I just bought this Stereo FLAC download

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a stereo weekend. If it's good it's good.
Marpow, very interested in your take on Decade.
I balked at the price HDTracks is charging although I'm a huge Neil fan and have pretty much as his stuff for better or worse.
As for the poster who asked about CSNY, assuming you're asking about Deja Vu, the download is the best version I have and I have many.
It could really benefit from a remix and mastering.

Stravinsky, Music for Violin, Volume 1 (BIS 2245, 2017). Ilya Gringolts, Peter Laul. FLAC 24/96.

Brilliant performance. Conservative surround but well-mic'd, full and present.

What I like about eClassical--apart from the great prices, including regular weekly bargains--is the ability to download in multiple formats. And you always get the booklet and inlay card.

5007422-origpic-3c6aab.jpg_0_0_100_100_1600_1600_0.jpg

I've Deja Vu on Brown vinyl, I got it at some point in the late 70s, looks awful!

I balked at the price HDTracks is charging although I'm a huge Neil fan and have pretty much as his stuff for better or worse.
As for the poster who asked about CSNY, assuming you're asking about Deja Vu, the download is the best version I have and I have many.

I bought the Decade and Dejavu this weekend, listened to both HDTracks 192Khz stereo editions and of course I think they are great, a few little nuances, drums and bass sound great. I will admit I did a half critical listen, sometimes walking away and listening while the music filled my little shack.

Mahler, Symphony No. 5 (BIS-2226, 2017). Minnesota/Vänska. 96/24 5.0. Purchased on eClassical.com a few weeks back, when it was on sale. Can the world have too many Mahler 5th's? I don't know, but sonically, this is miles beyond the other two multi-channel versions I have: the Japanese SACD of Bernstein, from the original Columbia 3-channel masters (with synthesized rears), and the Pentatone reissue of Philips's Haitink, with its echo-y concert-hall quad.

5008209-origpic-3e4556.jpg

I bought the Decade and Dejavu this weekend, listened to both HDTracks 192Khz stereo editions and of course I think they are great, a few little nuances, drums and bass sound great. I will admit I did a half critical listen, sometimes walking away and listening while the music filled my little shack.

Deja Vu is the real deal. Another MFSL vinyl retired. Sounds like I'm listening to the tape that vinyl was cut from. :)

Got an email from HDTracks showing some recently added John Denver.....big fan as I've mentioned on the forum. Among others, they added his 2nd album from 1970...which I've never heard! It does contain the hit Follow Me...which I honestly didn't know he wrote as others covered it.

Anyway, I bought it from Acoustic Sounds and with the 20percent code, got it for $14.98 I think. Great music, maybe a bit non traditional output by Denver. It's 96/24...

John Denver - Take Me To Tomorrow.jpg

I just purchased Montrose, Montrose Paper Money, and Deep Purple In Rock from HDTracks.HD825646032990_185.jpgHX603497871797_185.jpgHX603497871810_185.jpg

They Montrose self titled was released before in HiRes FLAC but now again with extra live tracks, I have probably bought this release 10 times.
The Paper Money has live tracks also and different.
What's a few bucks more for Deep Purple?

Now that I am starting to do things different I must admit the music files played via JRiver, From PC, USB cord directly to D150 DAC sounds noticeably better than how I used to play Bluesound Vault, there app, optical in to the DAC.

I would say that the $33 (10% discount) DSD version of Satanic is well worth the money. It is punchy, with superior sound. This is my go to version of this iconic album. It has both stereo and mono versions. The mono rocks.

HDTracks is now selling the corrected version from the David Bowie, A New Career In A New Town (1977 - 1982) (Expanded Edition).
CONTAINS CORRECTED "HEREOS" ALBUM FROM OCTOBER 11th RE-RELEASE

I have always wanted the SW remix of Jethro Tull's Thick As A Brick, but still remains too expensive as it is but HDTracks now has the SW remix, 24/96 stereo for $17.98, wish I had the surround but the SW stereo remix is second best.
51Sb5WPO2oL._AC_US400_QL65_.jpg

Finally, early Steve Miller in Hi Res, stereo 24/96. My dream is for all his to be in surround but this is a step in the right direction. This album Children Of The Future would be great in surround. Thanks in advance, I already own Joker, Fly Like An Eagle.
HD00602567443438_185.jpg

Back