I just bought this Stereo FLAC download

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Man, Acoustic Sounds is going crazy with Flac files. I wish they would push DSD downloads as much as they are pushing FLAC files. Oh well, I hope I can find many of the FLAC files that currently don't exist on SACD, etc. Just bought this.....and got 10% off.

XWAR903092F192__105601__04282015123943-1201.jpg

If Rhino would just sell these files on their own website we wouldn't need 10% off.

Oh boy......Clint will turn over in his grave.....oops....well...not his grave. but....

I just bought Led Zeppelin (one).......FLAC 96khz.....hehe. I honestly cannot wait to see what this sounds like....I have multiple CD's of this title...so will be easy to compare.

XWAR20143F96__99376__08122014113845-3459.jpg

The new LZ remasters sound excellent.

Well, upon first listen...I agree. This version WAY trumps all other CD issues I have heard. I am so pleased with this. Outstanding!!

And now purchased Houses Of The Holy. I'm on fire......this is such amazing music....and this is the very best I've ever heard it. Hands down...

I love Houses of The Holy...probably my favorite Zep album...but...well...ugh on the download part...I need to get that one on an early version CD...I have sworn that I wouldn't buy any more Zep music until Jimmy Page was not involved in the production...last purchases were the 1990 double CD "remasters" and then the ill fated Celebration concert blu ray...both flops...

Update:...I got that 1990 double CD set back out(title is remasters) and listened to disc 2 and it's not as bad as I remembered...so thank you Gos for mentioning Zep

Last edited:
I know...I had the same thoughts...but I was impressed with the initial purchase...I bought the other 2....got too late and I didn't get to listen to them. But maybe will tonight...

I love Houses of The Holy...probably my favorite Zep album...but...well...ugh on the download part...I need to get that one on an early version CD...I have sworn that I wouldn't buy any more Zep music until Jimmy Page was not involved in the production...last purchases were the 1990 double CD "remasters" and then the ill fated Celebration concert blu ray...both flops...

Amin Bhatia - The Interstellar Suite 25th Anniversary Edition - 5.1 FLAC. My first FLAC download purchase, which I promptly made into a DVD-A disc!

Its quite immersive, excellent sound quality, musically sort of classical/film score Tomita style.

But just the 5.1 alone was £18 (about $28), if you want the stereo its another £17 (about $25), they have to be bought separately. So if they had made a BD-A which has never materialised it would have been way over $50!

Amin Bhatia - The Interstellar Suite 25th Anniversary Edition - 5.1 FLAC. My first FLAC download purchase, which I promptly made into a DVD-A disc!

Its quite immersive, excellent sound quality, musically sort of classical/film score Tomita style.

But just the 5.1 alone was £18 (about $28), if you want the stereo its another £17 (about $25), they have to be bought separately. So if they had made a BD-A which has never materialised it would have been way over $50!

Maybe it would be helpful if you tell us where you got it from....I will do the same in the future. :)

My wife just made my day. I was playing a download FLAC of Simon Garfunkel Hits....and she said "whoa, I've never heard that saxaphone before". She had NO clue what I was playing and on what format.....so......there is a testament to the quality of some of these hi-rez downloads and their improvements. She only knew that the version she had heard all these years had muffled that instrument and now it was much more clear....

This is so cool.

My wife just made my day. I was playing a download FLAC of Simon Garfunkel Hits....and she said "whoa, I've never heard that saxophone before". She had NO clue what I was playing and on what format.....so......there is a testament to the quality of some of these hi-rez downloads and their improvements. ....
What song was it?

Anyone else get a 20% off coupon from hdtracks ? Need to find something to use this for.

What song was it?

That's a good question...24 hours later and I don't recall. And....it wasn't a sax....more like a damn oboe or something.....I'll have to play it again. Me and the wife are not sure.....what the instrument was...either way...she'd never heard it so pronounced before.

Just bought this one for $2.49 and have played it a few times. 24 bit 44.1 (seems new music is all 44.1 for some odd reason).

Attachments

• spears_prettygirls.jpg
    spears_prettygirls.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 491
Back