What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not sure about a translucent vinyl version, no lyric sheet but is a gate fold cover with lyrics printed on the inner sides, and special dust free sleeve for the record.

Master sound series, ya got to love em,those dudes knew a thing or 2 about great vinyl. :music

Toto4.jpg

Master sound series, ya got to love em,those dudes knew a thing or 2 about great vinyl. :music

View attachment 28411

Now, when was this made?
Sorry for playing the role of Uncle Grumpy here- I never found an early "Digital Master" that sounded better than the analog one.
Never could understand the whole philosophy of taking a lovely analog master and truncating it at 20K and THEN put it back again to analog...(which is what they did with the "CBS MASTERSOUND HALF- SPEED MASTERED" LPs ...and screwed it up big time)

Especially this masterpiece!!!

This one was made in 1982 and yes the USA CBS series were no good, that was because they just took the original master and slowed it down but did not adjust the eq. That is not the case for the Japanese ones which were an entirely different project by competent engineers. I think there are pros and cons to this digital mastering but I can tell you it really does sound very very nice. Also the quality of the pressing and is super thick and is second to none.
Unlike the CBS USA morons the Japanese do know there stuff. As for finding them real hard now days maybe try collector stores?

here is the companion which again has the same great sound. :smokin

Toto.jpg

This one was made in 1982 and yes the USA CBS series were no good, that was because they just took the original master and slowed it down but did not adjust the eq. That is not the case for the Japanese ones which were an entirely different project by competent engineers. I think there are pros and cons to this digital mastering but I can tell you it really does sound very very nice. Also the quality of the pressing and is super thick and is second to none.
Unlike the CBS USA morons the Japanese do know there stuff. As for finding them real hard now days maybe try collector stores?

here is the companion which again has the same great sound. :smokin

View attachment 28415

Yeah, the Japanese know their shit!
That looks GREAT...I LOOOVE"Turn Back" (I hope it came with the poster, but then, this is Japan , we're talking about EVERYTHING and the kitchen sink!!!)
"Hydra" would be great too!!

Yeah, I can't say I have a "mediocre" or "bad" Japanese pressing!!!
(DDuran's "Rio", ELP "BSS", Santana "III" in SQ, Genesis' ATTW3 and "The Story of Genesis", Yes' GFTO, etc.)

Going for a spin with this one as soon as I get a beer going............................................:brew

Tomita.jpg

Fresh Cream Super Deluxe 3 CD/1 Blu-Ray-A
Perhaps their best. CD's have UK 2ch & mono mixes, and a new stereo mix. Blu-Ray-A has US 2ch & mono mixes in 24/96. Lots of demo's, alternate mixes, BBC and other goodies.

Chicago II 2ch Steven Wilson remix CD

found this little gem today, mint condition vinyl for $7 :banana: should be a real nice spin

BST.jpg

Well, I picked up the new release 2 LP 180 gram version of Disintigration by The Cure.

Always one of my favorites, it will sound fresh as it spins at 33 1/3 ! :smokin

found another Styx half speed today, the disk is very nice shape just needs a little clean up and she's good to go :smokin

styxaudiophile2.jpg

Back