ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aren't all the SW 5.1's of Tull (apart from Aqualung) also in lossy DTS?

They're in dts 24/96 which is technically lossy. However, there is a might big difference between dts 24/96 and core dts (which is 16/48)!

I agree that there's no reason for the format (dts 24/96) to even exist and all that... But it's at least very HD whereas core dts is very much not.
The PITA for consumers is that there are many media players and ripping apps that will only read the core dts part of the dts 24/96 program. (ie. support for the stupid thing sucks) I remember having to futz around for a while hacking different codecs and so on until I was able to decode it correctly. I'm comfortable enough to purchase discs with this format now but I imagine them getting lots of returns.

They're in dts 24/96 which is technically lossy. However, there is a might big difference between dts 24/96 and core dts (which is 16/48)!

I agree that there's no reason for the format (dts 24/96) to even exist and all that... But it's at least very HD whereas core dts is very much not.
The PITA for consumers is that there are many media players and ripping apps that will only read the core dts part of the dts 24/96 program. (ie. support for the stupid thing sucks) I remember having to futz around for a while hacking different codecs and so on until I was able to decode it correctly. I'm comfortable enough to purchase discs with this format now but I imagine them getting lots of returns.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

Playing this on behalf of my youngest son...he turns 23 today...and he LOVES Tame Impala.

[video=youtube;EyEB2AEqHxc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyEB2AEqHxc[/video]

Birthday greetings go out to Bill Withers on his 77th birthday...he was inducted this year to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame...on a personal side note this would have been my mom's birthday...I lost her a long time ago and when this day rolls around I think of her...good thoughts:)

To those that celebrate this day....HAVE A GREAT DAY and be safe:bounce17

Birthday greetings go out to Bill Withers on his 77th birthday...he was inducted this year to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame...on a personal side note this would have been my mom's birthday...I lost her a long time ago and when this day rolls around I think of her...good thoughts:)

To those that celebrate this day....HAVE A GREAT DAY and be safe:bounce17

Happy Birthday Mrs Eastwood!! (Mom) :)

I'm sitting here listening to a-ha and it just hit me. I totally forgot about the Audio Fidelity version of The Doors quad. I'm not in a hurry because I'm listening to my new speakers that make two channel sound like surround. And they're only two speakers. :)

Back