ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My apologies, not about music.

Could the owner of the blue rusty Volvo whose handle is fredblue please pick up your twins in aisle 4 and empty your bleedin' PM box so people can send you pictures of Jaclyn Smith.

Thank you!

My apologies, not about music.

Could the owner of the blue rusty Volvo whose handle is fredblue please pick up your twins in aisle 4 and empty your bleedin' PM box so people can send you pictures of Jaclyn Smith.

Thank you!

Oh bleedin' 'eck.. Sorry about that :eek:
Gimme a sec and I'll have a spring clean! :D

Bob Romano had commented in another thread about seeing TOTO and those of us that are fans surely know about Leland Sklar, who has frequented the role of bass player for them. He's a very recognizable man with his LONG gray beard and personally, he's one of my favorite bass players. Here is a great article (in interview style) with Leland (Lee) with some great stories about his past. This man has been around the block!! So cool...

Leland Sklar

Bob Romano had commented in another thread about seeing TOTO and those of us that are fans surely know about Leland Sklar, who has frequented the role of bass player for them. He's a very recognizable man with his LONG gray beard and personally, he's one of my favorite bass players. Here is a great article (in interview style) with Leland (Lee) with some great stories about his past. This man has been around the block!! So cool...

Leland Sklar

the result of a remarkable career spanning six decades and approaching 2,700 albums
:yikes

DeepDiscount.Com 15 percent off everything code EXTRA15

Good thru the 18th of Aug

Snood bought the new Neil Young Rust Never Sleeps bluray for 15.71 total delivered

Back ordered on Simple Minds New Gold Dream bluray for 18.09 total delivered

Not too shabby

They not charge card til shipped...so koooo on the back ordered Simple Minds :banana:

EDIT: They did charge my card for the Backorder for some reason.......hmmm no big but might give them a call tomorrow. They plainly state on their site they no charge til shipped

They say payment for Gold Dream was authorized, that is why me see it...not charged. Will check to see if pending payment goes final, but sounds feasible.

Last edited:

Leland Sklar

Thanks for posting GOS, he's a favourite of mine as well. I always loved his work with Phil, great to hear he's along for some face time with him next month! Hope something exciting comes out of it!

Thanks for posting GOS, he's a favourite of mine as well. I always loved his work with Phil, great to hear he's along for some face time with him next month! Hope something exciting comes out of it!

Uh, that interview was originally from 2014, so whatever Leland was doing with Phil has come and past, but Phil is performing as part of the Opening Night Ceremony of the 2016 US Open Tennis Championships on August 29th. (It will also be broadcast on ESPN) :)

Uh, that interview was originally from 2014, so whatever Leland was doing with Phil has come and past, but Phil is performing as part of the Opening Night Ceremony of the 2016 US Open Tennis Championships on August 29th. (It will also be broadcast on ESPN) :)

Awww crap.

Well, Metallica is releasing a new album sometime in November. I dunno how much I like this song, it certainly sounds like they are looking to their older thrashy roots....though the single probably means nothing in terms of trend of all songs. So, I'm not worried.... Metallica fan forever and we'll see how it sounds.

[video=youtube;uhBHL3v4d3I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBHL3v4d3I[/video]

Sounds great, love the lyrics and all we can hope it's not the most compressed disc ever made, Death Magnetic being the # 1 most compressed disc ever.

I'm more a fan of their music that has slower more complex music.....not so much the thrashy stuff. OK, well, I love their old thrashy stuff, not their newer thrashy stuff...if that makes sense. Absolutely love Kill "Em All. That is so epic...

Just a reminder for all you Canucks out there...The Tragically Hip perform their last concert tonight, live from Kingston, Ontario at 7:30 central time on CBC. I have my pvr set ;)

Well, since Clint isn't around lately to carry the "today is someone's birthday" wishes....I'd like to mention that today is Keith Moon's birthday. He was born on August 23, 1946...so he would be 70 if still alive.

An awesome drummer with dramatic flair...I always LOVED his drumming style. One of my top 5 drummers. Oh, and GET WELL CLINT!!

Well, since Clint isn't around lately to carry the "today is someone's birthday" wishes....I'd like to mention that today is Keith Moon's birthday. He was born on August 23, 1946...so he would be 70 if still alive.

An awesome drummer with dramatic flair...I always LOVED his drumming style. One of my top 5 drummers. Oh, and GET WELL CLINT!!

I love Moonie....I think he was bipolar....tends to happen with a lot of great musicians and artists....(according to Bill Bruford, Moonie wasn't a DRUMMER...he was a man "who hit things"...oh well)

Yesterday was Roland Orzabal, Tori Amos, Vernon Reid...and yours truly

:smokin

(Edit: also Claude Debussy's)

Back