Ian Cooke new album "Antiquasauria" released Aug. 7th

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did my first listen to the DVD-A today in the car, back and forth to work so I got the whole thing in. Wow, it's a fantastic mix and quite a lyrical event. It does sound a lot like a YES album at first. I did not read the lyrics or see any of the video before I heard it, so I still have that to look forward to.

It's a very original story, and each "song" seems to be told from the point of view of each type of Dinosaur in the story. It's very clever. I was concentrating on the lyrics so much in the car that the ride flew by! The cello is quite stunning and creates an excellent effect, sometimes in the front left, sometimes in the front right. I am going to do another listen tomorrow and this weekend will do the whole thing.

But, on first listen, it's quite amazing. Progressive fans should love this one.

Ordered from Amazon.com now.
I tried to order from Ian Cooke's own site, but shipping costs were not acceptable.

I want this one too, and it doesn't seem to be on sale at Amazon UK yet. IMachine - how much was the Amazon.com shipping cost to Europe?

Amazon UK now seems to have this up, it wasn't there earlier!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B010FP0VKS?ref_=pd_ybh_2

Some good prices from 3rd party sellers. I'm assuming (and hoping) that this is the correct product.

Sweet! Well, here is the Amazon US link...and it appears one could just order and get it as it's in stock...

http://www.amazon.com/Antiquasauria-CD-DVD-Coloring-Book/dp/B010FP0VKS/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441369403&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=Antiquassaria&pebp=1441369407516&perid=002SVZ8TFXGKPA29A4HA

Hello all. I can assure you all versions contain the DVD with the surround mix. There is not a CD-only, nor a LP-only version available online. Our label just didn't tell Sony/RED (our distributor) all of the information so it has taken some time to get it corrected. Thanks!

Once you've heard it, I'd love it if you'd join me on the Antiquasauria thread for some discussion about the album and packaging.

Links: Album stream, and QQ poll.

Back