Steven Wilson Jethro Tull SW Mixes on Vinyl & CD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbre4

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Just saw this on musictap.net:

"On May 26, Rhino and Parlophone will offer the Steven Wilson remix of Aqualung by Jethro Tull, on both a standard issue CD (all by its lonesome), and a vinyl LP edition. Also planned for CD only release is the Steven Wilson remix of Benefit, by Jethro Tull."

Perhaps we will see a stand-alone Aqualung Blu-Ray disc after all this year or next? Not so much asking as I know it's strictly a label concern, just mentioning it out loud as I never bought the big Aqualung box set.

"On May 26, Rhino and Parlophone will offer the Steven Wilson remix of Aqualung by Jethro Tull, on both a standard issue CD (all by its lonesome), and a vinyl LP edition. Also planned for CD only release is the Steven Wilson remix of Benefit, by Jethro Tull."

Perhaps we will see a stand-alone Aqualung Blu-Ray disc after all this year or next? Not so much asking as I know it's strictly a label concern, just mentioning it out loud as I never bought the big Aqualung box set.

I saw that too...and I hope they do for people that never got to buy it with the deluxe edition...but it seems unlikely to me...if they were going to do it they would do it when they did the CD and vinyl...sort of like the Roxy music catalog and Avalon...I guess it could happen...even though I paid a lot for it...I have never regretted buying the aqualung set...

whoa...wait a minute...as I just finished this post I got an email about a sale for the deluxe Aqualung box(with blu ray) set for $99.99 and free shipping...I paid over $150 for mine..check this out

Not just "Benefit" and "Aqualung", but there are also standard CD and vinyl editions of SW's remix of "Thick as a Brick" coming out at the end of June.
Based on that, one would also assume that a single CD remixed edition of "A Passion Play" must be coming at some point too.

More importantly to me than another Blu-Ray edition of "Aqualung" are Blu-Ray editions of the other 5 SW Tull remixes. To me, the DTS DVDs are fine considering that's all we have, but Blu-Ray would definitely be better!

Keep fighting the fight for high-res surround! :)

I fully understand the price issue on the box set ,if and when it is released as a stand alone dont hesitate to get it !! its sound is the best to date with the TULL stuff !

I was right in that a single-disc CD reissue of SW's remix of "A Passion Play" will be released around the same time as single-disc reissues on CD and vinyl of SW's "Thick as a Brick" remix.

So to recap:
Single CD reissue of SW's "Benefit" remix (a single vinyl edition already exists)
Single CD and vinyl reissues of SW's "Aqualung" remix
Single CD and vinyl reissues of SW's "Thick as a Brick" remix
Single CD reissue of SW's "A Passion Play" remix (a single vinyl edition already exists)

Now all we need are Blu-Ray editions of all 6 Tull remixes and we will be set! ;)

Back