 78.

YES! Went to the little Inn, what a cool place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pink Floyd - The Wall Immersion set is $27 CAD on amazon.ca. If you've ever wanted the set, now is the time to get it. :)

The%20Wall_zpsz4huzocg.jpg

On September 16, there will be a CD/DVD combo released of a Pete Townshend concert performed in France January 1986. David Gilmour is in the band. This is not the same concert that was released on VHS & CD in 1986. (That concert, performed with the same band was from England in November 1985.) The French concert was filmed for the German TV show Rockpalast and has circulated on bootleg for decades. Hopefully, this new release will surpass the bootlegs in quality. (It is being released by Eagle Rock though; some of their archival releases aren't always the greatest.) The DVD has the following track listing:

1. Won't Get Fooled Again
2. Secondhand Love
3. Give Blood
4. Behind Blue Eyes
5. After The Fire
6. Slit Skirts
7. Blue Light
8. I Put A Spell On You
9. Hiding Out
10. The Sea Refuses No River
11. Face The Face
12. Pinball Wizard
13. A Little Is Enough
14. Rough Boys
15. Night Train.

The CD contains the same track listing but omits "I Put a Spell On You."

Import CDs has the best deal on this one at $15.59.

Other options:

Amazon $21.98
Bull Moose $19.97
Deep Discount $19.58.

Here's a clip from te original broadcast:

[video=youtube;LgRMIvDviUg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgRMIvDviUg[/video]

On September 16, there will be a CD/DVD combo released of a Pete Townshend concert performed in France January 1986. David Gilmour is in the band. This is not the same concert that was released on VHS & CD in 1986. (That concert, performed with the same band was from England in November 1985.) The French concert was filmed for the German TV show Rockpalast and has circulated on bootleg for decades. Hopefully, this new release will surpass the bootlegs in quality. (It is being released by Eagle Rock though; some of their archival releases aren't always the greatest.) The DVD has the following track listing:

1. Won't Get Fooled Again
2. Secondhand Love
3. Give Blood
4. Behind Blue Eyes
5. After The Fire
6. Slit Skirts
7. Blue Light
8. I Put A Spell On You
9. Hiding Out
10. The Sea Refuses No River
11. Face The Face
12. Pinball Wizard
13. A Little Is Enough
14. Rough Boys
15. Night Train.

The CD contains the same track listing but omits "I Put a Spell On You."

Import CDs has the best deal on this one at $15.59.

Other options:

Amazon $21.98
Bull Moose $19.97
Deep Discount $19.58.

Here's a clip from te original broadcast:

[video=youtube;LgRMIvDviUg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgRMIvDviUg[/video]

Thanks for that. Where Eagle Rock is not bothering to issue this on blu ray, I wonder if they feel it's not worth it (for the PQ). Cool to see DG, not a lot of video of him from that time period. LOL, everyone's dancing their asses off and David's tapping one foot, pretty typical of him :spot

I've always loved Give Blood. Am I wrong to believe that Pete got his biggest solo hit with that album?

Back