What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Early Years 1965 - 1972 - Pink Floyd 34 disc Definitive Collection includes:
12 CDs, 8 Blu-ray's, 9 DVDs, 5 seven-inch vinyl singles, collectible memorabilia includes posters, flyers, tour programs, tickets, press advertisements, etc.

Early Years includes an extra piece of the band's history: it now also includes a supplementary disc featuring the band's seminal Live At Pompeii concert as a 2016 audio mix (see notes below). (We already have Pompeii on DVD and VCD.) It has not been released on an official CD before.
Total Box Run Time: 14 + hours of video, 12 + hours of audio (made up of 130+ tracks).

"Replacement CD" packaged w/box: Obscured 2016 mix. The CD packaged w/box is described in the book as being Obscured. In fact, it is the 2016 remix of Pompeii.

I was off yesterday so took a couple hours at my local music store. I picked up:
The Feelies - In Between cd
Brian Setzer - Live In Japan 2016 cd/blu ray
Uriah Heep - Your Turn To Remember 2cd
Game Theory - Lolita Nation 2cd
David Bowie - No Plan Ep cd

Looking at the titles after typing them in, I realize this is an unlikely pick 5. That is what made it a good day off.

I was off yesterday so took a couple hours at my local music store. I picked up:
The Feelies - In Between cd
Brian Setzer - Live In Japan 2016 cd/blu ray
Uriah Heep - Your Turn To Remember 2cd
Game Theory - Lolita Nation 2cd
David Bowie - No Plan Ep cd

Looking at the titles after typing them in, I realize this is an unlikely pick 5. That is what made it a good day off.

Brian Setzer - Live In Japan 2016 is awesome. The Japanese are crazy for rockabilly.

[video=youtube;i1Tn2FCvBPA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1Tn2FCvBPA[/video]

Garcia Live Volume Eight-The Jerry Garcia Band November 23rd 1991 Bradley Center Milwaukee[2 cd set]

Just received a new copy of Barrett - Syd Barrett (1970 solo)

:)

BFA8096E-198A-4F41-9EAB-F886AABA7D0D.jpg

The Mixture-The Perfect Relationship[this cd is worth tracking down btw especially if you like 1960's R&B with a singer who's voice sounds a bit like Rick Ocasek]

Last edited:
the
MINIONS OST
yes, I did....it was on sale at the FNAC and I LOOOVE the "Universal" intro (which , BTW was composed by Jerry Goldsmith) sung by the Minions....I know I could have recorded it off of the DVD, but I wanted it on CD..
The HIGHLIGHT though...and I see this as my ringtone, is their cover of "Revolution" (the single version).....

R-7455164-1442145252-6594.jpeg.jpg

King Bob!!

the
MINIONS OST
yes, I did....it was on sale at the FNAC and I LOOOVE the "Universal" intro (which , BTW was composed by Jerry Goldsmith) sung by the Minions....I know I could have recorded it off of the DVD, but I wanted it on CD..
The HIGHLIGHT though...and I see this as my ringtone, is their cover of "Revolution" (the single version).....

A near mint vinyl copy of Cheap Trick - Dream Police from 1979. Obviously, a wonderful collection of rock, but this particular vinyl is super quiet, punchy and fun to listen to.
Hail to Discogs!!

A near mint vinyl copy of Cheap Trick - Dream Police from 1979. Obviously, a wonderful collection of rock, but this particular vinyl is super quiet, punchy and fun to listen to.
Hail to Discogs!!

I got mine back in the day and it still has the shrinkwrap (I used to TAPE it to the cover..very carefully, though!), and yeah, those pressings were REALLY LOUD!!!!!!

ahhh, Discogs....what a dangerous place!!!!!

and speaking of Discogs.....

Sooooooo....

a great ex workmate and friend told me about this, as a boot acouple of years ago..but then I found out it had been RELEASED OFFICIALLY a few days ago(at least , it looks like it!)...and , it's from a QQ member I got the info from... and this is the WHOLE show..or at least most of it....I still haven't listened to it but I'm getting my hopes up.....

only thing I have to say , it is the BEST SOUNDING RUSH LIVE SHOW EVER (the boot..I'll report on the LP later) , and it SHAKES MY WHOLE STATION WAGON(with the 18" aluminum woofer) when I play it...especially in Xanadu and Natural Science....

yeah, Discogs.....if I may quote Adrian Belew.. "It IS a DANGEROUS place"...

R-5722926-1400930020-2311.jpeg.jpg

I've been on an early Michael Schenker kick lately. Picked up a couple of early UFOs recordings on CD, Phenomenon and Jump On It. Recently found Scorpion's Lonesome Crow, an early recording (late 60s) on CD for $5. The audio on this for regular redbook CD is really good. Lots of punchy bass and the guitar playing is, well, phenomenal. Hard to believe MS was only in his late teens when this was recorded. And in his early 20s when he joined UFO.

UFO_album_Phenomenon.jpg

Unknown.jpeg

I've been on an early Michael Schenker kick lately. Picked up a couple of early UFOs recordings on CD, Phenomenon and Jump On It. Recently found Scorpion's Lonesome Crow, an early recording (late 60s) on CD for $5. The audio on this for regular redbook CD is really good. Lots of punchy bass and the guitar playing is, well, phenomenal. Hard to believe MS was only in his late teens when this was recorded. And in his early 20s when he joined UFO.

View attachment 29011

View attachment 29012

Now you are talking! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Lonesome Crow. Check out this video...

[video=youtube;v1Bem5uomDk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Bem5uomDk[/video]

Now you are talking! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Lonesome Crow. Check out this video...

[video=youtube;v1Bem5uomDk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Bem5uomDk[/video]

The guitar solo starting at 3:05 is freaking brilliant. Thanks for posting the vid. I have Fly to the Rainbow. If you have any other early Scorps suggestions please share.

The guitar solo starting at 3:05 is freaking brilliant. Thanks for posting the vid. I have Fly to the Rainbow. If you have any other early Scorps suggestions please share.

Get them all. Anything before Lovedrive pretty much has their older sound. I have all of their albums of course...being the big Scorps fan that I am. Honestly, every one of their older albums is a home run as far as I'm concerned. Don't get me wrong, Lovedrive is awesome too, but that's when they hit their sort of "commercial stride" and sound.

Back