ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snood agreed with both rtbluray and PrivateU....

Sat there cringing thru pretty much the whole tribute yeah

Was really under whelmed by the Glenn Frey Eagles tribute also....they looked bored and uninspired.

But yes the Maurice tribute with Stevie was pretty koo

Agree, Agree, Agree, Snood and RT. The usually dependable Lady GaGa was out of her element........But what was that Johnny Depp, Alice Cooper and Steve Perry vampire thingamajig all about? Loved Alabama Shakes and the BB King tribute and you can say what you want to about "Swifty" but Ms Taylor is a brilliant performer.

All in all, it was an enjoyable show but what bummed me out.......NO discrete surround except for ambience and audience applause in the rears. A suggestion for next year's GRAMMY Award Show: put Steve Wilson at the mixing board and prepare to be WOWED:banana:

Snood agreed with both rtbluray and PrivateU....

Sat there cringing thru pretty much the whole tribute yeah

Was really under whelmed by the Glenn Frey Eagles tribute also....they looked bored and uninspired.

But yes the Maurice tribute with Stevie was pretty koo

Agree, Agree, Agree, Snood and RT. The usually dependable Lady GaGa was out of her element........But what was that Johnny Depp, Alice Cooper and Steve Perry vampire thingamajig all about? Loved Alabama Shakes and the BB King tribute and you can say what you want to about "Swifty" but Ms Taylor is a brilliant performer.

All in all, it was an enjoyable show but what bummed me out.......NO discrete surround except for ambience and audience applause in the rears. A suggestion for next year's GRAMMY Award Show: put Steve Wilson at the mixing board and prepare to be WOWED:banana:

Oh Yeah the B.B. King Tribute was good toooooo..............Snood going to see Gary Clark Jr on Saturday at House of Blues Orlando.......be in geeeeeeeeeeeetar heaven :banana:

Was impressed by Alabama Shakes toooo and yes the Hollywood Vampires were the bleh.

Adele laid a bomb, out of tune.........had some sound issues and blamed the piano mic for sounding out of tune.

Oh Yeah the B.B. King Tribute was good toooooo..............Snood going to see Gary Clark Jr on Saturday at House of Blues Orlando.......be in geeeeeeeeeeeetar heaven :banana:

Was impressed by Alabama Shakes toooo and yes the Hollywood Vampires were the bleh.

Adele laid a bomb, out of tune.........had some sound issues and blamed the piano mic for sounding out of tune.

Is it me, or has Adele's voice been forever changed by her recent surgery? Yes, there WAS a snafu with the audio (a major drop out) but jeez, she doesn't hit those high notes like she used to.

Snood should enjoy the Gary Clark, Jr concert. He really is a brilliant artist.

And in closing, I'm sure Snood wouldn't throw Swifty out of bed ....... if he had the chance....to get in her pants! And then maybe she'll write a song about ya!

Is it me, or has Adele's voice been forever changed by her recent surgery? Yes, there WAS a snafu with the audio (a major drop out) but jeez, she doesn't hit those high notes like she used to.

Snood should enjoy the Gary Clark, Jr concert. He really is a brilliant artist.

And in closing, I'm sure Snood wouldn't throw Swifty out of bed ....... if he had the chance....to get in her pants! And then maybe she'll write a song about ya!

Snood never been a Taylor Swift fan........always thought she had no vocals that really stood up live without help. As far as looks, never thought much of her either...................but nowadays Snood can't be picky :p

Snood never been a Taylor Swift fan........always thought she had no vocals that really stood up live without help. As far as looks, never thought much of her either...................but nowadays Snood can't be picky :p

A LOT of artists today have heavy back~up vocalists while performing live because constant touring knocks the shit out of one's vocal chords. And as far as Snood can't be picky: women today like a man with a personality and a good sense of humor so you've got that covered, Snood. And yes, some love money and fame, too, but we won't go into that.

I got a few in the mail today...
001.jpg

004.jpg

Trying to catch up on all the forum action over the weekend....listened to some Bowie Blackstar on vinyl last night...also watched Celebration Day Blu-ray by the mighty Zep. What a great show that is...

Today is not so pleasant. Prepping for a presentation I have to give later this afternoon in Madison, Wisconsin. Yes, I have to give a presentation on a Sunday. In fact, 2 of them. One at 5PM and another one at 7PM. Then it's cocktail time.

Was digging through my music folder/email. Also found I pre-ordered SIDES Anthony Phillips from Amazon UK.....oh, and Thrust and Spectrum via DeepDiscount...

I just got another promo code from deep discount...not sure if it will work for others...good until Wednesday...promo code AWARD..

It worked for me, Clint. Just placed my order. Love those DD 15% off offers. They finally have the Hong Kong SACD Import of Santana's Greatest Hits. And also pre~ordered the Dylan Bootleg 5.1 SACD. They don't have a pre~order yet for the upcoming EW&F QUAD SACD but have GREAT prices (with the 15% off) on MOST AF QUAD titles and Stereo SACDs. Was also able to add two choice Criterion BD~V titles: In Cold Blood (4K remaster w/5.1 surround and The Graduate (4K remaster/5.1 surround).

As always, Clint.......many thanks.

It worked for me, Clint. Just placed my order. Love those DD 15% off offers. They finally have the Hong Kong SACD Import of Santana's Greatest Hits. And also pre~ordered the Dylan Bootleg 5.1 SACD. They don't have a pre~order yet for the upcoming EW&F QUAD SACD but have GREAT prices (with the 15% off) on MOST AF QUAD titles and Stereo SACDs. Was also able to add two choice Criterion BD~V titles: In Cold Blood (4K remaster w/5.1 surround and The Graduate (4K remaster/5.1 surround).

As always, Clint.......many thanks.

I love those Criterion titles...they do such a great job(y)

Back