ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's make a deal, start the trailer, close your eyes and listen to the song. When it's done, open your eyes and Voilà! ;)

VERY GOOD IDEA!!!
Just followed instructions and I REALLY LIKED IT!!!!

Besides the fact that the vocal harmonies in "Because" are one of the most SUBLIME EVER (probably the MOST BEAUTIFUL EVER...man. those guys could create a new dimension with their voices..and it NEVER GETS OLD!!!!...)...very interesting...the younger generations"tinkering" with the BEATLES...it gives me hope for humanity!
Thanks, Simon!

My 3-D Music Experience

I had a QRS Pianomation system installed on my piano back in 1999. For those that may be unaware, these piano systems allow you to play special CDs that send an analog midi signal (AMI) to the piano that enables the piano to play by themselves and some CDs even have some orchestra background music that can be played through your speakers to accompany the music.

In the past, this was accomplished by setting up your CD player to split the (R) and (L) channel signals so that the AMI signal went through a wireless transmitter from the (L) channel and over to a wireless receiver installed on the piano and the (R) channel was split back out to a 2-channel mono signal to the receiver and your connected speakers. Rather than be limited to single CD playback, I burned all my QRS Pianomation CDs to MP3s and loaded them on iTunes on my iMac. Using Apple's Airplay in combination with two Apple Airport Express (AEX) access points, I now have one AEX connected to my stereo and it receives the RIGHT channel so I can play the accompaniment over my speakers above the piano, and the LEFT channel AMI is streamed to a second AEX that is directly connected to the Pianomation. In iTunes I’m able to use Airplay to stream to both AEXs at the same time in perfect synch.

What I like most, is there are quite a few albums that have been produced that have both the original artist music along with the piano accompaniment. All I can say is that my living room comes ALIVE with the piano playing along with the original album music of Billy Joel, The Eagles, Frank Sinatra and many others. I call it my 3D Music Experience. So, when I'm not in my car listening to my DVDAs, I'm now enjoying having access to about 1,000 tracks of Popular, Christmas and Classical music playing along with my piano, or what we call our "Piano Man." Just thought I'd share my personal music experience.
IMG_1855.jpg
IMG_1844-1.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 2.25.16 PM.jpg

Well - I just purchased a Seagate 1TB external backup...and backing up my music now. :) I got it from NewEgg for $46 shipped!!!! Great deal...one of those flash deals.

Well - I just purchased a Seagate 1TB external backup...and backing up my music now. :) I got it from NewEgg for $46 shipped!!!! Great deal...one of those flash deals.

With the number of releases you're purchasing you'll wish you bought a bigger drive very soon Gene.

Hope I'm posting in the right thread. Tonight on PBS starts an eight part series called Soundbreakings: Stories From the Cutting Edge of Recorded Music. It was the final project by Sir George Martin. Looks like it might be interesting.

It seems David Gilmour will no longer be touring - but will he do anymore albums? From yesterday's (14 Nov) copy of the Times (UK),
CCF15016_0000.jpg

It seems David Gilmour will no longer be touring - but will he do anymore albums? From yesterday's (14 Nov) copy of the Times (UK),
View attachment 27764

I'm glad he's going out on top with what I thought was his best solo album ("Rattle That Lock").
However, when it came to touring that album (and "On An Island") I just wish that he would have remembered that there are more cities in North America to play concerts in besides Los Angeles, Toronto, Chicago, and New York… (n)

Say what you will about Roger Waters, but at least he actually tours North America and visits lots of different cities so a lot more people can experience his concerts. (y)

OK, this is not trivia generated from the internet. This is something I just noticed...and it's a silly bit of info....

So, I have The Moody Blues SACD - TO OUR CHILDRENS CHILDRENS CHILDREN.

Oddly, here is exactly how the name of the disc shows.

FRONT COVER - TO OUR CHILDRENS CHILDRENS CHILDREN
SIDE OF COVER - TO OUR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN'S CHILDREN
BACK OF COVER - TO OUR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN'S CHILDREN

WHEN I WAS RIPPING IT - SONORE ISO2DSD SHOWS - TO OUR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN'S CHILDREN

Seems odd that nearly everywhere else it has the apostrophe, yet on front cover, it doesn't... :mad:@: :banana:

OK, this is not trivia generated from the internet. This is something I just noticed...and it's a silly bit of info....

So, I have The Moody Blues SACD - TO OUR CHILDRENS CHILDRENS CHILDREN.

Oddly, here is exactly how the name of the disc shows.

FRONT COVER - TO OUR CHILDRENS CHILDRENS CHILDREN
SIDE OF COVER - TO OUR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN'S CHILDREN
BACK OF COVER - TO OUR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN'S CHILDREN

WHEN I WAS RIPPING IT - SONORE ISO2DSD SHOWS - TO OUR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN'S CHILDREN

Seems odd that nearly everywhere else it has the apostrophe, yet on front cover, it doesn't... :mad:@: :banana:

They could've saved a lot of confusion and typos by just calling it TO OUR GREAT GRANDCHILDREN! :yikes

When I load RBCDs into my Meridian SooLoos, it's amazing what appears on the screen and what's on the disc I hold in front of me........wildly different covers, etc. Metadata doesn't lie..........or does it?

Am I the only person on this forum that would LOVE to hear Andy do a 5.1 mix of A Momentary Lapse Of Reason?? I love that album....wonderful IMO. :phones
You're not alone! But maybe removing Dogs of War and A New Machine. Hmmmm

You're not alone! But maybe removing Dogs of War and A New Machine. Hmmmm

No songs removed, please! If you don't like them, skip over them!
And yes, a 5.1 mix of "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" would be very cool, and because Roger is not on that one, it should be a much clearer path to getting a 5.1 mix of that album out than it has been for the "Early Years" mixes…

No songs removed, please! If you don't like them, skip over them!
And yes, a 5.1 mix of "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" would be very cool, and because Roger is not on that one, it should be a much clearer path to getting a 5.1 mix of that album out than it has been for the "Early Years" mixes…
Haha, that's what I usually do! Nick mentioned in one interview past week that the tuning of this album (replacing synths and drums ) was indeed complete. No indication for any release date or intention though

Back