Ian Cooke new album "Antiquasauria" released Aug. 7th

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterzach

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Add this one to the great releases coming out in 2015. IMO this is a must buy, preorder completed. Thanks to the people from here who got me hooked on Ian Cooke's album-"The Fall I Fell" I have been eagerly anticipating Ian's next 5.1 which is now finally up for preorder. Can't wait to hear the great music on this album and the surround should be amazing as our own Neil Wilkes has mixed it. Here is information and some links to check out some samples etc.
I think this is a Dvda, just getting that clarified.

Link: http://greaterthancollective.limitedrun.com/products/550121

Videos:
Epilogue: https://youtu.be/_rHbS18_ERo
Quetzalcoatlus: https://youtu.be/zBQV8RoRTK0

Audio:
https://soundcloud.com/popshop-2/ian-cooke_epilogue
https://soundcloud.com/popshop-2/ian-cooke-quetzalcoatlus

There are 4 formats for Ian Cooke's upcoming album, "Antiquasauria". The album will be released Friday, August 7th, and pre-orders will receive an automatic download of two songs: Quetzalcoatlus and Epilogue, PLUS a download of the Antiquasauria font and coloring book! Formats include:

DVD / CD / Book / Origami $15
Limited Edition 12" Vinyl Record and DVD / book $20
Limited Edition Print $35
Hand-Colored Limited Edition Print (bundle) (only 5 of these) $75

DVD / CD / Book / Origami $15

Origami CD jacket containing:
DVD including a 5.1 surround mix of Antiquasauria by Neil Wilkes (King Crimson, Yes, XTC, Jethro Tull) plus lyrics, instrumental mixes, and more.
CD and a 16-page coloring book with lyrics.
BONUS: download of the Ian Cooke-designed font "Antiquasauria" and a digital version of the coloring book and lyrics.

Limited Edition 12" Vinyl Record and DVD / book $20

Recycled paper jacket. Black or translucent amber vinyl. 16-page coloring book. Band painting by Heather Reynolds. Artwork, font, design, and drawings by Ian Cooke. DVD includes the 5.1 surround sound mix and extras and is included inside the record jacket.

Includes high-quality download in MP3, WAV and more.

Limited Edition Print $35

One of 60 total prints, 50 of which will be available publicly, 10 of which are available here. Carved and printed by Emi Brady. Includes a download of the album.

Hand-Colored Limited Edition Print (bundle) $75

One of only five prints to be hand-colored by artist Emi Brady, out of 60 total prints. This bundle will also include the LP, DVD/CD, coloring book, and font download. Art is 20 x 13.

Neat.
If Neil Wilkes is heavily involved with this release, I hope he stops in here and tells us more about it.
He's been rather absent from the main forum for the last three months...

Neat.
If Neil Wilkes is heavily involved with this release, I hope he stops in here and tells us more about it.
He's been rather absent from the main forum for the last three months...
a good thing for Neil, assuming he is very busy with all kinds of authoring and mixing work.

Still it would be nice when he drops by and gives background info.

Origami? - Yes, that's what we need: A piece of paper and a book with instructions how to fold the succer.... :D

-Kristian

It looks remarkably similar with the origami packaging to 'The Fall I Fell'..
WIN_20150503_093216.JPG

I'm pretty sure this will be a DVD-A as Neil is involved...

Ordered!!

Hello all! First, thanks for your interest. It's been a joy to work with Neil on this. As he's been working on the mixes in London, we've been working on many things in Denver. Similar to the science that is the basis of this album, this Antiquasauria project is still evolving. The stereo mix has been mastered but we continue to work on building dinosaur costumes, printing coloring books, printing the CD jackets and folding them (don't worry Kristian...all of the origami will be done for you), making video content, booking shows, etc.

The DVD will include:
Surround mix of the album
Instrumental mix (we've re-recorded melody parts on cello, rather than just muting vocals)
Animated lyrics with time-lapse video of drawings
Plus other extras.

We will be releasing video content each Thursday in anticipation of the release. Music videos, interviews, artwork, etc.

I'm quite excited to hear reactions the the album. It is certainly the most challenging and most complex music that we have created - an album that will reward repeat listens. It's a progressive musical journey through 200 million years of evolution, and it's about DINOSAURS!!!!! but it's also about universal themes of survival and legacy.

Feel free to post reactions to the songs and videos here. www.iancookemusic.com will have some info, and our youtube page is here: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePopShopStudio

Re: packaging. Yes, same packaging as The Fall I Fell and Fortitude. Cooke designed this lil guy in 2007 and we've used it for each album. It holds two discs nicely. The front is the icons of the seven mesozoic animals, the back is a different collage of the same seven, and the inside are Sue's jaws. Sue is the Trex found at the Field Museum in Chicago.
antiq_front.jpg
antiq_inside.jpg

Re: packaging. Yes, same packaging as The Fall I Fell and Fortitude. Cooke designed this lil guy in 2007 and we've used it for each album. It holds two discs nicely. The front is the icons of the seven mesozoic animals, the back is a different collage of the same seven, and the inside are Sue's jaws. Sue is the Trex found at the Field Museum in Chicago.
Thanks for the picture, can you confirm that Neil Wilkes also authored the DVD?

View attachment 18613
View attachment 18612
thank you for the picture. Do you also have a European shop? $23 shipping to The Netherlands for 2 Albums seems a bit much. Assuming the package gets through custums without any problem, otherwise it will be even more expensive.

A download only of the dvd content would work for me too. thanks.

thank you for the picture. Do you also have a European shop? $23 shipping to The Netherlands for 2 Albums seems a bit much. Assuming the package gets through custums without any problem, otherwise it will be even more expensive.

A download only of the dvd content would work for me too. thanks.

International shipping went up last year. Customs charges are against common law, enforced with statutes. Nations need to enforce their constitutions if they have one. Right now we are slaves who have to do whatever we are told.

Hi All.
Stepping in, as requested - been very, very busy lately with a whole heap of good stuff hence the long silences & all will be revealed soon.

This will indeed be a full DVD-A/V hybrid, with the surround in 24/96 MLP & DTS and we are putting the final touches to the mixes this week.
I have to admit this has been seriously good fun to work on, and the album contains more than a few "ear worms" that wriggle in to your auditory system & stick there. It's a great piece of worjk from Ian and an absolute joy to have been involved in - and we hope you have as much fun & pleasure listening to it as I have had mixing it!

Anyone near Colorado might want to check this out, sure which I was in the area.

Here's a sample of what one will hear there, one song from the new album and a older song of Ian's.

Next Thursday, May 28th at Boettcher Concert Hall

Ian Cooke band, Land Lines, Jay Clifford, and Megan Burtt performing with Colorado Symphony String section.
coloradosymphony.org

video previews from a Colorado Public Radio session with the CSO quartet:

"Stegosaurus"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0wHywAq8hE

"Music"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbcYlCkDWac

Hello all! Yes, I can confirm that Neil is quite busy, and that I am quite busy! As Peter shared, we're recorded a couple songs with the quartet as a preview of the full string section performance next week with Colorado Symphony. At the same time, I'm getting art together for the DVD menus and sending notes to Neil - as he is polishing up the mixes. Planning future shows, tours, release details, etc.
The disc priority will be hi-res audio, with lyric and video content being secondary. I'd love to include a ton of video (as a video producer) but my assumption is that the majority of the 5.1 audience is most interested in hi-res audio first, and anything visual second. I'd be interested in an comments.

Regarding shipping, rusinurbe and Robert van Diggele, I'd be happy to ship the items myself in whichever manner you prefer, and charge you exactly what it costs. Our label is just a few people up the street, not a big company or anything - and I don't know what they charge exactly for international - but I'm happy to do anything to make you happy. I don't want shipping costs to get in the way of someone interested in our music.

Neil's mixes are great!
Ian O

Hi Ian O, thank you for getting back to us. I appreciate it a lot that you are looking into this. Postage is expensive, in NL too. I have the feeling that consumers, delivery employees and small businesses are paying for the "free" shipping the big online shops offer. As with so many thing that are advertised as free, someone has to pay in the end.

When you could send the total cost for the The Fall I Fell cd/dvd and the Antiquasauria cd/dvd that will be great. And if the real postage is the same as through the online shop, that is ok. It is a Neil Wilkes mix afterall :)

Quick update as Neil and I have our heads down on other projects at the very moment.
Records have arrived (Amber or Black), as well as coloring books, cds, and record jackets. Photos are posted on the pre-order page
Last week with played with the Colorado Symphony. Here is one of the songs (from Antiquasauria), Quetzalcoatlus

Hi Ian O, thank you for getting back to us. I appreciate it a lot that you are looking into this. Postage is expensive, in NL too. I have the feeling that consumers, delivery employees and small businesses are paying for the "free" shipping the big online shops offer. As with so many thing that are advertised as free, someone has to pay in the end.

When you could send the total cost for the The Fall I Fell cd/dvd and the Antiquasauria cd/dvd that will be great. And if the real postage is the same as through the online shop, that is ok. It is a Neil Wilkes mix afterall :)

I didn't think they had any Fall I Fell DVDs left to sell..!? I had to settle for a DVD-R back when I bought mine on bandcamp..

Back