I just bought this Stereo FLAC download

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Sukothai it Snoooooooooood :banana:

Question about above statement referring to Cirlinca burning FLAC files to DVD?? Will it burn 5.1 FLAC files to DVD as 5.1 surround?

Yes, Cirlinca will burn the 5.1 FLAC to 5.1 DVD-A. Cirlinca decompresses the FLAC to WAV (PCM) before burning, but will not do MLP compression; so there is one caveat.

The caveat:
Since DVD-A is limited to 9.6 Mbps and 5.1 channels of 96/24 = (6*96000*24) = 13.824 Mbps, you will need to down convert your channels to 48/24 before using Cirlinca since it doesn't support MLP. Actually, Cirlinca will down convert for you, but I have more trust in AudioMuxer; so I down convert the FLAC with AudioMuxer first before burning with Cirlinca.

If your source FLAC is already 48/24 or less, then there are no caveats and you can burn away.

I use Cirlinca "HD-Audio Solo Ultra 4.4" to burn FLAC to DVD, but I'm not sure if it will work with Wine.

Cirlanca Kicked Ass - Thank You Sukothai & Cygnus :snoodhug:. The free trial gives you like 30 days or like 5 dvd-audio burns (something like that)

After burning about 5 albums that Snood had just the 5.1 flacs.........they played perfectly.

So Snood sprung for the 68 dollar license :yikes - but it burned so gooooooooood :banana:

Might have to buy some cheaper Rum for the next couple months :cool:

Capture_2.jpg

sexy...click on the pic

$13.58 with the coupon code hdmarch18 ... playing currently on my ipod through four JBL loudspeakers
Money well spent. Sounds fantastic. Solid bass.

I dunno. It sounds OK, nothing ground breaking. The DR is low on this...well, 7-8 I'd say. It's loud too....rocks pretty good I guess. I bet the recently released SACD is better....
So you bought both?

No, I don't have the SACD yet.....for some reason, I thought the download would give me an indication how the SACD sounds...but that's probably not even accurate thinking...
I've got the Heartbeat City download (24/192) but I will be buying the SACD when it becomes available.

This is a pretty good deal. Cheapest download ever, besides those occasional free ones.
foghat_live.jpg

Excellent bass!

Last edited:
This one is on sale right now. Under $18 at ProStudioMasters, although I bought mine from HD Tracks before I got their email. Comes with a DIGITAL BOOKLET! And it's all MONO. Has both versions of I Gotta Get Out Of This Place (UK and USA).
animals.jpg

UK Singles Chart - #2, 1965 - We Gotta Get Out Of This Place
UK Singles Chart - #3, 1965 - Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood
UK Singles Chart - #7, 1965 - It’s My Life

This is the CD version: www.amazon.com/Mickie-Most-Years-More/dp/B00FBBW4MA
I'll be looking forward to Disk 5... even has some stereo content.

Last edited:
In the mood for some organ music today. This is the first classical album I've ever downloaded... 24 bit, 178.4 k ... odd how this isn't out on DSD or SACD. It comes with a 20 page PDF booklet.

organ.jpg

In the mood for some organ music today.
Great choice - what a wonderful symphony. I love how the Presto movement trails off so gently and quietly, then the Maestoso knocks you out of your seat, whee! Plus, being in the key of C, there's real 16 Hz goodness in those organ pedal notes on a good recording.

Back when I had a really good car system with nicely-tuned subs, I might have been known to crank up the Maestoso on the occasion of having to sit at a red light next to some kids playing obnoxious, boomy hip-hop music. The looks on their faces was priceless.

-- Jim

Picked this up cheap. It has the entire contents of the stereo version of the DVD-A. Orig album, new mix album, and all those bonus tracks, except that the bonus tracks are 44.1. The rest is 24/96.
bss.jpg

Picked up Huey Lewis & The News 'Sports', and Coldplay 'A Rush of Blood to the Head' from Pono, both in 24/96... and 'Pure McCartney' [Deluxe 24/44] and The Monkees 'Good Times' [24/48] from HDTracks.
Also got Radiohead's 'A Moon Shaped Pool' as a 24/44 bonus download when I bought the Limited Edition white vinyl. Loving it.

Back