Steven Wilson Steven Wilson Remixes Facebook/Twitter Pages!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
https://www.facebook.com/swremixes
https://twitter.com/swremixes

Welcome to a new page dedicated to my various remix projects. I felt it was a good idea to set up a separate source for information relating to this part of my career, rather than posting it on the regular SW channels, as not everyone that follows my own music is interested in my remix work, and similarly I know there are some for whom the opposite is true.
So if you are in the latter camp, or someone who is interested in both strands of my work, please feel free to like this page for regular news of what I’ve been up to. Please note that as a rule I can’t talk about projects that I’m involved in (and may even have completed) if they have not been officially announced by the artist and/or record company. And let’s just say that at any given moment there are usually a few of those.
But nevertheless I hope this can act as a one-stop resource for advance info and release details of remixes that are officially available or announced.

Remixes expected to be released this year, but yet to be scheduled are; Roxy Music's first album, XTC “Oranges and Lemons”, 2 of Steve Hackett’s early Charisma albums, King Crimson “Beat”, another album from the Yes (official) catalogue, and perhaps one or two others. Further release information will be posted here when I have it.

PS I think a Mod should sticky this thread (or at least this post) so future readers have easy access to finding these pages. :)

Looking on the cover photo of the FB page, I can see Steve Hackett's Spectral Mornings. (y)

Aargh, I see you posted that already in the other post about SH's back catalogue. I hope the other is Voyage of the Acolyte.

"Perhaps One or Two others"

Besides other possibilities from the artists already mentioned (King Crimson "Three of a Perfect Pair", along with other Roxy Music, XTC, Steve Hackett, or Yes albums), I really hope that the Tears for Fears album "The Seeds of Love" is released this year in surround.
Other than that (and maybe some more Simple Minds albums), I'm always open to more pleasant surprises (except for Kajagoogoo…) ;)

From Steven on his Facebook page:

As some have requested here is a list of all my classic album remixes to date, including those yet to be scheduled for release.
Caravan - In the Land of Grey and Pink
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - ELP
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Tarkus
Gentle Giant - The Power and the Glory
Hawkwind - Warrior at the Edge of Time
Jethro Tull - Benefit
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick
Jethro Tull - A Passion Play
Jethro Tull - War Child
Jethro Tull - Minstrel in the Gallery
King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King
King Crimson - In the Wake of Poseidon
King Crimson - Lizard
King Crimson - Islands
King Crimson - Lark’s Tongues in Aspic
King Crimson - Starless and Bible Black
King Crimson - Red
King Crimson - Discipline
King Crimson - Beat *
King Crimson - Three of a Perfect Pair *
Roxy Music - Roxy Music *
Simple Minds - Sparkle in the Rain
Steve Hackett - tbc (2 titles) *
Tears for Fears - Songs from the Big Chair
XTC - Drums and Wires
XTC - Nonsuch
XTC - Oranges and Lemons *
Yes - The Yes Album
Yes - Close to the Edge
Yes - Relayer
Yes - tbc *

* yet to be released
On a personal note, if you are a fan of great music in 5.1 surround, please allow me to point you towards the relatively less known XTC and Gentle Giant albums as being amongst my favourites on this list (music and mix).

Well, you heard the man! Go check out the XTC and Gentle Giant mixes if you haven't already! :)

I wonder which XTC he is talking about? I have had NONSUCH for some time now and it never really clicked with me.

I think he's talking about both of his XTC remixes released so far. They are definitely one of his favorite bands, so those remixes are definitely a big labor of love for him, and it shows! :)

"Perhaps One or Two others"

Besides other possibilities from the artists already mentioned (King Crimson "Three of a Perfect Pair", along with other Roxy Music, XTC, Steve Hackett, or Yes albums), I really hope that the Tears for Fears album "The Seeds of Love" is released this year in surround.
Other than that (and maybe some more Simple Minds albums), I'm always open to more pleasant surprises (except for Kajagoogoo…) ;)

Let the sleuthing commence..!! :p

I wonder which XTC he is talking about? I have had NONSUCH for some time now and it never really clicked with me.

XTC - 'Drums and Wires', is almost like a different band

'Oranges and Lemons' which is to come is closer to Nonesuch but has a much different feel to it, Pat Mastelotto drummed on that album as well.

There aren't too many samey XTC albums if you don't like one then the next you might.

I love them all if they can find the tapes to their first two albums that would make it for me, especially some of the outtakes that originally appeared on the Coat of many Cupboards box

Cool - appreciate you comments. I don't have D&W yet....but may still get it.

XTC - 'Drums and Wires', is almost like a different band

'Oranges and Lemons' which is to come is closer to Nonesuch but has a much different feel to it, Pat Mastelotto drummed on that album as well.

There aren't too many samey XTC albums if you don't like one then the next you might.

I love them all if they can find the tapes to their first two albums that would make it for me, especially some of the outtakes that originally appeared on the Coat of many Cupboards box

Cool - appreciate you comments. I don't have D&W yet....but may still get it.

If I get a feel for the kind of music you like, straight forward Rock n' Roll, you should like a good portion of Oranges & Lemons. There are a lot of Rockin' songs on that one. You would like English Settlement too, if we ever see a surround mix on that one. I don't see you liking Drums & Wires (most of it) or any of their earlier work but I could be wrong. :)

Thanks Bro - you very well might be reading me right.

If I get a feel for the kind of music you like, straight forward Rock n' Roll, you should like a good portion of Oranges & Lemons. There are a lot of Rockin' songs on that one. You would like English Settlement too, if we ever see a surround mix on that one. I don't see you liking Drums & Wires (most of it) or any of their earlier work but I could be wrong. :)

Wasn't there talk of SW also doing Roxy's For Your Pleasure? I was disappointed not to see it on the list.

Wasn't there talk of SW also doing Roxy's For Your Pleasure? I was disappointed not to see it on the list.

Like Steven says:
Please note that as a rule I can’t talk about projects that I’m involved in (and may even have completed) if they have not been officially announced by the artist and/or record company. And let’s just say that at any given moment there are usually a few of those.

The 10" was a way of officially confirming and announcing Steven Wilson's remix of the first Roxy album, but if no one has officially said anything about "For Your Pleasure", he might feel that he can't yet say anything about it either (regardless of whether or not he's actually remixed it yet).
I do hope we'll get both this year, but if not, I'll gladly take the first one and wait for any others to appear along the way. :)

It would be a real thrill if Steven would continue with both catalogues of HAWKWIND and CARAVAN.I hope those projects haven't come to a complete standstill?

But of course the "thrill"is not gone, as long as he continues his Roxy Music!

It would be a real thrill if Steven would continue with both catalogues of HAWKWIND and CARAVAN.I hope those projects haven't come to a complete standstill?

But of course the "thrill"is not gone, as long as he continues his Roxy Music!

Seems to me like the Caravan, Hawkwind, and Gentle Giant remixes were one-offs (unless they can find more Gentle Giant tapes), so I wouldn't expect anymore from those artists at this point.
And frankly, I would only want more Caravan remixes if they were licensed to a label that would treat them properly (like Panegyric or especially Esoteric).
The Hawkwind set was fantastic, but I'm not as into their music.

There's enough good stuff slated for this year to keep me perfectly satisfied. :)

Back