I just bought this Stereo FLAC download

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recently I've tried purchasing high res downloads via Pono, and HD Trax. Living in Australia, all I can say it was a very underwhelming experience as they both restrict purchases (Pono: US and Canada only) and HD Trax most items are region restricted.

I'll just put it down to higher powers ensuring that I protect my credit card for hi rez surround goodness.

Wouldn't mind hearing from someone though if the Vs: Pear Jam album though is worth owning twice, but this time in 192khz? If so, I may have to get dual citizenship.

Hi mate, I'm another Woody in Australia too and only just saw your post. I was a keen customer of both Pono and HD Tracks until they tightened their restrictions.... lucky now there are VPN's to keep the supply flowing. :music

I have Ten (24-88), Vs. (24-96), Vitalogy (24-96) and Lightning Bolt (24-44), with the first 3 being the remastered versions. I'm not a huge fan of PJ but I like to check out rock in Hi-Res when I see it. 'Vs.' is quite good, all their titles have a good increase in detail and the soundstage is evened out nicely. Thankfully the bass is solid and full. They are a bit bright in places but being 90's productions in higher res, that's not overly surprising.

I know i can be crazy as a loon sometimes and here I am to confess. I purchased the Rolling Stones Japanese SHM CD Mono Box Set from CDJapan, like around $400.00 with tax and whatever. Beautiful, love it, BUT, still 16bit/44.1Khz. So about an hour ago I purchased the same box set, digital download 24/192 from Acoustic Sounds $185.00, $600.00 for the same thing double dipped. I feel ridiculous but the mono is more than I expected, brilliant, and I am a Stones fan of course. So all I can hope for is the 24bit download opens up a bit. I felt the music was stunning on the 16bit but the vocals would top out a little bit. Oh well, call me a fool, but I often get trapped between being an audiophile and a collector of hard copy's, box sets, etc. OK, now I feel better. And to stay on topic if this box set gets released in DSD download, I'll just have to say no.

image.jpg
Pre order from bandcamp, 16/44.1
https://mellergolyzniakduda.bandcamp.com/releases

I bought Kiln House, Bare Trees, Future Games & Mystery to Me.
Beside the excellent music on the first 3, they all have significant memory places in my life.
I have the original vinyl of MTM but no digital version.

I bought Kiln House, Bare Trees, Future Games & Mystery to Me.
Beside the excellent music on the first 3, they all have significant memory places in my life.
I have the original vinyl of MTM but no digital version.
Solid milt, I did the exact same purchase last week. I love Kiln House, used to have a little cassette recorder that I had that as one, playing while smoking in the bathroom in high school.

Elvis Costello - Imperial bedroom 24.96 and it Aweeeeeeeeeeeeesome :banana:

HDTracks

Have to go old school for my buddy Ralph, earlier today I purchased Mack The Knife, Ella Fitzgerald In Berlin stereo 24/192 & Ella Fitzgerald, Sings Sweet Songs For Swingers, stereo 24/192.

John Mayer - The Search For Everything 24/96
Gorillaz - Humanz 24/96
Goldfrapp - Silver Eye 24/44
Fleetwood Mac - Tango In The Night (Remastered Deluxe) 24/96

Back