ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After some Level 42, I'm familiarizing myself with some of the tracks off The Doors Perception box set. :)

image.jpg

After some Level 42, I'm familiarizing myself with some of the tracks off The Doors Perception box set. :)

My goal was to listen to the first album, play the tracks that were on the "Best Of", then play the "Best Of" to compare. Unfortunately, I only made it through the first album on the box set and never did open and play the AF "Best Of' Quad. I was in one of those, play a couple to few songs off an album, kind of mood yesterday.

On another thread I mentioned a song from ..."back in the day" that really fires me up...still does...that song was (Don't Fear)The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult...several others mentioned it as well...well that group had another song that I remember..not quite on the same level as Reaper...but very good...

[video=youtube;ipqqEFoJPL4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipqqEFoJPL4[/video]

On another thread I mentioned a song from ..."back in the day" that really fires me up...still does...that song was (Don't Fear)The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult...several others mentioned it as well...well that group had another song that I remember..not quite on the same level as Reaper...but very good...

[video=youtube;ipqqEFoJPL4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipqqEFoJPL4[/video]

Yep was a great ALbum - Used to be one of my fave bands - Snood met Eric Bloom Back Stage during this tour.

Still though, Spectres is my fave album by them..........minus Godzilla (overplayed)

Die-hard fans insist that Blue Öyster Cult's first 3 records were their best, along with "On Your Feet, Or On Your Knees". I liked it when they turned a bit more commercial with "Agents Of Fortune", and along with "Spectres", my most played records by the band. "Cultösaurus Erectus" was played just as much too.

Just ordered this from Magenta, along with Christina's solo album, shame neither are in 5.1 :music

Magenta Singles-Distributors.jpeg

It's happened again...a Wes Montgomery sighting on another thread compels me to feature an artist...if you want to hear guitar greatness...just listen to some of these tunes..most jazz players had to take a backseat to the music of the 60's...the sheer numbers of great bands and the emergence of rock relegated jazz to the shadows...but Wes Montgomery decided to "go with the flow"...convert some of those popular songs to his style...and the result was impressive...pop..folk..rock...he didn't care if it was the Beatles or the Association..he made the songs his own...check out some of his songs

[video=youtube;ag1tSrMu8s8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag1tSrMu8s8&index=1&list=RDag1tSrMu8s8[/video]

One before I turn in.

Dinah Washington - I Wanna Be Loved (Verve 2005 CD release)

Fantastic sounding 1961 Mercury album featuring Quincy Jones plus a bunch of amazing players such as Joe Newman and Clark Terry on trumpet, Jimmy Cleveland and Kai Winding on trombone, and Al Cohn on tenor.

Back