ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The latest classic rock tune to be used for mass marketing. :howl

Carpoolin' with the devil..... (David Lee Roth a cappella.)

[video=youtube;JSlPxMLDP-Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSlPxMLDP-Q[/video]

Well...Dream Theater has a new release...it's a concept album..and it's LONG...for those "blue light special" shoppers that frequent the poll threads these days and crave more content for their shopping dollar...this one is right up your alley...34 songs and over 2 hours long..it's not a surround release...and Richard Chycki has done the mix...lots of division about the quality of Richard's work with Rush...some like him others don't...I guess the marketing department must think Richard is a star...they boast about his involvement with Rush for this DT release..here is an overview of the album...and you can order it HERE

I will be ordering Dream Theaters The Astonishing today via HDtracks. Unfortunately with compressed rock music which I am sure this is on RBCD by getting it in 24bit vs 16bit, it just opens it up a bit but not much.

The latest classic rock tune to be used for mass marketing. :howl

Carpoolin' with the devil..... (David Lee Roth a cappella.)

[video=youtube;JSlPxMLDP-Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSlPxMLDP-Q[/video]

That car does look bad ass(y)...but when the subject of "classic rock" music being associated with tv...it takes me back to the CSI series....it was like a weekly promotion for the Who...I remember Don Henley joking about the Eagles music being used in 7-11 stores on the infamous old "muzak" system(elevator music)..

image.jpg
Thought some here might get a kick out of the custom CD display I built a while back.
Maybe some day I'll do one for DVD-A and other formats or just one that can situate multiple formats.

View attachment 24960
Thought some here might get a kick out of the custom CD display I built a while back.
Maybe some day I'll do one for DVD-A and other formats or just one that can situate multiple formats.

Very nice!...looking at the capacity(8 CD's across and 12 vertical)it appears to be 5 feet 6 inches high and 4 feet 4inches wide...looks to be metal construction..

...looks to be metal construction..

Copper, stained plywood, steel strut and weed-whacker string (the latter two components added later to keep CDs from falling forward).

The idea is that our albums have wonderful artwork sometimes, that we rarely see. I wanted to be able to see favorite albums all the time.
I am constantly reminded/encouraged to spin a disc because I see it up there.

Copper, stained plywood, steel strut and weed-whacker string (the latter two components added later to keep CDs from falling forward).

The idea is that our albums have wonderful artwork sometimes, that we rarely see. I wanted to be able to see favorite albums all the time.
I am constantly reminded/encouraged to spin a disc because I see it up there.

I like that idea(y)that's one thing I miss about vinyl...some awesome covers...

Lots of stuff arrived today, Boz Scaggs Dig, DVD-A 5.1, two Charlie Daniels RBCD Saddle Tramp and Nightrider both first version RBCD, Elton John's 4 DVD concert pack, Dream Theater, The Astonishing 24/96 digital download stereo, listening now, love it, but begs to be in surround, Alice And Chains Greatest Hits SACD 5.1. That will keep me busy, oh wait 24/192 digital stereo download of Alice Cooper's Greatest Hits.

I especially hope you'll like the "Dig" DVDA from Boz Scaggs. That was a surprise winner for me when I purchased it last year. Solid music with a very solid surround mix from the great Elliot Scheiner. (Which reminds me, I should dig it out again soon!) :)

Back