Steven Wilson Steven Wilson Remixes Facebook/Twitter Pages!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes for over an hour. It was a great effort, thousands of questions, many repeated, some inane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update from FB today:

Sorry folks, release dates for some of the Panegyric releases have slipped back slightly. Revised release dates as follows:

Yes (official) - Tales From Topographic Oceans 3CD/Blu-Ray + 2CD/2DVDA - 6th October

King Crimson 40th anniversary (80's albums) - 20th October

XTC - Skylarking CD/Blu-Ray remains on schedule for 13th October.

Also a reminder that my remix of Jethro Tull's "Stand Up" will be released on 18th November.

I'm very much focussing on my own music these days, but will certainly keep slotting in the remix projects whenever I can. The other already completed mixes, Roxy Music's debut and Tears for Fears "Seeds of Love", remain in a holding pattern. I hope both will come out next year, but then the Roxy album has been "next year" every year since I did it in 2012! In the meantime another set of XTC tapes from the Virgin era have been found, and I certainly plan to continue with the Tull series (This Was, Songs From the Wood...etc), so look out for these in 2017.

I'm still waiting for the call from Kate Bush haha!

we're all waiting for the call from Kate Bush! :eek:

(one of very few musical heroes I'd like to sit down and have a cup of tea with..
and try and persuade her to let Steven Wilson loose on her back catalogue treasures! :D )

I'm very much focussing on my own music these days, but will certainly keep slotting in the remix projects whenever I can. The other already completed mixes, Roxy Music's debut and Tears for Fears "Seeds of Love", remain in a holding pattern. I hope both will come out next year, but then the Roxy album has been "next year" every year since I did it in 2012! In the meantime another set of XTC tapes from the Virgin era have been found, and I certainly plan to continue with the Tull series (This Was, Songs From the Wood...etc), so look out for these in 2017.

I'm still waiting for the call from Kate Bush haha![/I]

The delays of the current releases do not bother me much at all. The same thing has happened in the past, and that has not diluted how great these releases have been and will continue to be.
What DOES bother me is the uncertainty of releases like "Roxy Music" and "The Seeds of Love". What the heck is taking Universal so long with these?!

But the best news of all?! "In the meantime, another set of XTC tapes from the Virgin era have been found." AWESOME!!!
I hope it's one of the four albums from 1980 to 1984, which includes "Black Sea", "English Settlement", "Mummer", and "The Big Express". (Never really liked the first two albums that much.)

Finally, how come no one has caught this yet? "I certainly plan to continue with the Tull series (This Was, Songs From the Wood...etc), so look out for these in 2017." So it looks like besides the folk trilogy ("Songs from the Wood", "Heavy Horses", and "Stormwatch") SW will also be remixing "This Was" in surround sound. Fine by me, but all I ask is that they release at least "Songs from the Wood" first, so John (tootull), please do whatever you have to do to relay that message to the powers that be!

Thank you, and g'day, gents! :)

Finally, how come no one has caught this yet? "I certainly plan to continue with the Tull series (This Was, Songs From the Wood...etc), so look out for these in 2017." So it looks like besides the folk trilogy ("Songs from the Wood", "Heavy Horses", and "Stormwatch") SW will also be remixing "This Was" in surround sound. Fine by me, but all I ask is that they release at least "Songs from the Wood" first, so John (tootull), please do whatever you have to do to relay that message to the powers that be!

Thank you, and g'day, gents! :)

Is "Stormwatch" on the drawing board....or is it wishful thinking?

Is "Stormwatch" on the drawing board....or is it wishful thinking?

AFAIK, yes, it is on the drawing board, and that album should be the stopping point as far as Steven Wilson's involvement is concerned.
From what I remember, "Stormwatch" actually contains SW's favorite Jethro Tull song, which is the song entitled "Dun Ringill", so I can imagine he's greatly anticipating getting to remix that album! :)

But the best news of all?! "In the meantime, another set of XTC tapes from the Virgin era have been found." AWESOME!!!
I hope it's one of the four albums from 1980 to 1984, which includes "Black Sea", "English Settlement", "Mummer", and "The Big Express". (Never really liked the first two albums that much.)

I'm with you, those are 4 of the albums I am most looking forward to and I can't see the first 2 being a priority as wouldn't think they would sell as well so I think we will get our wish and have one of these four come out next year, that is good news in deed.

peter

AFAIK, yes, it is on the drawing board, and that album should be the stopping point as far as Steven Wilson's involvement is concerned.
From what I remember, "Stormwatch" actually contains SW's favorite Jethro Tull song, which is the song entitled "Dun Ringill", so I can imagine he's greatly anticipating getting to remix that album! :)

Hopefully after that they can have someone like Jakko take over. I'd love to hear Broadsword and their Grammy-winning heavy metal album Crest of a Knave in 5.1 as well. :mad:@:

Wow. Skylarking, Tales, Stand Up and KC 80's box all to be released within the next 2 months? Plus more XTC tapes unearthed and more Tull a-comin'? Snoodian bananas all around, gents! :banana::banana::banana:

You forgot the quotes... "heavy metal";)

jt_flute_ad89_heavy_metal_instrument560.jpg

:burnout

I'm very much focussing on my own music these days,

I think this is still the best quote. It seems ages since HCE and when I saw him at the Royal Albert Hall. Also I want him to do another Storm Corrosion with Mikael Akerfeldt.

I think this is still the best quote. It seems ages since HCE and when I saw him at the Royal Albert Hall. Also I want him to do another Storm Corrosion with Mikael Akerfeldt.

As much as I want a new Storm Corrosion album (and trust me, I really want one! "Storm Corrosion" is the best thing SW has done since the dissolution of Porcupine Tree, IMHO) I wonder why Steven Wilson can continue on with Aviv Geffen as Blackfield, yet it's been 8 years since we have had a new album from no-man!
If SW can continue with one collaboration, why can't he continue with the other? Just a thought...

Funny, I posted the same on SHF earlier today in reaction to SW's FB post.
So, you're not fond of Black Sea & ES huh?
Those are the 2 I'm most hoping for.
Different strokes.

EDIT: I stand corrected and thought I must be mistaken.

Last edited:
Funny, I posted the same on SHF earlier today in reaction to SW's FB post.
So, you're not fond of Black Sea & ES huh?
Those are the 2 I'm most hoping for.
Different strokes.

I believe he was referring to XTC's first two albums, none of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim is correct. The two XTC albums I am not very fond of are "White Music" and "Go 2", when they had a more keyboard-dominated sound before the great Dave Gregory joined!
I am actually in full agreeance with you, milt. If the next XTC remix is "Black Sea" or "English Settlement", that will make me one really happy panda! :)

it's been 8 years since we have had a new album from no-man!
If SW can continue with one collaboration, why can't he continue with the other? Just a thought...

No inside info or anything, but Tim Bowness had a couple concerts scheduled in Poland for this November but have now beed rescheduled for 2017 and will feature "a very important additional musician" - could it be? Now of course Steven has played a few no-man shows since the Mixtape DVD was released, but with his revisiting Blackfield maybe he's found some new love for no-man as well. All speculation.

Tim is correct. The two XTC albums I am not very fond of are "White Music" and "Go 2", when they had a more keyboard-dominated sound before the great Dave Gregory joined!
I am actually in full agreeance with you, milt. If the next XTC remix is "Black Sea" or "English Settlement", that will make me one really happy panda! :)

Thought so. I wonder why SW didn't reveal which tapes were found. Sigh

Back