What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another James Taylor CD...and another excellent sounding one...excellent numbers here...2 of my favorite James Taylor songs on this disc...Fire and Rain and Country Road..so nice to only pay $6.99 delivered for a brand new disc and sound this good...kind of spoils you...and if you are creative and have a surround master or just use your receiver modes..you can make this sound even better...
001.JPG

IO Earth "New World, 2CD" (they're a UK band, very prog rock)
Steve Hackett, Rob Reed et al "Spectral Mornings, CD EP" - in aid of Parkinson's Disease Charity
Florence + The Machine "How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful, Deluxe CD"

Puttin' On The Style (Special Expanded Edition) - Lonnie Donnegan (Ft. Brian May, Rory Gallagher, Leo Sayer, Elton John, Adam Faith, Albert Lee, Ron Wood, Nicky Hopkins, Klaus Voorman, Jim Keltner, Ringo Starr).

image.jpg

Another James Taylor CD...and another excellent sounding one...excellent numbers here...2 of my favorite James Taylor songs on this disc...Fire and Rain and Country Road..so nice to only pay $6.99 delivered for a brand new disc and sound this good...kind of spoils you...and if you are creative and have a surround master or just use your receiver modes..you can make this sound even better...
View attachment 19143

I wish AF would get the Quad out on SACD...

Sonrisa Salvaje - David Lee Roth.

(The "Eat 'Em And Smile" album completely redone with DLR singing in Spanish.. I've been looking for this CD at a decent price for years.. it's available on iTunes but.. well.. you know.. :eek: )

image.jpg

What????? One of my FAVORITE albums from the day....singing in Spanish????

You didn't know it existed????
I remember when it came out, I was working at Tower Records Boston...I found an LP copy and bought it (still have it), and compared it to the English version which a roommate had..
Bottom line, The Spanish version is a better mix, mainly because I'm almost positive it was done after the English one, so the mix was tweaked and improved..this is s a MUST have!!!
AND they were INCREDIBLE live....what a lineup!

Back