Steven Wilson Steven Wilson Remixes Facebook/Twitter Pages!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read on Facebook today that the Wilson remix of The Seeds Of Love by Tears For Fears was completed last year and Steven says the 5.1 remix will likely be released end of 2018. Reason is the band is coming out with a new music CD, tour schedule etc, and that is there focus at present.

Nice read at SW facebook for 2017 recap and a bit of information on 2018 which we already knew about Roxy Music and Jethro Tull-Heavy Horses coming out.
I would love to be able to see the Albert Hall Shows SW is doing in 2018 as I am sure they will be great with special guests and different set lists for each day.
I like the plug SW put in that he is still waiting for Kate Bush and Prince Estate to remix to call him so that he can do in surround. Who knows maybe one day as SW said he was a fan of Rush and low and behold it sure took me by surprise with Rush AFTK being done a second time in surround this past year.

Here is link:

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/steven-wilsons-2018-new-year-update/

Nice read at SW facebook for 2017 recap and a bit of information on 2018 which we already new about Roxy Music and Jethro Tull-Heavy Horses coming out.
I would love to be able to see the Albert Hall Shows SW is doing in 2018 as I am sure they will be great with special guests and different set lists for each day.
I like the plug SW put in that he is still waiting for Kate Bush and Prince Estate to remix to call him so that he can do in surround. Who knows maybe one day as SW said he was a fan of Rush and low and behold it sure took me by surprise with Rush AFTK being done a second time in surround this past year.

Here is link:

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/steven-wilsons-2018-new-year-update/

I’m hoping Steven Wilson gets to tackle “Hemispheres” this year!
Kate Bush is one thing, but I’m highly skeptical that Prince’s estate would bother with 5.1 Surround remixes, but I’ve been wrong before!
At least Kate Bush is still alive so Steven could work directly with her if she ever became interest in 5.1 Surround.

:)

In discussing the repertoire for his upcoming tour, SW mentions the upcoming reissues of In Absentia and Deadwing that will start with vinyl editions. That sounds like there is more to come regarding these two titles. I know he had said in the past that he'd like to remix both of these, but I thought the label squashed the idea.

In discussing the repertoire for his upcoming tour, SW mentions the upcoming reissues of In Absentia and Deadwing that will start with vinyl editions. That sounds like there is more to come regarding these two titles. I know he had said in the past that he'd like to remix both of these, but I thought the label squashed the idea.

That was when the albums were still owned by WEA. The albums are now owned by Kscope, so Steven Wilson and the band are now able to release properly mastered reissues of both albums, and they will! :)

Steven Wilson just posted this photo on Instagram with the caption: "Original multi track master tape for one of the 5 greatest electronic albums (FACT!) ever made. #electronicmusic #krautrock #mastertape" (which is leading commenters to think he may be remixing this album for Tangerine Dream)

26158196_2112031712353359_4949873353927163904_n.jpg

:cool:Wow, I really hope so, an album I've played so many times and still love. There is something hauntingly beautiful about it. Even better if its the first of a series.......

Steven Wilson just posted this photo on Instagram with the caption: "Original multi track master tape for one of the 5 greatest electronic albums (FACT!) ever made. #electronicmusic #krautrock #mastertape" (which is leading commenters to think he may be remixing this album for Tangerine Dream)

26158196_2112031712353359_4949873353927163904_n.jpg

:cool:Wow, I really hope so, an album I've played so many times and still love. There is something hauntingly beautiful about it. Even better if its the first of a series.......

Phaedra is fantastic....I’ve been advocating for multichannel Tangerine Dream for years

Phaedra was the first vinyl LP I bought in 74 (my first album being In Search Of Space bought on cassette in 71 was it ever really mixed into Quad as reported but never released, I do wonder).
Phaedra is fantastic....I’ve been advocating for multichannel Tangerine Dream for years

Sweet!

Phaedra would be nice in 5.1. Some of their recordings are already filling the room in mere stereo (Zeit, Atem). Did TD ever relase any quad?

TD getting the SW treatment - awesome news!

Hope, if they're gonna go the boxset route, that they do a stand-alone BD.

Wonder if the early 2000's remixed Phaedra with that additional track might make the extras? Be a good time to bundle it all up on 1 disc.

Great news, Indeed. BTW, Tangerine Dream recorded four albums for Peter Baumann's Private Music Label (distributed by RCA] from 1988~1990 and a compilation of all four discs is available from AmazonUS: https://www.amazon.com/Private-Musi...keywords=the+private+music+of+tangerine+dream

Some have characterized this TD period as "new agey" but it's definitely worth a listen and for the price [used] may be worth adding to your collection.

Last edited:
Back