ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone purchased and/or listened to the new Zappa CD, Dance Me This? It seems to be available only via zappa.com.

That is the best place to buy it...$18 plus tax and shipping is cheap compared to other places like amazon HERE..or Ebay HERE..or discogs HERE...looks like a valuable "collectible" in the future...if that interests you...

That is the best place to buy it...$18 plus tax and shipping is cheap compared to other places
...looks like a valuable "collectible" in the future...if that interests you...

Thanks, just ordered it. Not for collection, for listening. I happen to like a lot of his Synclavier stuff. :)

Was blasting her Live on Broadway CD and giving my subwoofer a workout and was wondering...WHATEVER HAPPENED TO HER???
Her first CD was a REFERENCE regarding recording and production back when I was in Berklee....

i do not recall to seeing here at QQ any mentioning of Manfred Mann but it's just amazes me they never did any
of their albums in quad albeit even their stereo could be considered very bold, aggressive, sounding so wide.
would be just great in surround, lots of stuff goes in it to disperse around the listener with all those voices, swirl
effects, flying guitar, keys. it has been for awhile i listened them but turn out still really very enjoyable music/execution.
wondering what SW think about this band?

[video=youtube;Nxqdq9Ag8Mc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxqdq9Ag8Mc[/video]

i do not recall to seeing here at QQ any mentioning of Manfred Mann but it's just amazes me they never did any
of their albums in quad albeit even their stereo could be considered very bold, aggressive, sounding so wide.
would be just great in surround, lots of stuff goes in it to disperse around the listener with all those voices, swirl
effects, flying guitar, keys. it has been for awhile i listened them but turn out still really very enjoyable music/execution.
wondering what SW think about this band?

[video=youtube;Nxqdq9Ag8Mc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxqdq9Ag8Mc[/video]
Yeah, Manfred Mann, that would be great. I really like Glorified, Magnified.

I've been listening to some old Jeff Beck to get ready for the AF disc that is coming. After listening to my german pressing of Beck ola which is killer I again wondered what's up with the ending to Rice Pudding. It just stops when it really starts to smoke. Was there ever a release that has the song continuing or is that all there is.

I've been listening to some old Jeff Beck to get ready for the AF disc that is coming. After listening to my german pressing of Beck ola which is killer I again wondered what's up with the ending to Rice Pudding. It just stops when it really starts to smoke. Was there ever a release that has the song continuing or is that all there is.

The original version of the song clocked in under 8 minutes..check this out...but there are longer versions out there...including this one at over 10 minutes

[video=youtube;7LXie9QoHJI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LXie9QoHJI[/video]

Yeah, Manfred Mann, that would be great. I really like Glorified, Magnified.

It was a long, long time ago...I was living in an apartment near a college and someone else in the complex was blasting some music. The song seemed so familiar, but I just couldn't place it. I finally realized it was someone doing a rock arrangement of Joan Armatrading's "Visionary Mountains". I didn't find out for years who it was...never had the nerve just go knock on the neighbor's door and ask "Who the HELL is this?!"

And just this morning, Radio Paradise played "All the King's Gardens" which is also from Armatrading's first album.

In a discussion about Loggins and Messina on one of these threads...someone mentioned this one and for a live performance the surround is pretty good..and the price is right if you like the content... 005.JPG

In a discussion about Loggins and Messina on one of these threads...someone mentioned this one and for a live performance the surround is pretty good..and the price is right if you like the content...View attachment 20774

Have you had a chance to watch the 1973 Midnight Special bonus material? I love the older footage sometimes...unless it's so bad you can't watch it...which I doubt...

Have you had a chance to watch the 1973 Midnight Special bonus material? I love the older footage sometimes...unless it's so bad you can't watch it...which I doubt...

Yes I watched the bonus material..the video is not very good...it's a DVD and it's dated...and the sound quality is also not very good on the bonus material...especially when compared to the main body of the concert..but the performance is very good..most notably Danny's Song...the main concert has very good sound quality...I think you would enjoy it..and at this price..it's worth it...nice preview for the upcoming SACD...

Admittedly, I haven't watched The Midnight Special bonus material on the L&M reunion DVD. I DO have that material on the Guthy-Renker Midnight Special DVD's. It seems pretty good to me (for '73), and no worse than the other Midnight Special material by other artists on that set.

I'm curious about the Air Supply SACD that is a "reissue"...I suspect it's a Hong Kong product...amazon says it was mastered from the original tapes...hmm...I wonder about that...maybe Quad Linda or the Multi Channel Maven can weigh in on this one...is this a "CD" sounding SACD..or is it a hi rez sounding disc...I would buy this one in a heartbeat if the sound quality is good...HERE

Here's a terrific audio doc on the making of 10cc's I'm Not In Love. It delves into their ingenious use of tape loops to create the haunting bed of vocals used throughout. Very clever stuff in the days before Pro Tools...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq7oGenbp2I

I love that video clip.
Watched it in a class about 3 years ago, and after that, I played that song a lot! (and still do)
Oh what I would give to be able to mix that song in surround! :)

Back