ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man - sometimes I can be slow when it comes to these programs I've been using lately....but...it JUST occurred to me that with DVD-AudioExtractor, not only can I RIP my DVD-V/A discs (only music), but I can go back into my old DVD collection and RIP the 5.1 audio from some of my favorites. Currently ripping Johnny Mathis - Live By Request. Wow...my eyes have finally been opened and soon (well, not soon as it takes a while) I will have a whole library of 5.1 FLAC files to listen to through Foobar with my favorite artists...that likely can't be found in newer formats. Gonna do Fleetwood Mac The Dance next.... :cool:

Yeah, in case anyone's wondering why Phil's got a cane, when he was recovering from back surgery last year, he fell and fractured his foot, hence the cane to help him walk while his foot mends.
But you're right that Tony and Mike look so much better. I guess that's the difference between only having had one wife like they have had and Phil who's had three...

Oh right, I don't follow his career etc so did not know that.. sad to hear, backs are terrible things (well, they are wonderful things but when you have problems.. oh man..) and unfortunate about falling while recovering.. though I was really more thinking about recent photos I have seen of him like this one where his face looks drawn and gaunt and he looks kind of wan, you know? .. if I were him I'd have some check up's.. for the big C etc.. no disrespect or offence, just saying.. I imagine he gets the best treatment money can buy.. but you know, Cancer does not discriminate.

I just pre ordered via Amazon the April 15th release RBCD, $15.00, of Santana IV.
I hope a 24bit download will be available but I always need a disc for the car.

I just pre ordered via Amazon the April 15th release RBCD, $15.00, of Santana IV.
I hope a 24bit download will be available but I always need a disc for the car.

I must admit that I missed the discussion about this upcoming release...and I don't know what...if any...surround is available for the "show"...plenty of combos available with LP's..CD's..and a blu ray...here is some general information

amazon us HERE
amazon uk here
deepdiscount here
bullmoose(shipping included in the price) here

For those of you (like me) who love Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music, he's just announced his first concert dates in North America as part of the Avonmore tour! I will most likely be at the Nashville show and am very much looking forward to my first Ferry concert experience! :)

12669439_10153251411442212_5058786731800820223_n.jpg

For those of you that missed XTC's Drums and Wires surround title...the 3rd party sellers on amazon have some excellent prices for both the DVD and Blu Ray versions HERE

Great price, Clint....and of course, GREAT 5.1 remix.

Finally sprung for the "corrected polarity" RBCD of XTC's Skylarking. Sounds great. Whether they can locate the multitracks for Skylarking is anyone's guess but, IMHO, that would make a spectacular BD~A in 5.1!

Great price, Clint....and of course, GREAT 5.1 remix.

Finally sprung for the "corrected polarity" RBCD of XTC's Skylarking. Sounds great. Whether they can locate the multitracks for Skylarking is anyone's guess but, IMHO, that would make a spectacular BD~A in 5.1!

The corrected polarity CD is gorgeous (better than any other previous CD of the album.) However, the corrected polarity 45RPM 2LP version is simply stunning. Unfortunately they were very limited and have been fetching up to $300 lately. Worth grabbing if you can find an affordable copy!

New music today for me, stone cold great. Tedeschi-Trucks Band, Let Me Get By, 2 disc set, stereo, RBCD. Very highly recommend. Soul, rock, Cajun, jazz, rhythm and blues, blues. Derek Trucks is as close to Duane Allman as you can get. Guranteed you will like it.

Another one received today

I also got they EJ Dream Ticket, Ephesus, not good IMO, Royal Hall, pretty good, Madison Square Gardens, awesome, fun, bright colors, big party, looks and sounds fantastic. I have not yet watched Disc 4.
Your posts are a bit confusing. It appears as though you are deleting the [/QUOTE] tag and that is causing the quoted portion to display incorrectly. Every [QUOTE tag must have a corresponding [/QUOTE] tag.

Your posts are a bit confusing. It appears as though you are deleting the
tag and that is causing the quoted portion to display incorrectly. Every [QUOTE tag must have a corresponding [/QUOTE] tag.[/QUOTE]

Yeah man, aint that the truth, confusing to me also. I am still learning the QQ site and making mistakes as I bump along
What I did there was I wraped the quote and then I deleted the photos so it got all screwed up.

Yeah man, aint that the truth, confusing to me also. I am still learning the QQ site and making mistakes as I bump along
What I did there was I wraped the quote and then I deleted the photos so it got all screwed up.

Are you hitting the "Reply With Quote" button?

Bottom right hand corner of the post you want to reply to, looks like this..

Back