ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, Mark. So my next question...when are you going to build a separate MANCAVE for yourself to house the thousands of new acquisitions you've acquired over the last year. Maybe I'm just projecting my own needs because I've run out of space eons ago. I had ALL these custom bookshelves constructed and they're already overflowing their banks. Just when you thought you've solved the storage problem.......more and MORE 'can't resist' goodies are released from the 'floodgates' of the recording industry.

Read your GREAT review of Coldplay and finally got my copy today. Can't wait to [treat] and HEAR IT!

Regards to Valentine Girl!
Awesome Ralph, Valentine Girl just told me that she, (now that the youngest has graduated from nursing school and VG is convinced, finally, that shes not coming back) that she would like me to put all my music in the upstairs bedroom and have that be my listening room/cave. That sounds cool but I have worked on my machine as you know for three years and it is stellar. So, to create another space stresses me out, not to mention she doesn't know how much money my brain is thinking, got to have some bad ass tower speakers.
I miss talking back and forth like we used to do on SA-CD.net (HR AUDIO.Net). I do go there occasionally but because there are no threads/forums it ends up being just a waste.

Awesome Ralph, Valentine Girl just told me that she, (now that the youngest has graduated from nursing school and VG is convinced, finally, that shes not coming back) that she would like me to put all my music in the upstairs bedroom and have that be my listening room/cave. That sounds cool but I have worked on my machine as you know for three years and it is stellar. So, to create another space stresses me out, not to mention she doesn't know how much money my brain is thinking, got to have some bad ass tower speakers.
I miss talking back and forth like we used to do on SA-CD.net (HR AUDIO.Net). I do go there occasionally but because there are no threads/forums it ends up being just a waste.

That is GREAT news, Mark! And I DO agree about FULL RANGE speakers. Problem is, those newer B&W big boys are whacky (in price) and B&W has changed ownership hands. http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Speakers/Home_Audio/800_Series_Diamond/800-D3.html

But I would take VG up on her generous offer but since you're in the construction line, I'm sure you'll DO THE RIGHT THING......ALL dedicated POWER outlets would be my first rule of thumb and then take it from there.

And bolt the door so you're locked in with your 120+ db system.

And BTW, have you grounded your mains (incoming power) with a copper spike. Makes a HUGE difference.

And yeah, I visit HRAudio.net from time to time but have posted NOTHING since the ole SA~CD.net disbanded. QQ IS MY NEW HOME.

So, Foreigner 4 is a classic album that takes me right back to my senior year in high school. Whoa.... Hearing this simply makes me feel so old. I have some of the greatest memories about this album...and my Cutlas 4-4-2 1972 killer car. Sitting on a hill in the country, bottle of wine..buzzed out of my mind...and my old girlfriend in the back seat. Man..... I'm sure you all have songs/albums that take you back.

I'm a big fan of Mr. C's and I think he did a superb job. :)

[video=youtube;FaaoTvEdKtA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaaoTvEdKtA[/video]

I know...I know. This forum really doesn't like, or have a spot for personal stuff.....since this is Clint's thread...guess I'll post here. Hurricane is gonna slam into east Florida and along South Carolina. I wish anyone from QQ who is in that area good safety during these tough times. Take care you guys...

I know...I know. This forum really doesn't like, or have a spot for personal stuff.....since this is Clint's thread...guess I'll post here. Hurricane is gonna slam into east Florida and along South Carolina. I wish anyone from QQ who is in that area good safety during these tough times. Take care you guys...

I second that! All the best to you and your families.

Thank You GOS & Simon - yeah Snood is in Orlando and the tracking takes it way too close to us. Any smidge to the west urrrrrrrrrrgh. Hoping it heads a lil more east and stays more out in the water

Hope everyone of ya QQers stays safe :snoodhug:

Hope everyone on QQ in/near its path is Ok. It looks horrendous, batten down the hatches folks.

Came home to Tales, BD, Ritchie Valens Greatest Hits, AF # 8, Pete Towsends Deep End, 5.1 , two RBCD's Chris Robinson, Anyway you Love,..... and Doyle Bramhall II Rich Man. I'm real good in 82 degree Ca. Peace and blessings to southern states.

Non-Surround, listening to Devo - Uncontrollable Urge

Edit: now this:

[video=youtube;3mbBbFH9fAg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg[/video]

Back